Another eBay scam? | FerrariChat

Another eBay scam?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GatorFL, Mar 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    very rae, a 275 GTB with an automatic!!!

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Nice, huh?

3. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Wow on the first auction you can't even click on any of the links, it's all one giant link to his email. eBay really needs to take these down even before the auction begins. It seems like they could have some software in place that scanned the auction for outside email links, hyperlinks, etc.

4. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    That first auction is weird. The entire page is an image that takes you to email the seller if you click anywhere. That is weird.

Gene

5. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    man oh man, this is getting bad.

6. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    Also, the 275 was a 12 cylinder car. This one is advertised as an 8 cylinder car. Very rare indeed!! Just back from certification at the Ferrari Factory in Italy! Tested, inspected and verified to perform as new by Ferrari! WOW! I was thinking that if the car was shipped to Italy and Ferrari said the car is in the same shape it was when it left there in 1966 the car would be worth over $400k. And he only wants $35k? Man, someone is going to get a great deal!!

They only made 11 of the 275 GTB/C in 1966. I wonder how many of those actually exist anymore. Funny how someone named "bonanzaman" just happens to have one for sale on EBay for "very cheap".

7. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i thought i heard somewhere that a lot of these scammers hack into ebay users accounts and use that to sell their "items." this may help explain the name.

8. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    I just checked again and all 3 cars have been removed from EBay.

9. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Shoot! I wanted in!!!

10. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Did they leave a phone number so we could call them?

11. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    Dang, too bad the auctions are gone. I'm working on this deal with a guy who emailed me from South Africa to get his inheritance money out of the country. Once that goes through, I'll have lots of money to spend on these great deals on ebay!

12. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Only $400K. You may be a tad low.

13. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I just tried to clock on the two links in the original thread. Both have been removed by Ebay.

14. Kingair33

Kingair33 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    HAHA I had an email conversation with the guy about the Dino and 275. It’s pretty long I can private message it to anyone who wants to read it; but basically he said he just moved to Turkey and the cars were in a warehouse in NY city, so I asked for the phone number of the warehouse just to confirm that the cars were there and he replied about wanting to set up escrow so we both could be safe, so I asked for his lawyers number so my lawyer could give him a call to set up escrow but he never emailed me back :( and to think I almost got a 275 and a Dino for $60K. oh and by the way if anyone wants to Spam him his email is [email protected]

15. Mark_M5

Mark_M5 Karting

Nov 14, 2006
    Ventura County, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There were several auctions where the selling prices were about 50% of going market rates, and the seller says in the ad that the only way he'll accept offers is if you're on the "pre-approved bidder list", which you get on by sending an email.

When something is too good to be true, it usually isn't.