Brad Delp, lead singer of the band Boston, is found dead. He was 55. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Brad Delp, lead singer of the band Boston, is found dead. He was 55.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LetsJet, Mar 9, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

I think "Long Time" is one of the best RnR songs ever. Doesn't necessarily show off his vocals as much, but it's an incredible band effort.

Always loved how the track transitions from the acoustic guitar to electric later on.

RMX

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I saw them play in Boston once and its still one of the top 5 concerts Ive ever seen

3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I remember hearing their debut album when it came out - dare I say one the all-time greatest debut albums in rock 'n roll history - brilliant!

My heart goes out to all of the friends, family, and fans he left behind. He was way too young to go.

4. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    Boston has all ways been the rock band that "spoke" to me.

Having Boston lose out to The Starland Vocal Band as the Grammy best new artist of the year in 1977 still chaps my hide.

RIP Brad

5. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    I had forgotten about that bizarre injustice.

6. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    His death was ruled a suicide today. Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Really sad. I wonder what was going on in his life.

7. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Sorry to hear this

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    At least he didn't blow his own head off with a shotgun.......

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yea, I'm sure it will come out later what troubles led up to this. What a shame.

PS - I read that neighbors etc. would see him cruising around in his old yellow beetle. It's unfortunate how that may have tied into this.

10. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    true rock icons. one of my all time favorite bands. RIP

11. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Why would you even say that ?

I know a 360 million dollar lottery winner (split x8) that's still driving a 6 year old Honda, and a 90 million dollar winner driving a 2000 Jetta........

Money does not change some people.

12. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    I know of at least one local millionaire (many times over) here in K-town that still drives an old vw.

Sometimes...money doesn't always have to show itself

money doesn't equal happiness...I'm talking from experience

some of the best people I know live in a trailer, and can't afford a 350/mo mortgage...but they sure give what money money never will

13. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I know what you mean, David.
    Years ago I lived in a mobile home, 14x60, made the mistake of getting married, sold the MH for $3,000, and bought a $200,000 house.
    All I got was more space - which means 'we' had to buy more crap to put in that space....... and a mortgage that was 6x what my lot rent with the MH was.

Back then, I made enough money working one week out of the month to pay ALL of my expenses, all the rest of the months' pay was gravy. That isn't so today.....

Wish I would have kept the MH, I'd be back in it by now - AND I would have my F50 by now.

14. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    I'd love to know what the notes said. Not the personal parts, just what brought him to this. Very sad to think that life had become that unbearable that suicide had even become an option let alone a reality. Same with Jeni. I just can't imagine life going that bad.

15. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    fwiw...

this singer felt he had problems money, nor, in his mind anyway, nothing could fix..

and he just couldn't tolerate them any longer?

doesn't mean he's crazy.

my guess is..., he was a pretty cool guy

16. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

I can.

Fame, money, accomplishments and even people who love you cannot make a difference if you are truly despondent. It's not that hard for me to grasp.

Whatever his demons, he certainly must have felt deeply this was the better alternative.

RIP and God bless him.

RMX

17. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    +1
    Correct me if my recollection is in error, but I believe at one time, it was the largest selling debut album ever.

I saw them live and thought they sounded pretty good, MUCH better than most bands that can't replicate the studio sound.
    that's why the Grammys always have been and always will be such a joke. Jethro Tull beating Metallica? PLZ

18. Xeno

Xeno Rookie

May 11, 2005
    The first concert I ever saw was Boston. I paid $4 or $5 for the ticket at the St. Paul Civic Center. The concert was short, maybe 50 minutes, basicly played through the first album. I thought it sounded to much like the record. I would have prefered some extended solos, and some banter with the audience. I still thought it was great!

I hope his friends and family are doing okay

Brad

19. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed

20. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I could give a shlt what he drives and as a matter of fact I think it's cool he drives a car like that. But, it shows he probably got screwed by the record co's. My point is that his death was a result of CO poisoning and his beetle could have tied into it.

Tom Scholz was quoted as saying, "he praised Delp's "down-to-earth personality" and his "bionic accuracy" as a singer. But he closes the letter with this dark line: "Brad and I have been used and abused throughout our adult life by the music business. It continues even in his death. Please do the right thing with this."

21. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Quoted where? Who is he talking to regarding the right thing? Old manager, record label, us?

22. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Pffffffft! ;)
    Um, Now that's some terrific right logic there! D'OH!

23. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry
    Really, really nice guy. My Boy Scout leader knew him somehow and I caddied for them once in 1985-ish. Been listening to Boston forever. Never saw them live, which I now regret. They used to cruise bars on Mass.'s north shore (Rte 1 area) under a different name doing Beatles covers. Never saw that, either. "Cool the engines" is one of my favorite driving songs.

24. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Not sure although it's clear he's taking a jab at probably at the record co's. My guess is he's using the opportunity to make a point and get a bigger piece of the royalty pie and something they've been fighting for for a long time.

25. Xeno

Xeno Rookie

May 11, 2005
    I think he was talking to Andy Greene, the Rolling Stone guy he answered the question for.