P21S Wax | FerrariChat

P21S Wax

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by darkalley, Mar 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I must say this is the best wax in the world. I was lazy with my last car and didn't pull out the wax for 2 years..... So with the weather warm, I decided to pull out the P21s wax since the M3 was in need of some shine. Man the depth of shine is insane-car looks wet from every angle. Best part is the wax is easy on/ easy off and it doesn't stain black trim. Anybody looking for a new wax this is the one. I pick up my stuff from http://www.carcareonline.com/

2. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    nice M3..good friend of mine has a comp M3, very fun car....

3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    MMMmm... P21S, some of the best stuff in the business. Relatively inexpensive, superb application, removal, and attributes. Durability is the only thing a weekend car has no worries about. Not for use for the beater to make it nice, it won't last more than a good few weeks in the elements. Meguiar's NXT is a good rival for it that gives you durability for a ding in the wet glossy look and warmth P21S gives especially to dark colors.

Sunny

4. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I use P21s as well, very good wax and easy to apply/take off. Claybar also helps before the wax.

5. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Its good, just remember to apply it thin and wipe it off quick. I put it on too thick once and it took forever to get off.

I used to wax my car, My paint is in such bad shape now nothing will help it. :(

6. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    I use S100 from the Harley store. Same stuff (and results) for half the price.

7. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I use P21S on all of my inventory units..... I swear it is worth an extra $500 per sale.

8. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I learned the hardway as well. Less is better and a fast removal is a must. Agreed about the durability. Blitz One grand is another i use that has better durability but I can't get over the shine i get from the P21s.

9. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If you like P21S, step up and try Pinnacle Souveran. About twice the price, but a darkening deep wet shine it cant be beat. I have tried everything pretty much, trust me! :)

10. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    It depends how critical an eye you have. Lighter colors, P21S. Darker colors, Pinnacle. But not by much. You won't know the difference without a side by side comparison they both rock. My Pinnacle ran out and adding a lighter color XJR to the stable, I'm going to make the switch.

11. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    P21s is by far my favorite wax. Pinnacle Signature for light and Souveran for dark colored cars also work very well. Not a wax I would recommend for daily driven cars unless you like to wax often. For daily drivers I love Meguiars #21.

I heard a while back that there was a slight difference between p21s's formulation ans s100's. Something to do with the % of bees wax and carnuba, s100 having less carnuba and more bees wax. Anyone heard this?

12. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Does Pinnacle stain black trim?? I must say that is one of the best features of the P21S.

13. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    It will leave an oily residue or smudge but not stain white or hazy. Because its a wipe on wipe off wet, you won't brush the trim and have to let the wax set before you realized it.

14. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Very True! In my eye I can tell the difference of waxes but to the "normal Joe" they can't. Souveran certainly darkens the paint and gives a very wet glow. P21S and a little more "shine" and makes metallic paint pop. A wax I suggest for light color and VERY GOOD durability I would suggest Collinite Insulator Wax (IW 845) Its inexpensive and gives very good results. I guarantee it will outlast both P21S and Souveran.

JaguarXJ6 --- you seem to be into detailing...you are my best friend! lol :)

15. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Have been.. now I just take care of my own cars. Work and stress coupled with injuring my back (pinched nerve that comes back now and then) makes sure I keep it casual. ;)

How does the Insulator compare to the Super Doublecoat? I haven't tried layering anything except Zaino, Pinnacle, P21S, and NXT in various coats. Collonite has balls durability with any of their line, though. These F-car guys want shine ease and can get away with something more fit for show vice a daily driver though.

What do you know of Menzerna? I know nuttink.

16. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Have you tried Blitz One Grand? Seems very durable as well but not the depth of the p21s.

17. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    I've used p21s, Blitz one, etc...

But, haven't tried Zaino. Looks good....I usually like pastes over liquids though...

How's Zaino compare?

(I have used Zaino Tire Dressing.....best there is).

18. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    For durability, I haven't found anything quite like Zaino. For my daily driver, it went 6 months before I had to reapply. I just took the car through no-touch washes once every few weeks and did a wipe down with a quick detailer spray. I did use a car cover some of the time.

The issue with Zaino is its VERY time consuming and has a procedure that you need to use to prep and in between coats that puts most enthusiasts off. It looks very good and layer your favorite carnuba on top is the best of both worlds IMO. They just came out with something called Z-CS which is a spray/mist on let dry and no wiping needed to layer Zaino I'm going to experiment with a friend on his garage queen Supra.

If you like to take care of your own car but don't want to spend half a day, pick a good carnuba.

Envision likes this.
  19. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hey... Just found this thread! Sunny, long time, no see. How have you been?
    I like P21S and I use it from time to time. But I am a big fan of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax applied by machine. Done right, the paint feels like silk. Zymol Carbon is growing on me very quickly though.:)

20. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    P21s is the best stuff ... I just tried it... I am now a believer!