NART Spyder... | FerrariChat

NART Spyder...

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 134282, Jan 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    There was a silver 275 NART Spyder (with NJ used car dealer plates) at Moroso on Friday during Cavallino. I'm told it was also on the lawn at the Breakers during Saturday's concours (I don't know, I didn't see it). Does anyone know the serial number of this car...? Did anyone get a picture of the placard that sat in the window if it was on the lawn...?

2. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Carbon,

Ron (Tifosiron) admired that car and took some pics. You may want to PM him to see if he got the SN. Also, if it was registered for the show, the SN will be in cavallino mag in a couple issues...

Simon

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The exigent need for this information cancels out patiently waiting for the next issue of Cavallino to finally arrive. I'll ask Ron, perhaps he got a picture. I took some pictures of the car at the track on Friday, but there was obviously no placard in the window. Funnily enough, when we saw it at the track (Ron and I), he jokingly inquired as to the serial number, as if I could know it off the top of my head. :)

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    How about a pic?

5. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Sorry, but I didn't record the serial number. Funny thing though- the car was left out in front of The Breakers all night with the top down despite the fact that it rained that night. It looked pretty damp inside when I went out for an early morning walk on Sunday!

6. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
  7. jgcferrari

jgcferrari Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 21, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jose
    I think it is S/N 10749 ex- Carlos Hank.

8. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    But 10749 is silver/red interior. Not black...

9. steve mcgregor

Jun 27, 2006
    laguna beach calif
    Full Name:
    steve mcgregor
    10709 was originally silver-grey with red interior. here is list of nart spyders. 09437 was yellow/black.09751 was originally yellow/black.10139 was originally light red/orange.10219 was originally fly yellow/black.10249 was originally red/black.10453 originally blue/black "thomas crown" car. 10691 was originally blue/black. 10709 was originally silver-grey/red. 10749 originally silver/red.

10. steve mcgregor

Jun 27, 2006
    laguna beach calif
    Full Name:
    steve mcgregor
    does anyone know what these cars are worth today? cavallino states in its feb 06 edition 3-4 million. anyone actually pay that price yet?

11. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    What about 11057? Listed on Barchetta as Grigio scuro/nero. What color is this, my Italian is very limited. Also, Barchetta lists the first one as 09437 and the Godfrey Eaton book lists the number as 09347, which is correct?

12. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    I believe the yellow "Thomas Crown Affair," car sold at Goodings in Monterey in '05 for 3.6mm plus commission. That is the only NART spider I am aware of that has sold at auction in the last ten years or so. There have been a few cut cars offered anywhere between $450 and $900k over the last year or so - mostly in Europe.

13. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I believe a friend of mine used to own this car. If it's the car I think it is, it was a GTB at the time.

Jack

14. steve mcgregor

Jun 27, 2006
    laguna beach calif
    Full Name:
    steve mcgregor
    my information was extracted from article in ferrari market letter by gerald roush. 09437 was first on list.

15. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt

I think the Godfrey Eaton book was in error. All of the sources I checked list the first one as 09437.

16. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I had the rare pleasure to see Eddie White's (I think?) N.A.R.T. Sypder in High Point NC last year. A very beautiful car indeed. Very interesting history. There is a story about some high school kid drinking all of the beer at the air hanger where it was kept, and running it off the end of the runway at high speed. I think this was after it had been restored as well. Mr. White told him that if he stayed out of trouble and in school, when he got a job he could pay for the damage. I think he forgave the debt, and the kid turned out to be a well rounded responsible adult.

17. cptndon

cptndon Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2005
    Annapolis
    09437 went to High Point in October 1967. Stayed there till early '90s(?) and was burgundy in color. See "The Thomas Crown Affair" and Forza #60. Also, was entered by Chinetti at Sebring with Denise McCluggage and Pinky Rollo driving. Came 2nd in class.

18. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I believe "grigio scuro/nero" indicates dark gray with black (interior).

19. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    That would be Eddie Smith. Among other honors, the UNC fieldhouse is named after him. Hope you enjoyed yourself at Daytona, maybe next year we can meet up again in New Smyrna!

KevFla

20. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Serial Number 10527, fomerly owned by Keith McCaw, now represented by Charles Yasky.

Car is not a NART spider, but rather a chop by Bandolini of Italy. Looks like a nice job, but still not the real thing.

21. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    Interesting, it had a NART badge so I assumed it was the real deal. Is Cavallino slipping and letting in, I hesitate to use the word "fake", but it is posing as a NART spyder.

22. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    I would be surprised if they allowed a chop top 275 too.

23. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    If it is not one of the ten NART's but is posing as one, it is a fake NART Spyder, but a genuine Ferrari nonetheless.

24. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    Sure it's a Ferrari, but Ferrari didn't make any 275 GTB/4 Spyders. I didn't think Cavallino allowed chopped cars in the show. Anyone remember any Daytonas that had been converted into spyders allowed in the show?

25. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    This is really pretty funny. They won't even publish a letter I wrote about 0846 which corrects a mistake they published about the wheelbases of P3's and P4's which are NOT the same but are different by 12mm but they invite this "NART" which isn't a NART and Roland's F40 LM which isn't an F40 LM.