60th Birthday Celebrations! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

60th Birthday Celebrations!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Dino2010, Dec 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Could there be a connection with this rumour maybe?

New car in June...the timing would be right...

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=136349033#post136349033

2. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Thankyou Derolez, this is wonderful news. Just hope that I'll be free by that time. This would be a perfect start to my planned auto-themed holiday trip around Europe. Hope it won't be too big a problem that I'm not a Ferrari owner though :( As to the relay - as (nearly) always, everything Ferrari oriented misses Poland. Maybe I'll manage to get down to Prague for the event.. my favourite city so even more of an incentive to go. Can't wait!

3. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    I too think its a bit too early for the F60, although I dont see how Ferrari could miss the opportunity. Usually spy pics or information leaks would have already appeared in the net by this time. Then again maybe that was the purpose of the FXX - to grab the attention of everyone and drag it away from development on the F60. I'd say 430CS is the most probable answer though.... hope I'm wrong! :D

4. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    "Great chance"...don't you mean DEFINITELY??? :D MARK

5. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    i think there are 3 possibility

- 430 Challenge Stradale
    - 612 Sclaglietti AWD
    - 599 GTS

6. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Hello Bob, bonjour Bob!

You could be right, I also read a lot about the 430 CS! Nevertheless, I hope F has a surprise for us with the coming of a new supercar, maybe F60? With such big Celebrations coming up, they would dare...
    Regards!

7. AlainS.

AlainS. Karting

Apr 11, 2006
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Any more specific news on planned events?
    Should I go ahead with booking an Italy trip already, what do you guys think?

8. 348holland

348holland Formula 3

Dec 11, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I did!

9. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Booking a trip to Italy in June was one of the very first things I did this year when I was sobered up...

See you in Maranello!

Gr. Martin

10. joopjoldersma

joopjoldersma Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Joop Joldersma
    I am planning to go there. Even though some (most?) of us will not be invited to any of the "going ons", it should be exiting to see all the cars around.
    I'm not sure if I go "hotelling" or "caravanning".

11. Ice Cube

Ice Cube F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2005
    Nieuwpoort, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Eddy Pareit
    I'm very sorry for "the dreamers", but it will be the F430 Challenge Stradale that's on the menu in June.
    The car has already been announced since last year to see birth in June 2007.

But as we all know, Ferrari is Ferrari and ....

Greetz,

Eddy

12. omarmakki

omarmakki Rookie

Sep 27, 2006
    Guys... Any idea if there is a schedule for this? I mean when will they pass through each country?
    I'm asking because I'll be in Qatar by early Feb and it would be awesome if I could know when will the "relay race" pass by so that I could go take a look and snap some pics! :D

13. niek

niek Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Niek
    The complete schedule for the Ferrari 60 Relay will be officially revealed tomorrow. This will also be the first day of the event, which will start in Abu Dhabi, as you might already know.
    The celebrations in Maranello will take place on 23 & 24th of june.

14. niek

niek Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Niek
    #39 niek, Jan 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ferrari today announced that they will produce 60 different versions of the 612 Scaglietti to celebrate their 60th anniversary. Each one will be a one-off, carrying a badge of the Ferrari 60 Relay.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    The actual article:

FERRARI 1947-2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News from italy:

Ferrari celebrates 60 year anniversary

1/8/2007

Ferrari is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2007 with a major event from June 21st to June 24th in Maranello, Italy. Maranello will be the finish line in a “relay race” across five continents where participants will carry a baton embossed with symbols of the 60 greatest moments in the company’s history. The relay represents an extraordinary, collective sign of enthusiasm that will bring together Ferrari clients and their cars representing every model and era.

The “Ferrari 60 Relay” will kick off on January 28th in Abu Dhabi, site of the future Ferrari theme park, and conclude in Maranello on June 24th, after traversing about 50 countries in 148 days. The central theme of the final events is technological innovation pioneered by Ferrari in the 60 years of its existence. For the occasion, Ferrari is assembling its 60 most important innovations, ranging from aluminum pliers for disc brakes to the electric differential and the F1 gearbox.

Against this backdrop Ferrari has organized its first concours d’élégance: a series of events on the track, at the factory and at the Galleria Ferrari in Maranello celebrating the elegance of the Ferrari. An Opera Omnia book will be published on the company’s history, a collection of pictures and data on all the road cars and race cars built by Ferrari.

The baton for the Ferrari 60 Relay was specially created to symbolize the history of the company, from its first success at the Rome Grand Prix of 1947 to the Ferrari FXX of 2006. Our clients will carry the baton around the world in their cars. Each country along the way will dedicate to Ferrari an object representative of their local culture and traditions. The local Italian Embassies will then forward the objects to the Farnesina Palace in Rome for an exhibition of the whole collection. Once the exhibit is over, the objects will be auctioned off in Maranello, with the proceeds going to a charity organization.

From Abu Dhabi the long relay will proceed to Dubai, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. From the Emirates it will head east, to Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Australia, and New Zealand. From Oceania it will fly to South Africa and then on to Latin America, reach Mexico, and from there continue on to United States and Canada. Then to Europe, where it will cross Portugal, Spain, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, England, Greece, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia and Turkey. It will then touch Egypt and Lebanon, and finally to Italy, where it will touch all the main cities finally arriving, after a special ceremony in Rome, in Maranello.

Of particular interest are the 60 symbols created for the 60 events. Enamel reproductions of them by Editalia (Gruppo Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato) will be applied to the baton, and 60 posters of the symbols will also be made. What makes these symbols unique is the fact that they were produced by six different creative teams, guaranteeing a vision of the whole of great graphic and symbolic interest.

16. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    press information from today:

Ferrari's 60th Anniversary

Marathon round the world celebratory relay officially started in Abu Dhabi by Piero Ferrari after announcement of 60th Anniversary car.

Maranello (Italy), January 29th 2007 - The marathon relay celebrating Ferrari's 60th anniversary started this morning from the Italian Embassy in Abu Dhabi at 10 a.m. local time. The relay will involve over 10,000 Ferrari owners and their cars of all ages. These will act as symbolic "bearers" of a specially commissioned relay baton adorned with 60 badges symbolising the most extraordinary events in the Marque's 60-year history.

Abu Dhabi was chosen as the start point for the relay - which after the Middle East makes its way across China, Japan, Australia, South Africa, America and the whole of Europe - as a result of plans to build a major Ferrari theme park plus a motor racing circuit on the island of Yas in the most rapidly developing area of the Emirates' capital.

Having left Abu Dhabi, the protagonists of the first leg of the relay headed for Dubai from where they will drive on to Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Kuwait. The marathon relay will end at Maranello on June 23rd. The participants in the tour will be received at the various Italian embassies in the countries they pass through en route to Maranello. Also on June 16th, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs will host a special ceremony at the Palazzo della Farnesina in Rome during which there will be a charity auction by Ferrari, the proceeds of which will be donated to needy children.

The relay was officially started by Piero Ferrari, Vice President of Ferrari and son of founder Enzo Ferrari. In his speech, Ferrari spoke about his father and his brilliant intuition in creating a Marque that has become a symbol of Italian talent and exclusivity across the world. He also praised Luca di Montezemolo who has, over the last 15 years, returned Ferrari to the very pinnacle of the sporting and commercial worlds.

The launch of a special celebratory anniversary series of cars was also announced at the start of the relay. The series will consist of just 60 unique cars, each one linked to one of the 60 most important events in the Prancing Horse's history, from the World titles won by Ascari and Schumacher to the launch of epoch-making models such as the GTO, the F40 and the Enzo, and also the people who have headed the company to the present day.

Ferrari embarks upon this 12 months of celebrations having just ended an exceptionally brilliant financial year that saw the Company post revenues of ¿1,447 million (+12.3% on 2005's takings) resulting in a trading profit of ¿183 million (+17%) and 5,650 deliveries to its worldwide dealership network, a new record.

The Relay Baton

The relay baton was designed and created to symbolise Ferrari's history and is topped by a dazzling platinum and diamond Prancing Horse made by Damiani. It also features 60 enamel symbols designed by the Intesta e D'Adda, Lorenzini, Vigorelli and BBDO advertising agencies, and by creative talents Alessandro Migliorini of Area Creativa, Marco Morosini, Enzo Naso of the eponymous studio and Wolfgang Seidl of Seidldesign.

Ferrari Theme Park

Scheduled to open in 2009, the new Ferrari Theme Park will cover a massive 250,000 sqm and will feature 24 themed attractions for all the family, including a 70-metre-high G-Force Tower and a twin rollercoaster ride that for the first time allows to race against each other. Moreover, go-karting, rally driving and dune buggy tracks, and a vast array of food and beverage outlets.

In addition to the Ferrari Park, however, the 2,500-hectare Yas Island will also host a motor racing circuit, signature hotels, apartments, villas, a wide selection of restaurants, a retail area of about 300,000 sqm, golf courses, a water park, a tourist marina, a hotel overlooking the lagoon and numerous food and beverage outlets that will create a unique international tourist destination.

The Ferrari Theme Park project and construction, as well as the whole Yas Island development is by Aldar Properties, and the total investment for the Park is of around US$600 million.

60 unique Ferraris

As part of its 60th anniversary celebrations, Ferrari will build a series of 60 truly unique cars. These will be based on the 612 Scaglietti, the Prancing Horse's range-topping Granturismo which combines blistering performance and superb handling with superior comfort, sumptuous handcrafted trim, state-of-the-art accessories and meticulous attention to detail.

The cars will be offered with a two-tone livery in a combination of classic Ferrari colours as used on some of the Prancing Horse's most memorable models. The interior appointments will feature sophisticated colour combinations and a stunning new-generation electrochromic glass roof, itself a major innovation. The degree of opacity of the roof, in fact, can be adjusted to suit the occupants' requirements.
    To underline the exclusivity of this series of one-offs, each example will also boast an enamelled symbol set on the central tunnel representing one of the 60 historic events chosen to celebrate the Marque's anniversary.
    The result is a true collector's car aimed at Ferrari's most dedicated clients.

17. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    *wallets ;)

18. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
  19. 355_Challenge

355_Challenge Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Michaël
    #44 355_Challenge, Jan 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Damn that brings back memories :D Too bad the was never a convoy of Ferraris travelling down that road when I was there ;(

21. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    what i could read out from the press text is that it is only a part of celebration, so i'm guessing many more interesting things to come

22. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    What will enthusiasts/non-owners be able to do in Maranello from June 21st-24th. There is a concours going on? Will non-owners be able to attend, like Pebble Beach? I am really considering going to Maranello for this.

23. 355_Challenge

355_Challenge Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Michaël
    I think you need a ticket to get on the test track but around the test track will be enough to see....

24. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    They are planning a huge meeting at Monza with 1500 invited Ferrari's

25. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Very intresting. Did you get that info in Enschede today too?