Boxer vs Countach. | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Boxer vs Countach.

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Fan512bbi, Oct 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Hey, the main thing is i still have a 12 that will keep it company. ;)

2. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I agree, Lamborghini isn't better than Ferrari nor Ferrari isn't better than Lamborghini. They are just two great cars that are welcomed in my garage anytime.

Once again, its like trying ask which girl is hotter, Jordana Brewster or Jesscia Alba?. There's no way your going to pic one of them like that without thinking about it regardless of which one you like more.

Its near impossible to have just one of them, but in this case you have both!.

3. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    I'm with you on the two wheel experience. My MV Agusta F-4 1000 is an awesome bike and while I think a Hayabusa and the ZX-14 will smoke it, it still is a stimulating ride hanging off of it in the canyons. Also, it looks and sounds as exotic as it rides. It's a perfect, 2-wheeled Italian compliment to my '77 carbed Boxer.

4. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    I agree with your assessment of the driving experience of a Boxer in comparasin to a modern Ferrari. I tested a very nice 550 Maranello and almost bought it over the Boxer. But I also found myself quickly toodling along with no real involvement in the driving experience. I just shifted gears, accelerated and braked like any other high performance car. It sounded nice with the Tubi and was deceptively fast, but after that, I could have essentially been driving any other car. But, in all fairness, modern Ferraris are awesome!

5. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    'Sounds good. I wish I could afford them both.

6. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    Agreed. 'Have a carbed Boxer but I have to say that lime green with blue interiored Miura is to die for! I also sat in the Shah of Iran's Miura done by Bobileff and what a well done, beautiful car.

7. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i will agree w/ you on the shah car is or must be the nicest muira sv in existance and certainly the blue / blue w/ silver rockers and le mans filler is the most gorgeous color combo i have ever seen!!!

8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I have to say that Miuras are awesome! I don't know that I would really want to own one, but that doesn't stop me from admiring (okay, drooling all over) one when I see it.

9. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #359 joe sackey, Dec 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OK, so this is now the MIURA SV thread then?? Here you go, yours truly at the wheel feeling the back end comin' round....

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. TiAmoVeloce

TiAmoVeloce Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    So. California
    A very nice choice of six wheels sitting in your garage.

11. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #361 joe sackey, Dec 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And here is a Boxer and a Countach (LP400), but....the darned camera man is focusing on the Countach. Oh well, best I could do...

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. vmanaktala

vmanaktala Karting

Dec 28, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Vinnie
    Sorry I have not been around for a while, but I would like to reply to this. I will be running my Track Car at Pahrump the 27th and 28th of this month. ( I will also be there in 4/21-22 if for some reason you are busy, *******)

As my car carrier can fit more then one car I will be glad to bring the Countach up. It is an all Corvette weekend, but we should be able to get time for a couple laps. I will be glad to run your 512. Since I am bringing my car 600 miles Why don't you contact Pahrump and see if we can get a couple laps for us. I will pay for it, as long as you shut up if you are beat. BTW I have never driven at Puhrum.

The fact that you keeps saying Allan and me are lovers, reflects far more on you then me. You are truly a worthless POS

Awaiting your reply

Also sent you a PM time to drop the BS and put up or shut up

13. ferraripete

oh...a tough guy! you must be a super hot shoe so you would probably win hands down. we are all pretty wary of super fast guys like you. you are likely like soooo many track guys i have seen and instructed in the past...you are clearly too fast for this group thus we give up. you win stud dog!!

pcb

14. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

Thanks for the PM dicksore, first off why would I want to indulge your fantasy of racing my BB with your Lambo CT aka the Velvet Elvis Painting of exotics with some awipe that clearly has a hostile attitude towards myself and car?

Sounds like a lot of fun unless I happen to be in the mood to square off with someone that day.

BTW the designated Corvette Club days at Spring Mountain in Pahrump are Corvette only, no other cars allowed

15. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    I'll add one point it appears vmanakatla is an old guy, or older enthusiest as we'll call him so I'll back off on him a bit with some of my personal comments as it appears he has tracked his 308 back in '83 but still seems to like to talk **** which he began here and many other threads I have posted on this site over the years concerning the L vs Ferrari debate, even though he's from the L Power camp and fair game I'll leave it at that.

16. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Wow. A lot of hostility here.

I always loved both cars, I had a Ferrari (albeit a 308QV) for a while, wanted a BB, but was fortunate enough to get an early Countach (which has exceeded my expectations).

I am now considering a second exotic, perhaps even a BB, however after reading the technical posts here (including some from Mr. Sarti), I feel the BB has too many flaws, specifically the weakness of the rear differential and the shaft which transmits power from the engine to the gearbox - if you search threads in Fchat you can see what I mean. This seems to be a trait carried over to the early Testarossa as well. At the end of the day, you have to live with the car, and the fear of an exploding diff would take some of the fun out of it.

The Countach, aside from requiring drivetrain removal for clutch replacement is hassle free in comparison (although some parts can be hard to find). The BB needs an engine out for belts and water pump seals which makes the Countach clutch issue a bit of a wash, although clutch failure on the Countach will not destroy the engine like a belt failure on a BB. Neither car are cheap to keep, but nor were they meant to be.

Unlike the bodywork, the carburetted engine and gearbox of the Countach are simple and stout, something which the BB lacks in apparent comparison. Maybe it is the tractor manufacturer influence at work here.

When evaluating 25+ year old sports cars, the basic strength of the drivetrain must count for something.

Just my $0.02

17. ferraripete

i have had some drivetrain issues on my bb and w/ that said, i think the concerns are heightened a little bit too much on this forum. while the bb's are expensive to maintain, they are in may ways also very bullet proof. the many strenghts of the car tend to make us all dwell on the few shortcomings.

i love the ct as well but would say to you that as a ct owner, don't buy a bb as you will find it to similar to your current ride. get a daytona and get a taste of the front engined 12. very different from your ct or our bb's.

best,

pcb

18. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i wish you guys would get along. i have friends on both sides of the fence.

i would love to have one of each car, with carbs! :cool:

happy new year.

19. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Ferraripete, I am curious, what problems did you have with your BB?

North American versions of either the CT or the BB are federalized, the effect on the car seems to vary from car to car depending on who did the work, some are faster and some are slower as a consequence. My CT is a non federalized euro spec car without sound deadening or any emissions equipment whatsoever, it runs well, but I could imagine how air pumps, catalytic converters, etc., would strangle it.

A Daytona would probably not suffer from such problems but alas, they come in at about the price of a good BB and a good CT, combined.

I like your thinking however.

20. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Ah...Thread is rejoined after site was down...
    Shame that alot of the senseless bickering was lost...:(.......;)

21. gamby

gamby Karting

Aug 17, 2006
    All of this bickering reminds me of the reasons I stopped reading the Honda message boards. I guess it's no different on any board--we just have different toys. *shrug*

My point would be--why even bother trying to pick which car is better??? They're both iconic machines. Amazing for their own individual reasons.

As for design, it's apples and oranges. The Lambo's beauty is in the sheer brutality of its design (although I get the same feeling looking at it as I would a beautiful woman--but that's entirely another story ). The BB's beauty is the flow and curves of a classic Pininfaraina shape. Both are spectacular.

I find beauty in modernist architecture--many others hate it. It comes down to a design preference there. No different than comparing a CT to a BB.

There's an outsider's $02.

Fascinating to read accounts by the owners of these cars, BTW. Great thread.

22. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    If I recall corect, Corvette Club meets don't care if any other car shows up to there meets. There's aways a Viper at Corvette meetings.

23. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    How about you put your money where your mouth is and give him a run. Don't talk trash, lay down challenges if your gonna back out.

You say Lamborghini's are bullvard cruisers, well how about you make it a fact rather than a debate.

24. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Maybe because I don't particularly like him or anyone else of Ellens buddies

I know many that track at Spring Mountain Motorsports Park plus the management, I don't want to create any drama BS there.

You know all you do is post about crap here you know nothing about which is why most everyone here thinks you are a complete idiot, unlike most non owners here who are respectful and want to learn and keep their mouths shut you keep blabbing your worthless opinions over and over again, my advice would be to shut up more and continue to play with your 1/64 models and stay on LP, if you are lucky you can ride b1tch in someones Lambo if you treat them real nice.

25. ferraripete

i say they are both "Bullvard" cruisers. very nice cars for the job at that.

and btw....learn to spell "bullvard". try www.dictionary.com

and last, try not to be such ****** head.