2007 Nissan 350Z. | FerrariChat

2007 Nissan 350Z.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by jordanair45, Dec 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordanair45

jordanair45 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    Does anyone have plans on purchasing a 2007 350Z or already have one on order? It's time for me to upgrade my car, and there is no doubt in my mind that the 350Z is the best bang for the buck. 306HP, true dual exhaust, a 8000 redline, it sounds as if it is going to be a great car, especailly with all of the hype surrounding the new engine, and nothing but great reviews about it in the new G35 Sedan. I don't really like the "hump" as a hood, but it's growing on me. I can't wait to check one out in January. The 2006 was just re-designed, and now the 2007 is completley different, I am fearful that if I were to purchase a 2007, the 2008-or-2009 is going to be a completely different car. Thoughts?

Also, I have heard that the new Z will debut in 2008 as a 2009 model. Rumored to have the same engine, same components, just a highier output of around 330hp, and a new design.

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
  3. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The G35 also holds its value extremely well...

4. TopCloser

TopCloser Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2006
    Buy a 2008 Mutang Boss. More bang for your buck.

5. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If "bang for your buck" was the primary concern, he could pick up an '03-04 Z06 in the low $30's and run rings around the '08 Boss.

6. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
    I'm not ordering one since I already have an '06. It has a new VQ35HR engine which was said to be quicker than VQ35DE because its output was not measured under the new strict SAE standards. I also heard it has a new twin intake system. It also has a bluetooth for both Touring and Grand Touring. There are also new colors like San Marino Blue, Solar Orange, and Carbon Silver added to the line-up (can't wait to see the colors). '07 Z should be a great buy.

Major changes would be in 2009 just after the release of the '08 GTR.

7. jordanair45

Feb 6, 2006
    I believe that the brochures are already avaliable at dealerships, I am going to try to pick one up when I get some free time off of work. The G35 coupe just isn't as appealing to me as a 350Z for some reason, the 350Z just seems like a more fun car to drive. Best bang for the buck would be a Corvette or a used Z06, but when considering bang for the buck, it is going to incorporate not just performance, but design, build quality, mechanics, and so on. From what I have heard, Chevy makes a beast, but there are so many rattles and mechanical problems with Vette's. Hell, the best bang for the buck is a Porsche 911, but that is way out of my price range.

8. Limeade

Limeade Karting

Mar 20, 2006
    Sorry guys, the G35 weighs more, and is not as nimble. Be it may that it has a nicer interior that Z's new engine is great, I should know I drive a 07 G sedan and it has the new vqhr in it.

9. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    That high of a redline would indicate ALOT more power than 306. Are you sure its red zone ain't 7K?

By the way, have you driven a RX-8? They're a lot more fun, more responsive, nicer interior than the Z, though they don't have anywhere near the torque. Maybe you've run across this in your research, but the Nissan, unlike the Mazda, shares its chassis AND engine with other cars and trucks. That doesn't necessarily make a proper sporting car.

10. DrummingCannoli

DrummingCannoli Karting

Dec 14, 2006
    Katonah, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
  11. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Where did you hear this? The C5 Vette is pretty bullet-proof.

If depreciation is a major factor, you're going to get abused buying an '07 350Z now and then trying to sell it once the new model comes out as an '09. If that's not a factor and you think that the 350Z is the best fit for you, jump all over it. I'm sure the 350Z will be a fun car to have.

12. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Well I can tell you for one.... It's a nice looking car but there is a lot that could be improved in the fit and finish department. I have had to get the transaxle resealed twice, the car is now at ~50k miles. Both door computers have died at various times and have been replaced. The air conditioning compressor died at 20k miles. The pop up headlight gears have stripped out.... just to name a few of the problems.

13. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I would try and get into a used NSX. After trying both a back to back, I would never buy a 350Z.

14. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sorry to hear about all of your problems. Your experience differs greatly from most that I know, so that's most unfortunate.

15. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Just wait and get a Honda GXA, the car replacing the S2000. It'll be a 2+2 with a 3 litre V-tec 6 cylinder powerplant developing 320 HP at 7500RPMs. (again, not the V8 or V-10 reported in Road and Track) It will feature the Honda SH-AWD system, GPS navigation, an eight speaker stereo system with an in-dash CD changer and XM satellite radio, and an information system that displays trip, gas mileage, service intervals, and other pertinent data. The sport tuned suspension will have five settings to adjust between comfort and all-out performance. The 18” forged alloy wheels will come equipped with Bridgestone’s newest Potenza sport tire with 255/35 series in the front and 285/30s in the rear. The new interior will be much plusher than the S2000, and offer many additional options to the buyer than the one-flavor fits all approach of the S2000. Power will be delivered to the wheels through either a six speed manual transmission or a five speed automatic with a clutchless shift option. The base model is expected to retail in the $43k range, but options can push that figure to more than $50k. The new models should start appearing in Tokyo showrooms sometime in the spring of 2007 with a US appearance a short time after. As soon as more photos/info is available, we’ll be sure to post it right away. The S2000 is very near and dear to all of us here at S2ki, and while the news is quite disturbing on one hand, we’re excited to see what Honda has in store for us next.

http://www.s2ki.com/Home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=252&Itemid=6

16. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I stopped by my friends house the other day and there in the garage was the brooklands green, 94 NSX that I sold him. Lowered with Volks, headers, exhaust, etc. His wife has a 350Z parked next to it. The girlish 350 isn't even in the same league. Even after owning one I still can't believe how exotic they look in person. NSX depreciation has seemed to slow to a crawl also.

17. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    In my back to back driving of both cars, the NSX and 350Z were dead even in speed...when the NSX was being driven one gear higher. (ie NSX 4th gear accel matched 350z 3rd gear accel at the same speed). In the same gear and speed, it was not even a contest.

The 350Z is a joke. My friends stock 300ZX turbo is faster and more masculine looking.

18. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    If you're looking for bang for your buck I'd strongly recommend the 2006 GTO. You can get 400hp and 400 ft lbs of torque for under 30k, a useable back seat, drive train from the C6 Corvette. After market parts are plentiful if you wish to mod the car up. Definitely a car to consider.

19. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I have heard from many 350Z owners that they are unreliable and are frequently in for service. I know of at least 3 that have been lemon lawed.

20. jordanair45

Feb 6, 2006
    Excellent feedback. I LOVE the Nsx, it's just a pure breed of excellence. Some guy in my area has a black nsx with some black spoked ray's wheels, and it is just a drop dead car. Performance is killer and the design is very exotic. The depreciation is small, so for one in prestine condition run me around 40k, a little out of my price range. For that range, I would learn towards a used 911. My mother had a 2003 350z and it handled as if it were on rails. We didn't keep it that long, the two seats were somewhat of an inconvienece from time to time, but it was a fairly nice car. Wow, a car buying decision is the hardest decision car enthusiasts like ourselves will ever face.

Unless you have Bill Gates' money, then you could buy whatever the hell you want.

21. AntonioDestiny

AntonioDestiny Karting
    BANNED

Oct 5, 2005
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    check out my350z.com

22. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    The newer Z in 09 or whatever will have a 3.8L VQ. The engine is already being put into production this year in the NISMO 380RS, which you can only buy in Japan in very limited quantities. It's a homologation car.

23. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION IX MR SE FOR THE WIN

With the Pontiac GTO a VERY CLOSE second.

Al lthe rest, including the 350z are rubbish.

24. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    The problem with lancer's is that they are built like rubbish. Good performance though...

25. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    They arent bad, the interior is of decent quality, definately better than a 350z's interior. They go like a bat out of hell, and Id advise on the RS, as its not quite so boy racer-ish. However, Id personally choose the New Subaru STi Limited.