Michigan vs. Ohio State | FerrariChat

Michigan vs. Ohio State

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by tfazio, Nov 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    So who here is looking forward to this game? I am. Who does eveyone think will win? Do you think the loser will still have a chance to play in the BCS title game?

I have been a Michigan fan since I was a kid. In the 90's, Michigan had Ohio State's number. Yet lately it has been the opposite. I miss the John Cooper days. I wished they never got rid of him. :)

I will start the predictions.

Michigan 27 Ohio State 24

2. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Michigan raised, U of M grad, and Michigan fan, but a realist.

I hope against all hope for a Michigan victory but here's why OSU will win:

Tressell is a better coach than Carr, although the new O and D coordinators at Michigan are really helping.

Troy Smith is a better QB than Chad Henne.

Defenses are about equal.

What may win it for Michigan is the deep threat. OSU has not played against really good receivers. If Henne doesn't f*** up, they might win the game. I sure hope that they do.

3. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I am one of a whole family full of OSU grads and die hard buckeye fans. Not to mention that College Football is my favorite - and my saturdays are spent watching most all games on TV!

I of course hope OSU wins... And there very little better than OSU v. Michigan - however this one is as big as it gets!

Either team, win or lose - I hope it is a good game (meaning close). I would hate to see either side blow it wide open - bad for the big 10.

After all the SEC smack talk and then the major upsets (and near upsets) this past weekend with Several of the Top Ranked BCS teams. There is very little doubt that OSU and Mich are the two top teams in the BCS/country right now.

Could be one that many generations from now talk about - I for one hope it lives up to the greatness it could be!

Rich

4. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    anybody going?? tickets are CRAZY online right now.

5. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    I think they should postpone this game and have it in glendale and call it what it is.

Go Blue.

6. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I have never seen a game in the Horse Shoe. I would like to go there someday.

I am hoping this game will be on ESPN Classic next week. I just want a game that fans will remember forever.

7. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    My friend has 2 ticks (he's a student) and invited me, but I'm watching it at home instead. I hope OSU wins, and I think they will.....Troy Smith is amazing and Tressell is a great man and a great coach. All of OSU's games have been BLOWOUTS recently, so I do hope for a nail biter with OSU finishing on top.

8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I hope Michigan wins (being a hurricane fan and alum the Fiesta still bothers me). Hopefully it will be a great game, like last years national championship. There have been several great games this year, I think this can be another one. The numbers say OSU, but in a big game you never know. It would be good to see an SEC team play the winner in the Glendale game and see if all this SEC talk has merit. Good luck to both teams!
    BT

9. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    It is predicted to be the most-watched college football game in history.

BCS is such a joke. If the game is within 5 points at the end, they're still the #1 and #2 teams in the country. USC, pah!

10. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    If the game is close there could be a chance they remain #1 and 2. I think that is bogus. I thought the same when FSU stayed inthe top two and got to play for the NC several years ago. Every other time a team loses they drop a minimum of 5 spots in the polls. Why should this be any different? USC #3, I disagree. I would think UF , Louisville, or even Rutgers would give USC a loss. TheUSC people will say they beat Arkansas so they should be ranked 3, but that was not with the Arkansas team you see playing today. Go Blue (is that the favorabel Michigan term still)?
    BT

11. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    OSU: 21 UM: 20

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    To post my guess at the final score....
    Michigan 21
    OSU 17
    :)
    BT

13. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Buckeyes by 6!

14. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I am a USC fan and agree the BCS is a joke. Would also have to say that the spread should be far more than 5 to change the #3 ranking. This year at this point I am surprised USC is #3. But then we are talking about the BCS, who knows what those idiots will do.

15. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    Buckeyes by 13.

16. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    As hard as it is to say, I will be rooting for Michigan. I think they have a chance. Troy Smith's stats aren't that impressive, he's just a flashy player.

17. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Smith has burned Michigan the last couple of years. Smith hasn't done much running this year but he will against Michigan. If Smith plays mistake free I think it will be near impossible for Michigan to win.

18. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    OSU big!!

Teddy Ginn Jr. is really fun to watch...should be a good time!!

19. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    Brian, you are a long way from home in this thread. Welcome to MI.

George

20. MYMC

MYMC Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2006
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What is this "Michigan" of which you speak?

OSU by 12.

Kevin you will have some sort of coverage at Ballantine...right? (if your reading this)

21. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    From a whole family of Big Ten grads and a Michigander myself, I think this will be a great game.
    OSU 24
    Michigan 17

And I predict that if USC beats Notre Dame, they will play the winner in the BCS title game.

22. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    There's a bar band on the OSU campus called the "Dead Schembechlers".

23. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Bo Schembechler died today. It is a sad day for Michigan fans for sure. He was a great coach that had a lot of character. He will be missed and never can be replaced.

24. Dadspeed

Dadspeed Karting

May 3, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    although I go to IU and am fairly impartial, I want to see Michigan win, because I hate Greg Oden and he has something to do with OSU

21-17 Michigan

25. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Ditto. I hope that OSU band has the class to change their name, but I doubt they will.