Stock Z06 dips into the tens in the QT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Stock Z06 dips into the tens in the QT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by alanhenson, Nov 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Guess you didn't read my post....

2. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    In 1968 Ronnie Sox of Sox and Martin ran a hemi that turned 11's and he was a king of 4-speed shifting and a multiple time national champion. After just a couple of runs he was in the 10's in a factory backed full race model. I was racing myself back then and have knowledge as to what those cars were really like. The excerpt above is very accurate in describing why one of these car is not suitable for the street. I do not believe a real stock car will do in the 10's. I ran an altered roadster that had a big block Chevy that dynoed 650 hp that ran 8.96 best at 168 mph. And it weighed under 2000 lbs and was a pure built drag race car. Sorry..........

3. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    A stock busa would distory the new C6 Z06, but i don't want to get into that.

However a modified C6 Z06 vs a stock busa, yeah it would be like one of them nasty modified Supra's or Vipers taking on a group of bikes and winning.

A modified busa vs a modified C6 Z06, thats just sick, I know the busa would win.

4. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    The Hayabusa is almost unbeatable in a straight line and the only street legal cars off the showroom floors that will beat it that i can think of is the Mclaren F1, CCR or the Veyron and even then I still believe that the bike would win.

At the track, I think that any good enough street car could take a bike like the Z06.

5. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    He's always run above 127. I think his car is just strong. He runs in MD though. He has good air and great atmoshperic conditions as well as being at or below sea level. All that makes a big difference in hp. I've seen a few other guys run 129 as well. Not many but a few. He has it down to a science though. He cools his car to the exact temperature where it has the most power. He has a laptop hooked up to it to download runs afteward so he can asses shift points in relation to section times(330/660/1000). He know how long it took him ot shift in gear and whether or not the track will tolerate speed shifting. He gets pretty detailed. I guess that's why he holds the records for both Zs.

6. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    The Veryon is the only car that ill outrun a Hyabusa in short distances. But when drag takes over the cars start to catch up. For comparison sake I took my Z06 out to run the standing mile at a land speed event and the stock Hyabusa's were only running about 5mph faster than I was.

7. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I doubt it, the Veyron is faster than most sportbikes but when its something powerfull like the ZX-14 or the GSX-R1300 i doubt the Veyron could take them. Probably 0-200mph the bike wins hands down anyfaster and the bike loses.

It take's 1100hp Supra or Viper just to barely beat a stock busa or ninja, where talking cars capable of a high to mid 9 second pass. From a standstill those bikes accellrate like monsters almost like a fighter jet. So i could just imagine how a veyron would stach up against them.

8. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I think they did a test recently in Europe of 0-100-0. They did a bunch of cars and like an 1100cc bike(can't remember which one). The Veyron was .5 seconds faster than the bike. 9.1 if I recall. Fast none the less.

9. RarriDreamer

RarriDreamer Karting

Nov 6, 2006
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Rob
    There are a few videos out there of Supra's beating Turbo Busa's. As far as the Z06 that car is incredible machine and Ranger is a great driver. And the Hemi Dart, its a S/S car 10's was possible.

10. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    That is so badass.

11. Paul Vincent

Paul Vincent Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2004
    The Texas Mile has certified: Scott Guthrie – MPSBF1650 - Suzuki 1300R Hayabusa
    251.147 MPH, Achieved July-Aug 2004.
    Can the Veyron?

12. ls1less

ls1less Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    temple,texas
    Full Name:
    Trey
    link? i kinda find it hard to believe that it couldn't take turbos's even though the "blue devil" is comming with a supercharger..

13. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Everything will take nitrous if done properly.

14. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells

HA! Thanks for my daily laugh. 10's on Bias plys lmao

15. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    I'm not sure about the Barracuda, but the '68 Hemi Dart weighed approximately the same as the new Z06.

16. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    That's a highly modified bike though. I did the Texas Mile just recentlyand the stock Hayabusas were running about 190. A turbo one did 230.

17. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The Z06 will take nitrious fine. The reason why this false notion has been going around is because some guy decided to slap a 150 shot on his brand new Z06 without tuning it for it and melted some plugs. I know of a guy right now running a 100 shot dry who is running 9.8's @ 140mph on his Z. As far as turbos/forced induction goes.. well yes the high compression will kill much of any potential there, as most highly tuned N/A factory cars (ferraris, M3's, etc.) they have high compression. BUT on the other hand, they still have tons of potential left just in the motor. LG offers a heads/cam package that made 620RWHP on the dyno, all N/A! Basic bolt-ons/tune make ~500RWHP, a cam makes 550.

That is a highly modified turbo busa. No stock bikes are trapping anywhere near there. In fact I've never seen one break 200mph in the mile stock, I'd say most busas are in the high 180's to 190's. Turbo vipers and supras are usually surpassing them at a good margin by this point. From a stop to lower speeds its a different story though. (atleast on the street)

18. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Im well aware of what LSx engines can do. Do you have a link to this LG package? I know Katech has a Z06 with some of there lemans parts thats suppose to be a monster on a road course.

The thing with the bikes is from a dig they dont have alot of drag thats why most bike races occur from a 40 punch. Im not possetive about this but I heard the busas run about 170ish in the mile. 1300cc can only get you so far though.

19. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    100 dry shot is not a shot of gas. lol. J/K . Put a real shot on it....250-300, that's a shot of Nitrous. The Z will come apart before your eyes. Not flaming.....but the Z DOES NOT take Nitrous well...unless it is an extremely small dose, by American musclecar standards. 100...yes. 200...no. Why mess with Nitrous for a 100 shot. I think that is what Nate was saying. Of course almost ANY car will take a small shot ok. I have a 100 shot on my Jeep. The Z has many other options for performance enhancements, as you have stated, but Nitrous should be at the bottom of the list.

20. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Hell civics will take a 100 shot now a days.My god AJ do you have nitrous on everything? lol It seems like everything you own has nitrous. What would you suggest a dry or wet kit. I really want a 150 shot for the toy Im saving up for. Also for learning how nitrous hits would you suggest moving up in jets say 75-100 then go to the 150?

Thanks,
    Nate

21. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Hey Nate. I prefer a wet system. You can run dry shots on many cars up to a point...but you have to really monitor the A/F carefully, to make sure the stock fuel system can safely handle the load.

Yes...move up in small intervals. 25 shot increments to 100...then 50 shot loads after that. That is what I have always done....even today.

Zex systems have the best Dry shot system out there, if you opt to go that way.

ZEX™ Dry Nitrous Oxide Kit

Dry nitrous oxide systems provide fuel enrichment by increasing the fuel pressure to the fuel injectors as the nitrous system activates.

ZEX™ has designed the ultimate "Smart" Nitrous Oxide System. The ZEX™ "Dry" Nitrous System, using ZEX™'s patented fuel control technology, reads the nitrous bottle pressure and adjusts the fuel enrichment accordingly. If it is a cool day out and the nitrous bottle pressure is around 700 psi range, the nitrous system will add less enrichment than if it is a warm day and the nitrous bottle is at 950 psi. This unique feature ensures that you always have the optimum ratio of nitrous oxide and fuel, never too rich, never too lean. This ensures maximum power and safety at all bottle pressures. Once armed, the kit is activated at wide-open throttle by a programmable electronic sensor that "learns" the voltage curve of your TPS sensor. This design ensures your nitrous oxide is engaged at the perfect throttle point every time. The design of ZEX™ "Dry" Nitrous System makes it the simplest, safest, and easiest to install nitrous oxide kit on the market

22. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Hey AJ,
    What would you suggest for kinda a budget build for a 17 year old. I was thinking a LS1 Trans Am with the T-56 to spray for cheap horse. Since they can handle a 200 shot with not a big problem. I’m thinking an aggressive cam, long tubes, exhaust, and a 150 shot for kinda a budget build. And how the hell is your FGT, How does it feel when you spray it?

Thanks again,
    Nate

23. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Nate, if your doing a budget build, a ls1 camaro or 5.0 mustang is going to be hard to beat. TONS of parts( new and used) available. Hell if you look, you can find complete cars for half the price of the parts it took to build it.

Darrell.