MotoGP Valenciano | FerrariChat

MotoGP Valenciano

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by kizdan, Oct 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    What do you guys think...............does Hayden have a chance?

2. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    1 Hayden
    2 anyone ... preferably Nicky's "teammate"
    3 Rossi

that podium would clinch the title for the Kentucky Kid

3. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Unless someone at Honda knocks Rossi down, or his bike breaks, he's got the title. Hayden, in a straight up race won't win this title. Too bad, because I'd like to see an American win, but Rossi is the best of this generation of riders, and probably the best that has ever been. He was 3rd last year, on a bike that was clearly inferior to the Honda A bikes. This year, when the Yamaha is running, it isn't as down on power, so they won't have as large an advantage. I was in Robert's pits in Valencia last year, and got to watch the segment split times, and every time the corners came up, Rossi got back what he'd lost on the straight away.

Art

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003

Nicky's "teammate"? After last race, he should have been booted off the team.

I wouldn't mind if Nicky won it all, but with Rossi in the field, I would say that is rather unlikely, unless Rossi's bike breaks. I can't wait............it'll be a lot of fun to watch.

5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Assuming nothing crazy happens to Rossi, he will win. There is no way Nicky stays in front of him without some sort of outside influence, especially with the title on the line.

6. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sounds like we all know the same thing. Nicky's a long shot against the best,(IMHO), there ever was. Go Nicky!

7. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    Rossi will win, and I hope he does!

8. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    I'd love to see Hayden take it, but he'd need to have the ride of his life and rossi would need something to go wrong. Dont know if thats going to happen. Rossi so rarely makes any mistakes, much less ones that would give away a race... The Yammy could break, its happened before...

we'll see.

Should be exciting either way.

9. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I would like to see Rossi win and move to Ducati next year.

2007 : Italian Construcors and Riders champions!!!!!

Forza

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The first few laps, indeed the first corner, could decide that. Whoever wants the title has got to be at the front quickly.

Outside influence? Apart from 'help' from Pedarosa, don't forget that it's the last GP, and some riders are still looking for rides for next season, and may want to shine.

11. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    not gunna happen, he signed on for two more years with Yammy.

12. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    If you read Dani's interview on MOTOGP.COM you'll see that he made a comment about helping his team win the rider's championship at Valencia. If I was Rossi, I'd make sure Colin makes sure that he doesn't get close to Rossi.

Art

13. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Rossi rarely makes mistakes? Their just hard to see because he drives out of them like God on a motorcycle. Go Nicky!

14. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Rossi & the Ducatis on the front row, with Hayden and Dani on the second row. Rossi has .4 seconds on the Hondas. Done deal, unless the Yamaha breaks.

Art

15. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Rossi is gonna be hard to beat from the pole. Especially with two Ducs between them. Hayden isn't exactly known for great starts either and we all know that if Rossi gets a bad start he has the talent to pull it out for the win. Hell, all Vale's got to do is keep Nicky behind him, and as much as I'll be cheering for Nicky I know that's not gonna be too hard for Vale. I just want to see a good battle, but my money's on Rossi for another championship.

16. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    If only ducatis didn't suck at racing!

17. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    How many world superbike championships?? How many BOTT championships (2 of them are mine)? Have you looked at the trap speeds at Valencia? Seems the Ducatis are about 5, 6 miles per hour faster than the Hondas and Yamaha, and about 10 mph faster than the Suzukis and Kawasakis.

Rossi isn't going to ride for Ducati because they can't afford him, and that's the only reason. His base at Yamaha is 12M, I've been told, with total earnings about 35M per year.

I suspect you'll see Caparossi win this one with Rossi finishing right behind him or Hayden, with Rossi taking the championship.

Art

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ducati sucks at racing! Are you serious?

They only entered MotoGP a few years ago and already have a few wins. And I suspect that they don't have the same budget as the japanese teams.

That they are inconsistent, that's true, and also that the factory bikes are way faster than the d'Antin ones.

In a couple of years, they could be challenging for the WC.

19. Paul Vincent

Paul Vincent Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2004
    I have to wonder just what Bayliss could have done for Ducati in MotoGP the last two seasons. What a competitor!

20. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    I'm going to guess maybe you were just kidding. In which case, haha good one.

21. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    well..hayden did in a safe way, cruising to the championship in third.
    uncharactersistic of rossi to fall by himself while not under pressure. I think he is happy for hayden though. there has never been bad blood between them.

22. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    probably as much as capirossi. bayliss had 3 yeard in motogp. he is a great rider but he has had his chance.

23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Valencia results:

DUCATI 1-2.

Ducati really sucks!!

24. atcmonke

atcmonke Rookie

Sep 26, 2006
    Rancho Cucamonga
    how are some of you able to watch this ON TIME rather then
    later like me who have the Speed Channel.

25. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    A scenario you didn't account for makes Hayen the champ.

Well deserved I'd say - congrats to Nicky Hayden!! :cool:

>8^)
    ER