Boxer vs Countach. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Boxer vs Countach.

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Fan512bbi, Oct 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TiAmoVeloce

TiAmoVeloce Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    So. California
    Yes, hex nuts. That is how it came when I bought it.

2. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    That blue Boxer is sweet!

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Great pics. Perfect color on the boxer! :)

4. TiAmoVeloce

TiAmoVeloce Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    So. California

I see you made it home safe. Did you have a nice drive??

Ralph

5. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    I have never considered a Daytona over a Boxer, Daytonas are a bit plain to me in appearance. Even the public was dissappointed in Ferraris answer to the Miura the Daytona when it came out, the Boxer was made to compete with the Lambos in looks and performance. Dinos and 308s are cute and peppy but Boxers are radical and powerful a serious car and more beautiful IMO.

6. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    If you actually want to drive your car, the Boxer is the better choice. The Daytonas I have driven have very stiff steering at lower speeds and are not nearly as well balanced as the Boxers.

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I did! Thanks so much... The car sounds so quiet now with the stock exhaust on...

Let me know how to get new seals for the jack - I feel bad about that!

Hope your work went well also.

Thanks again!!!

8. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    well everything could be,
    but a countach at 29k is strange, must be a very bad car or a very good bargain

once in a while you could find someone selling that has no idea what those cars goes for today, but you have to be veeeery lucky (someone has bought a very good white miura P400 for less than 120.000 euro some weecks ago: very lucky guy to me)

9. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    #59 Fan512bbi, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Pay Sarti no mind my friend, he thinks the boxer is the only appreciating exotic out there. His values are pure fantasy.

11. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    ...thats because they are after thoughts. The original LP400 shows its original form (as im sure you know) and the need for wider tires brough on the 4X4 mud flares. The wing is a little gay as well. I love the car before it sprouted all those wings and things. As for the boxer JAYF, sarti is right, lol :)

12. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    'Ol Blue Eyes himself owned just one Lamborghini: Miura P400S chassis number 4407.
    When he purchased the car, he was already established as an award-winning singer and actor, one of the greatest entertainers of the last century. His face was on the cover of TIME magazine in the '60s - TWICE.
    When he arrived at Sant Agata to personally order his Miura in the summer of 1969, the plant shut down to visitors and the workers were instructed not to take pictures or approach him directly. He ordered the car with the same orange shag-pile carpeting as he had in his pivate jet which flew him to Italy.
    When the car was ready, completed to a one-off specification, it was delivered to one of his homes on Lake Como, before being flown in to New York.
    Whereas most Miuras are listed on the factory's own production register as being supplied to whatever dealer, '4407' was simply listed as "SINATRA".
    Make no mistake, this Miura-lover was....somebody.

Joe
    www.lamborghiniregistry.com

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    More than most machines we love, the Lamborghini Countach LP400 is really like a racecar. It is essential to carefully dial in the suspension and the engine and all its running components.
    So, an owner commenting on an LP400 running poorly or slowly is evaluating just that one specific car. I have driven 7 LP400, and owned 2 (still have one) and I will tell you that whilst most LPs out there in fact DO run poorly (including and especially the trailer queens), some of them are well-fettled, and if they are, they are a rocketship on the road. A well-tuned one is a pure blast and a real kick-in-the-pants to drive.
    As someone once suggested. a poorly-tuned one with a horrible 'flat-spot' can be beaten off the lights by a SBOB (Strong Boy On Bicycle)!!

Joe

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Boxers with history are approaching $200K??? Well perhaps if they have a history of solid gold bars in the glovebox......
    As for Countachs in the $50-60k price range, I hereby retain your services to secure any such car with immediate effect. Clients waiting with cash....;-)

Joe

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #65 joe sackey, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is an appreciating exotic......I think.

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Very very nice. I am not a Lambo fan BUT that is one beautiful car and yes that car is an appreciating exotic.

17. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    keep telling yourself that, thay can be had all day long for those prices
    and yes they are slow even in their day from old car mag articles compared to a Boxer

18. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    why are you even in this thread thought you didn't like Boxers?

19. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    that pic is amazing.

20. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    I agree with you that it is reason enough to go by his shop. And yes, it does suck you in once you start thinking about buying one. So, i bought it and am looking forward to driving it after sorting out a few minor issues. I think if you can find a good one, then just go for it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

21. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I got sucked in by a boxer faster than a black hole. I got the idea one weekend to investigate the possibility, saw a local one the next week with the intention of not buying it under any circumstances and bought it anyway right then and there after a ride. Never has a car had an effect on me like that nor has one continued to hold my interest at that same level a year and a half later. The car still takes my breath away every time I look at it.

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    A Boxer "approaching $200k" as you say....

Countachs at "$50-60k price range" as you say....

"they can be had all day long at those prices"....

Well, SHOW US some actual examples that are available all day long at those prices.....??? ;-) If your not able to come up with some specific cars currently available at those numbers you quote, I say.....well, lets just say Im with JAYF. he says...."PURE FANTASY" That'll do. :)

Joe

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey

Did some checking of the Boxer and Countach market currently and it seems a few Boxers have changed hands in the $70-$80k range (specific example the Bobileff black car) and at least one Countach LP400 (Im assuming this thread is focused on the early "Periscopa" variant) sold for $225k...granted those are worth MUCH more than later Countachs though.
    Id pay $200k for a Boxer as Sarti advises they are worth...providing the selling owner leaves a check on the passenger seat made out to me for in excess of $100k. ;-)
    Nevertheless, theyre both icons from their period.

Joe

24. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    JAYF has hard on for me since I dissed his $30k TR, his opinion is worthless

I am not going to do your ground work look for yourself I have seen several in the past year for these prices, concerning the $29k car a local shop the owner is buying it from the original owner, don't want to give out his name as I am sure you'll bug him.

Just remember while the CT may want to be a race car the Boxer was a race car and has actual race history at LeMans and other races in the Sports Car Championship race series

25. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    gee what happened here Mr self appointed expert and its a BBi that sold for $150k, early 365BBs are selling higher than that

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117489