NEXT$$$$$$$JUMP | Page 9 | FerrariChat

NEXT$$$$$$$JUMP

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by msdesignltd, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    550 or better yet 599 for me...the 599 is the best looking modern Ferrari IMHO...

2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

I think the 599 comes from the TR scho0l of design, but then I speak from ignorance not having seen one in the flesh. A 599 is also a 250k car, whereas a 550 is now around 100k.

Maybe the question should be what 80-120k fcar would you buy to substitute for a bb.

3. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I am just having fun, hope you all are too, in the scale of things none of this is really serious.

5. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Nice change of subject,
    Im not sure what I would go for. Ive thought of the possibility of the prices going through the roof in the future and the temptation to bail but what would I get in its place that gives me the rush and exclusivity of owning a boxer? Nothing late model does it for me, a 250TDF is a tad out of my blue collar price range, perhaps a 250 Lusso provided they're not an even bigger jump than they alreay are now. Problem is I would get the sound but not the performance from the older front engined cars (that I might be able to afford). Maybe I would sell the boxer and (gasp!) not own a ferrari for a while and try something else. Ask me in ten years.

6. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    Very well put AnthonyC. I have been a member of this forum for some time now but have declined to post any thoughts as I have learned so much by just reading all the info and opinions. I just bought a '77 carbed Boxer and have little time behind the wheel because it is still having some last minor issues sorted out before I take it home. It has been an honor and a privilege for me to be a Ferrari owner for the second time ( '86 328 GTS prior) and to now own what is considered to be a great, classic car with a good potential for appreciation. It's interesting to hear such strong opinions on which car is better for which reason and why from the various owners. It think all Ferraris are awesome in their own way and are unique for different reasons whether those reasons are perceived as good or bad from an historical or from an owner's point of view. It is these different model characteristics that make Ferraris so much more passionate to own that any other car. Also, many Ferrari models can trace some styling cues from others, so there will always be some design from one model that will be found on another. I guess my point is that we are all intellegent, successful and passionate people that belong to a special group called "Ferrari Owners" no matter what year our cars were made, what engine size it has or how much it is worth. I am very proud and honored to be in such a group regardless of the model I own. If I ever see any of you guys at any meet I may attend (I live in Southern California) I will certainly show you respect and pay your car a fine compliment because after all, it is a Ferrari!

7. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Options, if you could sell a boxer for 150k then maybe a 997gt3 for track fun and a 308gt4 for the street.

I have an old Lambo I am selling for around 100k, was thinking of a piche gt3 to keep the boxer company. If I sold both cars and had say 250k what is out there? a 430 is unobtanium and not really a track car and too much for the street besides posing. And 250k doesnt get me into a 288gto. Maybe its best to spend 50k on an elise for track fun and "invest the other 50 towards a gto. But a spare 50 doesnt ever hang around long.
    Or sell the boxer and lambo and finance the difference to t 288, but that seems nuts.

Probably go for the porche keep the boxer and just try to work harder towards a 288. In the end the only way I could see parting with the boxer is if it were standing between e and a 288

8. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    Ferraripete, you couldn't have summed up my reasons for choosing a Boxer any better! Those are precisely the reasons why I did. I test drove a 550 to compare for possible purchase and it was an extremely awesome car, but it was so refined that it didn't give me that raw, viscera, muscle car feel I was looking for. I too am selling a Lambo to help pay for my new car and I look forward to that feeling I had when i bought my first Ferrari. I can still picture driving it home, smelling the leather, listening to the engine and the sound of the shift lever clicking through the gate. No car has ever given me that feeling since. So I really look forward to the Boxer and all its great points, bad points, ideosyncracies and flaws.

9. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Thats were you are wrong again, actually the Boxer being hand made has much tighter gaps and tolerences than the TR, the orange turn signal lenses fit so tight you have no gaps at all in the body to them, the same with the rear deck vents and rear hood release latch on it, get the release dirty in the gaps it won't open tolerences are that tight being handfitted by craftsmen as with the rest of the car, this as with anything such as guns or hand made metal art or wood is what people will pay more for made by experts vs mass produced junk in China, want consistency with a car buy a Honda.

Lets not get to personal insults either I have let a few of your comments go and I am holding back trying to be civil to you unlike you are to me by bringing Darwin crap and other BS into this.

10. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

no worries jeff...you are way above this.

except of course...when you you are driving that boxer.

as low slung as she is...you are way below it!!!

11. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Why cant you just control yourself and admit that both cars have their positives and negatives and leave it at that. You started this whole war and are now trying to claim you have been controlling youself-c'mon. stop already. Show some respect to non boxer owners and stop insisting on your silly notions that one is better than another. I dont want to speak for Anthony C, but you have clearly frustrated both of us with your negative, non-factual TR comments. I am sorry you dont think the TR is ever going to be worth something more than it is now, but as I said before time is going to prove you wrong. Try to accept this and move on. Enjoy your car for what it is and let us enjoy ours for what it is.

12. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Good point, I agree but unfortunately newman had to resort to profanity and name calling-oh well.

13. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    So the hood won't open if the release is dirty......you call that quality and I call it a malfunction or a design flaw. It is a car, not a vase. I think it is reasonable to say that if you drive the car then it will get dirty and according to you, it will then have a malfunctioning rear hood sooner or later. Look, what is happening here is a simple differences of opinions, repect each other's opinion without unnecessary put downs of other's opinion or property would have kept this thread from going way OT, it is that simple.

And am I suppose to tremble with fear from your threat?! Are you planning on typing real LOUD to scare me or do you plan on punching me through the monitor? Grow up, will you? Look before you start to cast any stones within the glass house, because you are far from being civil and insult free with your previous posts. You can save your high and mighty attitude for someone else, I have no need for it.

You love the Boxer and I prefer the Testarossa, so we are not on the same wave length on this, big freaking deal !! One other thing, what is wrong with Hondas, are they not good enough for you now too?

14. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    I own a Honda Legend, its a nice ol bus :)
    Steve

15. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Well stated, maybe this time he will get the point (unlikely though)

16. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I doubt he will type louder to scare you and i dont think J P is the type to hunt you down but its happened here before on f-chat (as well as other sites) where peoples lives were actually in jeopardy as a result of things they said (being tracked down and the door bell rang) rather than just shutting up and dropping it. Ive been a good boy in an attempt to let it go but you and JAYF (who are admittedly frustrated with us) seem to want it to continue. Why is that? What point are you both trying to make? I can only wonder what sort of behind-the-scenes communication is going on between both of you plotting your next wave of b.s.

17. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    Welcome to the group, and congratulations on your new car!
    Sadly the announcement of your new car seems to have been overlooked in this argument of who has a bigger crack, but none the less, it’s great to have another Boxer on the forum!
    When you get your new baby home, take some pictures of it, then open a new thread and post the pics and vin number so we can all admire your new ride!
    Enjoy your ride when you finally drive her home!
    John

18. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    I second that, congrats on the car, you will love it, I too have a 78 carb BB, my second Boxer bought because I regretted selling my first so much.
    Steve

19. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Yes, I apologize for overlooking it myself, prior to buying my boxer I didnt really know what I was getting into. Its simply an amazing car to own. Please post some pics.

P.

20. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    Thank you guys for you warm welcome and kind words. I look forward to conversing on the site and even possibly meeting up at a car event or two. Boxers are great just as any other Ferrari in my book. I'll certainly keep you all posted and will send pics when I get it home. Incidentally, the car is a black, '77 512 BB SN 19865 bought from Bobileff Motorcars in San Diego last weekend where my Lambo is also being sold. Gary informed me of all the maintenance issues, fixes from the previous owner including interior and exterior color changes and all the work that has been done on it including what I'm having done before bringing it home. I would be curious to know it's history if anyone has that info. I'll keep everyone posted.

21. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    But the 599 will also be a $100k car in 4 or 5 years...

22. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

You need help, seems to want to continue this, I could give a rats azz what you think about me or my cars.

Did I say I want to kick your ass over the phone line?

I know these cars well and haven't even touched the surface on how much I can bash a TR in more ways than one as just a car let alone it ever being worth something, you would be easy as well I have not gotten personal.

23. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    More like major inferiority complex due to the fact Boxers are more desireable.

They should put their money where their mouth is and buy up all the ratty $30k TRs they can find as they will be worth so much in the future.

24. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Correct, stockpile 10 of them for 20 years and see what the return in, lol.

25. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Moderator...Please close this Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is a modern day west side story.
    The Sharks ( TRS ) vs. The Jets ( BBis )....