NEXT$$$$$$$JUMP | Page 8 | FerrariChat

NEXT$$$$$$$JUMP

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by msdesignltd, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Once again you are wrong and prove yourself to be a hostile boxer snob. I believe if I look back to the beginning of this thread , this whole thing stemmed from your arrogance and Sarti's ignorance.

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

how can you call sarti ignorant...did you see the movie? the guy won a ton of gp's...he was a factory ferrari ace. jeeeezzzz!!

3. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    LOL

You know what JAYF Im not trying to convince you that a TR sucks, I like them too. You were the first to get hyper on another member for his opinion. You were in the wrong with your approach, stop being a dink and the mud slinging will stop too.

4. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I wouldn't worry about the few extremly opininated posters on this thread, they are as harmless as *****cats. It has been known that some of them will only admire each other's boxers in their secret little BB cove at any Ferrari GTG in order to exchange their secret Boxer owner handshake. This behavior can be easily explained as the BB community is much smaller than the other modern day classic Ferrari communities (Please note the word "Classic", not vintage, as the vintage Ferraris are an entirely different story here).

I am sure not all Boxer owners walks/drives (That is if they can get their cars to start and run properly or to not overheat during summer in traffic) around with an inferiority complex and the sever need for ownership approval/re-assurance. In fact, I know of at least two wonderful people that are Boxer owners within my local Ferrari club. Neither one of them have the need to alienate themselve from other Ferrari series and nor do they suffer from this constant denial of the similarities between the 308/328 series and the BB series (It is not like the 308/328 series are made of crap or as ugly as hell in their design. IMO, they are among the most beautiful automotive designs ever created, and yet, some BB owners feel the need to go out of their ways to separate/distant from them and even to put them down for whatever reason).

I think that most of us lowly, mass-production Ferrari owners agree and understand that just because a car is hand-made does not make it a superior product nor makes it more of a collectable. Heck, my Uncle Joe can hand stamp a piece of sheet metal as well any your Aunt June, but that doesn't mean he can put together a car better than a machine. The comparison made earlier between the 250 GTO and the BB is, well....let's just say entertaining at best in order to be polite.

Anyway, in conclusion, as anyone that follows this thread can see, there is at least one Boxer owner here with utterly unmatched class and impeccable public mannerism. Apparently, Darwin was wrong as you can obviously see that not all of us has evolved accordingly. *L*

5. ferraripete

well, i like them all. i saw a black tr in the wild yesterday and it looked very, very cool. we are all flat 12 (180 degree v) fans i hope!!!!

6. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Who are you referring to? I would think there is more than one who qualifies!
    Steve

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Both would stand out on my street, as the Hari Krishnas are still using ox carts............;)

Pulled by the wives..............

8. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Whats with the name calling. Why have you resorted so low. I only responded to a thread that stated Testarossa's would "never" appreciate and some of the good ol boxer owners proceeded to tear me apart including you with your profanity. Grow up and start to take your own advice, and yes then the mud slinging will stop.

9. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    You are the one being hostile in this thread which started this issue which you don't seem to comprehend or maybe you always are that way in real life with a big chip on your shoulder so you don't realize how you act and their you go again, I posted my opinion why a TR will never be worth much and you call it being ignorant the same with someone that doesn't see it your way they are a fool, you comments say it all.

10. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Funny, you just described yourself quite well.
    Comprehension is your biggest problem, you have taken everything I have said out of context. My comments do say it all if you cared to "comprehend" them and read them properly. Its best if you stay in your little boxer cocoon and think whatever you want and let the reality of the future car market prove you incorrect. Unfortunately, it is you that cant handle an opposing point of view.

11. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Wow, 4 paragraphs, you must be pi$$ed, LMAO :)

12. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    I tried to read that post but skipped it, I think you need to be as high as the poster was to understand it, bunch of jibberish with a few insults thrown in I believe :)

13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I'm hurt...I've been a Boxer owner for almost 4 years now and no one has taught me the secret handshake yet...LoL...FYI, the Boxer came first...so if the 308/328 looks similar it is because the 308 designers copied the Boxer design, not vice versa...and Boxers were in fact the last 'hand made' Ferrari ...all Ferraris after that used mass production methods rather than being hand hammered on a wooden buck like the Boxer... while being hand made does not make a Boxer 'superior' in the traditional meaning of the word, it does make them unique as no two Boxers are the same due to the inconsistencies that result from being hand made...that does make them more collectable...and while the Boxer and 250 are not similar as in types of cars, they are in fact similar in the way they were constructed by hand by metal working artist rather than production line workers like all post Boxer serial production road cars...

14. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    Well said, Frank.

15. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Hey I would rather have either than no ferrari. For my first f-carwent looking for a 308qv bought my boxer because while a 308 looked great imo it did not go, have never looked back. A boxer has beauty and looks like a 308, a tr is like a 348, not exactly a high water mark in f-car styling. I agree a tr does look best in black, kinda mean.

Now if we had a 512m motor in a bbi body with f50 brakes, modern springs and shocks, with seats that have bolsters then that would be the ultimate flat12 f car. In reality each of the flat 12's has positives and drawbacks.
    However since neither a boxer nor a testarossa (I am excluding the M) has
    hard performance by todays standards the balance of value is probably based on rarity, looks(beauty) and driving experience. Boxer is to me the ultimate weekend blaster, not good for much else. The moderns have too much go to enjoyably exploit on the road, TRs still a great commuter car though, and alluring weekend toy, just too in your face and fat for me.

That all being said, maybee the power of a 512tr would get me, but I have not found a testarossa to be quicker than a well tuned boxer. The problem with the boxer is it takes specilist knowledge to get running right and most dont.

16. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Okay, who did you get to highlight those insults out for you? we all know that you can't read. Don't be shy, you can tell us.

4 paragraphs is nothing, but I guess it is hard for someone like to you to understand, not all of us need a hour and a half to come up with one single sentence like you do. :)

Finally, someone from the Boxer crowd that is intellegent enough to reason with here.

It is true that the BBs pioneered the design that the 308/328 copied, is it really so bad that they did? Why does a Boxer owner feel the need to go to such length to alienate themselve from them? So they share designing cues, big deal !! They are all beautifully made cars.

While some owners may find something romantic in a hand made vehicle, it is also undeniable that in general, quality of workmanship can vary greatly from one to another as a direct result of it, not to mention repairs are a complete pain when it comes to a hand made vehicle if it is ever needed. Anyway, i think most people familiar with Ferraris would agree that as far as quality control goes, Testarossas are put together much better than the Boxers. Just like how today's Ferraris are put together better than the cars before them. Not that they are better Ferraris, just put together better.

IMO, the 250 GTO is special in its own way as the BBs are special in their own, but to draw parallels between the two based on the fact that they are both hand made is pushing it, that's all.

17. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Actually Boxers are really well put together, with crisp and even shutlines. At least equal to the Tr, mass produced does not necessarily mean well made, ever driven a ford? Purdy shotguns are hand made and mechanical works of art both in form and function. The Boxer interiors are far better than the fiatised testarossa, which has an interior that is inversly interesting to the"exciting" exterior. Not to say one is netter than the other just depends what one is looking for. Some people like lexus, well made quiet marshmellow, others prefer to drive porche, both cost the same. If raw performance was all that counts we would all be driving zo6 vettes. There are so many subltleties involved here. The TR driver does seem defensive though, kinda like some people felt when the pope made a comment.

18. ferraripete

anthony,

you are doing far too much name calling and egging on the situation to expect cordial and reasonable responses. just let it go and we can all get back to enjoying our 12 cyls.

one thing i would mention in the defense of many of the bb folks that may better define the buying/research process they embarked on...

1. most love the vintage f-cars but die for the mid engine/italian wedge design that personified the statrt of the supercar term.

2. all love the low production numbers of the vintage cars as we all like some level of exclusivity.

3. all love the fit and finish of a porsche but really love the flaws that only a bespoke car can get away with!

4. all love that the boxer is so impracticle that it is really an occasion car and each time you buckle in...it feels like you are putting on your nomex and going into battle.

5. all love smelling like race fuel or gas when we finish our ride.

6. all of us get weak knees after getting out of a good blast w/ the boxer and the need to smoke a cigarette is there ...even for we non-smokers!

7. all considered getting a testarossa at one point or another.

8. all love the response they get when the casual ferrari lover pulls up to you at the gas station and says, "*****...that's no 308...that's a boxer!! i have never seen one in real life!!!"

9. all are glad to see the boxer finally getting some recognition from the market by virtue of the escalating prices.

10. all are glad and hopeful that the rising tide on the boxer will see to it that it will soon mean that the ratty boxers will seventually be lovingly restored!

11. it is hard for a boxer owner to see a ratty car out there that has been neglected for a well sorted out boxer is something to behold!

12. once a boxer owner, you do actually feel like a proud member of an elite group (don't know why...you just do) and once you get a boxer...you become a boxer owner!

13. last, we all love tr's too but ultimately chose the boxer to get our mid engine 12 cyl fix!

19. ferraripete

ahh...the c6 zo6 . if that car had an f-badge on it...we would all lust for it!

20. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Testa as in Testosterone...

I think that sums up the feeling of TR owners!!!

21. markpeboxer

markpeboxer Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Outstanding response Peter!
    Makes me realize a few things I never thought of.
    My first introduction to F cars was a 360 which I had for about 2 years. I loved the quality, fit and finish, refinement and the bark of the v8.
    In the end I found myself bored with it. I had turned it into a daily driver for awhile - which it was fairly good at - but not like a Porsche.

I sold it thinking I woulod get something vintage and a little more raw. I drove so many cars and in the end the Boxer had the no BS raw badass character I was looking for. I hated however how ratty mine in particular ws, especially after being used to a 360.

While mine will never have that quality level ( I think 360's are significantly better by the way than 355's and even 550's), mine is turning out to be the best of both worlds. I absoutely love it.

Youre right, a properly sorted car is awesome!!

22. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve

23. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Respectfully, IMO, I think it is the other way around.

Please note the reply above, thank you.

They are plenty of us that can affort and had the opportunity to own a Boxer too, but we chose the Testarossa instead. We all have our own reasons to own one over another, nothing more and nothing less.

24. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman

25. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Question, if you sold your boxer for big$$$, or it suddenly became worth so much that you drove it far less, would you go for a 360,550, or 512tr