Testarossa 1984 suspention bushings | FerrariChat

Testarossa 1984 suspention bushings

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by maghriha, Aug 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maghriha

maghriha Rookie

Aug 18, 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Hosam maghribi
    Good day Gentelmen,
    I have Ferrari Testarossa 1984 and i would like to replace all the old bushings on the suspention and other bushings to polyurethane red color bushings.
    Any idea where i can get full set of bushings for my car?
    Any company name or web site that i can reach?
    Please help.
    Regards Bold Eagle

2. Jeff Pintler

Jeff Pintler Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    I got all the bushings from T.Rutlands and I think there is maybe six different ones (some have same od and id but different durometer). I even ordered the ferrari part and they turned out to be the same ones supplied by rutlands. I machined all the various spacers to support the A-arm and press out the old part. You can use a 4-5 ton press from Harbour Freight Tools. Some people have suggested melting out the old bushings but I don't like flames and life saving suspension pieces. You will have to use a pipe clamp to spread some of the bushings(upper rear bushings about 0.2 in) to install them. The original rear shocks are still available but the fronts have to be rebuilt. It is a very involved task and the shock/springs are under alot of compression. To give you an idea of the relative level of difficulty, dropping the motor/trany is easy compared to replacing all the bushings. FWIW.

Jeff Pintler
    89 348tb, 86 TR

3. maghriha

maghriha Rookie

Aug 18, 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Hosam maghribi
    Good day Gef,

You are right regarding replacing those bushings as i am mechanic and i really know how hard this task is.

But really i am looking for this type of bushings (polyurethane red color bushings). Is Rutland having them or you are talking about the stocks ones? as i want to install the aftermarket ones and they are more reliable and look sporty with their Red color look!!

If you know any supplier of those bushings then i think it will be good to start from them.

Regards