Hungary Race **spoiler** | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Hungary Race **spoiler**

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jknight, Aug 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004

Preach on brother. If the big Chin drove for any other team his fan boi's here would hate him. Since he drives for Fiat all the fan boi's fight to get on their knees for him. Yes he has talent , yes when things or taken a bit further when he and the Frenchman use their brains and it goes his way he is a good driver.

But earlier this year a poll was taken of Euro journalists and who they considered among the best drivers , guess what the Big Chin was not mentioned no matter how many records he holds.

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Sorry, but I think you are not reading the report correctly. The article link you provided stated the same thing as I said before, Kubica was DQ'd because his car was 2 KG underweight. Period.

The cause may be the tires, but the tires alone did not get him DQ'd. The car had to be underweight to be DQ'd. That was BMW's excuse for the situation, and probably a true reason. But it could have been something else also, we don't know, it does not matter. There is nothing in the rules that addresses the tread on intermed rain tires in any way. This is semantics, but the correct reason he was DQ'd was that his car was underweight.

3. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    The Brazil race was red-flagged due to heavy rain and Fisi had just put a pass on Kimi before the start finish line, and right after the finish line his Jordan suffered a massive oil pan failure that engulfed the car in flames.

But it does make me wonder whether someone will challenge the 1 point that Spoonface gets since his car did not pass through the post-race scrutineers to verify the race weight, etc., but instead was driven straight into the pits. That will probably raise some sort of FIA clarification on the subject to ensure that a car that has retired does not get points, even if it finished 90% of the laps and finished in the top 8, unless it meets all the same criteria as cars that finish the race running and drive into parc ferme' for post race inspection.

As for that incident with Fisi and the front wing, I think the back end started to slip and he had to correct to catch it, and it put the front wing into Fisi's sidewall. But in regards to MS cutting the chicane and not letting Pedro by, he really should have been penalized for that. Pedro had him fair and square and I think the stewards would have given him a stop and go penalty but he still would have finished in the points.

I think this really hurts MS' chances at the WDC because he lost all the momentum that be had built up over the last few races, and Alonso will rebound despite that freak mechanical failure today. His drive in the rain was phenomenal, especially when he drove around MS on the outside.

And last but by all means not least, Bravo Jenson!

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Boy did you hit the nail on the head.

This is a Ferrari web site, I thought used by Ferrari fans. I am not sure why there are so many negative comments, especially since no one here is actually present at the events in questions. Its all guessing on their part. I too would suggest they go to a different website to voice their dislike for the Ferrari team.

I think the best solution is to simply ignore their posts, do not respond to them. Like the one just below, 32 posts, and suddenly they know everything.

5. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004

I'm pretty sure the Frenchman was on the radio telling him that PDLR was faster in lap times on him. He made a choice to fight him on that corner when he knew it was a matter of time he was going to get passed (because of tire choice) anyway, Carlos Mencia would say the Big Chin had a DEE DEE Dee moment.
    A seven time WC lost the front end (WTF? is he not a "Regen Meister") and tagged another car? I wouldn't expect that from S Speed much less a 7 time WC.

So is this women reasoning, because it is a Ferrari board anything Ferrari is correct any other point of view is wrong. Kinda like a marriage I see? How about support the team when they win fair and square and place the blame on them when they brain fart, or is this too man like in thinking?

One other thing is this woman logic? High post count validating all things Ferrari right or wrong gives you credibility ?

6. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Hey Ron - I think this is the third time (if not more) you've had to explain the situation !! If anyone was listening to Speed guys today they even said there's no tire tread regs for wets or intermediates. This race and thread has brought the trolls out in droves. (I tried to send you a PM but your box is full.)

Carol

7. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    But wasn't that the same race where one of the podium positions was awarded in abcentia with the driver being in the medical van after demolishing his car on-track?

A quick check: yep. And that third for a wrecked car went to .... Alonso. :D (after he hit one of Webber's wheels and smashed open the tire barrier, spewing tires and Renault parts over the track, and bringing about the red flag ... (after Alonso "failed to notice the yellow flag", no less))

So let's hear Renault lead the complaints about a pitted finisher. ;)

8. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Michael didn't DNF - he finished the requsite percentage of the race and with the DQ for Kubica, Massa moved up to 7th place and Michael moved up to 8th place. Eighth place pays 1 point - officially shows his problem as track rod. Even the most official result site (FIA) shows him 8th place, 1 point. Official standings after the race show MS 10 points behind FA and Ferrari 7 points behind Renault. Good new too is that Massa is in 3rd in DC with 52 (GF and KR both have 49).

Forza Schumi

Carol

9. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    Carol knows her sh*t, whether you agree or not. Leave your sexist remarks out of F-chat.

10. allegretto

allegretto Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2006
    Chicago Area
    Full Name:
    Herman
    Sounds like you'll do anything to bash Bush.

Sorry...but one on the great things about GP is that politics have nothing to do with it, at least for most I know.

11. allegretto

allegretto Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2006
    Chicago Area
    Full Name:
    Herman
    I've read your threads, and I am a newbie. But your minimization of MS's abilities makes me wonder...

Did you beat him with your X-BOX edition of GP or something?

Tell me about your personal track experience with vehicles nearly this fast.

Oh, and while you are at it, how about subscribing now after more than 2 yrs?

12. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Actually, I think that this is just one of the pervasive attitudes of the modern world: "Success is suspect". We get that message from the press and especially from film and television plots. Interesting that the "entertainment industry" portrays success as luck or cheating rather than skill, isn't it?

There are too many "background" messages being splattered around: "cars are bad", "competence is elitist", "electric cars are green" (despite lead-acid batteries or the coal fired power plants), the "ozone layer" is "broken" ... and it's "our fault", even "aliens in area 51" -- we get too many messages delivered by sheer repetition, until nobody even asks where they came from.

Orwell was wrong. This is the way to convince people that two plus two equals five.

After all, does anybody bother to check the Congressional Budget Office's math? ;)

(Certainly nobody seems to bother to crunch the numbers on political campaign "proposals".)

But Orwell seems to have hit the mark on the "Five minute hate". We're seeing it here, with Schumi in the role of Emanual Goldstein.

13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Glad I had to go out today. Normally I enjoy balanced discussion of the recently completed F1 weekend, but this seems to be a troll party today. It's not even a case of everything normally being pro-Schumaker or pro-Ferrari, it's just that the debate is normally intelligent. I don't know what was so special about today's race that made the three billy goats gruff the lesser option, but we can all do without the ravenous hatred for one of, if not the, all-time greats in Formula 1. It was an exciting race with a ton of drama. Yet, we're talking about how Schumaker should let everyone pass him for points.

Like him or hate him, he has scoreboard all day, every day.

14. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Well, I am not sure if my post count entitles me to an opinion but here it is anyway.
    Great race, most exciting of the year. Too bad about MS dropping out, for whatever reason.
    He is a great driver with huge talent, is very aggressive and not a particulartly good sportsman, hence his acknowledgement as a big talent, the best of his generation but not often getting the nod to be included with the all time greats who were good AND fair as well. My .2cents worth.
    Nice job for Button, must feel like Steve Young getting that monkey off his back. Nice run for Barrichelo as well, which is good to see.

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Can anyone come up with a reason to why they didnt change MS tires during his 2nd pit stop ? He was in already , it would have cost maybe 1/2 second more if that..

16. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    This was the best post of the entire thread.

Schumi is a fighter, hence the 7 world championships and countless other records. If you want to prescribe to "Christinan driver" school of thought (a la Coulthard), be my guest. We all know how successful hes been...

17. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    I think because it was still too wet for dry tires...

18. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I was wondering the same thing. They could have changed them for wets or intermediates if dry tyres were a problem.

As far as the chicane thing: MS backed off sufficiently to even let Pedro get next to him for the next corner so no advantage. Otherwise there would have been someting mentioned about it (car number so and so under investigation).
    I admit it was close (and futile anyway) but on the right side of the line.

Best, Peter

19. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Thanks Robert your comment is very much appreciated.

Carol

Peter - I wondered too when Speed was the first to change to dry tires and others seemed to follow suit, why Michael didn't also because as I recall he had sufficient time ahead of Pedro do to same. Some of those who did switch to dry had an interesting pit exit!

20. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Finally it looks like the FA retirement was caused bay a badly installed wheel nut in the last tire change.... first mechanical failure in 22 races and it was a human error. :(

Sorry it is in Spanish, I could not find similar news on the English press Who installed that wheel nut?

- Julio.

21. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Some of us have been here a lot longer than others back when there were fewer than 3000 members and on the old format regardless of what we choose to drive. I also watched and and attended in person when alboreto, arnoux and tambay drove for them. So lets leave the seniority or troll crap aside and discuss facts. I don't believe posters have come here to put down ferrari after watching the race. How come so often its the 3x8 owners who get so defensive?

MS does a lot of questionable stuff and is quite seperate from ferrari. Ferrari will still race when ms is retired. MS is dirty, plain and simple, along with being talented. I would like to see how well he would do if he didn't have the best equipment. His career has taken place mainly in an era of dominance by his team. But as for today both wheels turned easily by 1 hand by a mechanic.

22. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Unless they change the story again -- it's a wheel nut/it's a driveshaft/it's a wheel nut: sounds like the debate over ketchup. :)

Bzzt. Thank you for playing. Bye bye. ;)
    (First two WDCs were with Beneton, after which he went to a Ferrari team that hadn't won a WDC since 1979, and built the team up for his next five.)
    Recognize the skills, even if you don't like his lack of "aw shucks" interviewing scripts that sports figures in the 'states put on. (Remember "Bull Durham"? :D)
    Cutting in line may be "rude" in the supermarket, but on the track, ...

Carol's a girl?? (I was thinking Caroll a la Shelby ... another texan). :p

23. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Well what the news say, is that Renault have now disasembled the wheel and have found that the driveshft is in perfect condition, so that was not the problem. The wheel nut went out flying... so all points to that as the issue. That BTW is what everybody watching TV thought in the first place, specially because it did happen just after a tire change.

I guess this only really matters for the guy who change that wheel nut!

- Julio.

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I felt like strangling that guy. What a lost opportunity.

As for the anti MS sentiments: It is a strange situation we're in right now, but I think it is only temporary (that is until MS retires) and quite frankly I can't think of any other driver who polarizes the fans as much. I bet with Kimi in the team, we will see a lot more unison from the fanbase.

25. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Fans adored MS through the first four driver's championships, but then people got negative. Look at the popular drivers in the other racing series, one of the best, Jeff Gordan, gets more boos than cheers when introduced, but he still is one of the best. Jealousy? I don't know for sure.

Kimi already has an element that does not like his personality. When he starts winning, more fans will love him, but that will change with time. Sports fans are fickle, especially in the USA.

The problem is there are many individuals here on FChat that have only one purpose, to slam anything Ferrari, not just MS. Best to ignore these people.