Warranty Advice | FerrariChat

Warranty Advice

Discussion in 'Florida' started by AAN, Jul 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AAN

AAN Rookie

May 16, 2005
    Hello,

I am in the Middle East and looking to buy a 430 U.S. spec here. While the car comes with an international warranty, the warranty for some reason is not valid in U.S. or Canada.

Someone told me a long time ago that there is a way to get Ferrari of North America to make the warranty valid in the U.S.

Anyone have any clue ? Would be a great help. Thanks.

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    IMO.....get out of the Middle East and come to the U.S. Buy the car here.
    Stay safe.

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Would you be paying a premium on the car in the middle east? If you were getting the car at sticker there, but would have to pay a premium in the US, that would effect my decision wether to try it. As to your specific question. I would call the dealer in the city you will be returning to, and have them participate in the process. at the end of the day, that's who you will be working with.

4. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Who said anything about a premium there?
    Usually the cars over there are a lot less than here. But they do not come with warranty because FNA did not import them, hence they did not make money on this car, hence they do not pay for warranty unless it is covered through Ferrari spa.

So, no warranty. Check carefull how much you can buy a car here. The premium may be less than you think.

5. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Martin,

No one said anything about a premium. I asked. I would expect the supply / demand equation would result in cars commanding a premium in the middle east as well. Is this wrong? (this is an honest question... no attitude intended)?

I was only questioning if he could get a car at sticker in the Middle East that may be worth losing the warranty if he had to pay over sticker in the US. Also, for all I know, he may have the ability to get a car a sticker in the US.

All the Best,

Simon

6. AAN

AAN Rookie

May 16, 2005
    Simon,

Thank you for your advice. I spoke with my dealer and they are working on it. Do you know of any good companies that sell after-market warranties ?

7. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I do not. There was a recent fiasco of an aftermarket warrant company going out of business... I have never obtained one, or even investigated it.

8. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Only Ferrari cars delivered through Ferrari North America are covered under warranty in the US and Canada.

9. AAN

AAN Rookie

May 16, 2005
    Anyone know of a good after-market warranty company ?