Your Toughts on FX Infinitis | FerrariChat

Your Toughts on FX Infinitis

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Pav, Jul 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    I'm considering the purchase of an Infiniti FX SUV. For already 2 years it was a crush for me. I really like the lines of this vehicle (i know some might find it ugly).

First of all, it's Europe so FXes are at horrible prices of 45k euros +, which is totally stupid (used cars!). I finally found a cheap way to acquire FXes in Europe. I can get an ex-US off lease car with EU plates and about 40 000km for about 30k euros, even less which i consider a good deal. I also sorted the servicing problem as the basic service can be done by Nissan and the major services can be done by an unofficial importer (who puts 50k tags on his cars, woo), located 180kms from here. All fine.

I was thinking of an FX35. Has any of you had this car and what do you think of them?

thanks

2. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    I've riden in an FX 35. It was one of the first FXs in the Chicago area. First year of the suv. It has lots of bells and whistles. Nice looking ride, plenty of luxury, BUT I hated how it rode! I'ce been in it a few times, but I think it rides like a tank. Rough ride. Low profil, 20" wheels don't help. Take it for a test drive. They seem to sell really well, so there must be something nice about them. My rides were about 10 minutes each. Im sure others with more knowledge/experience will chime in

J

3. jordanair45

jordanair45 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    1. Rang Rover
    2. Cayenne
    3. FX

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    One of my friends has an FX35. I drove it and I like it. Granted, the ride is not the smoothest, but I like that. The exterior and interior design in one of my favorites imo. It really makes its presence known. My friend's is black with the orange interior, tinted windows, and the factory 20" wheels. If it's a problem for you, trunk space is small. I really don't care about trunk size (my daily driver is a 2 seater), it may be a problem for you. Other than that, I think you'll really love the car.

5. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    I'm subscribing to this thread.. currently shopping FX's and Lexus RX's..

Todd

6. mdoan300

mdoan300 Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You really can't compare the Infiniti FX and Lexus RX. The FX is in the same class as the BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne -- the sporty SUV's. The RX is in the same class as the Acura MDX and even Nissan Murano -- the luxury SUV's.

Sit in both and you'll see what I mean. The FX seating position is almost like sitting in a sports car.

///Michael

7. LNR

LNR Karting

Apr 28, 2005
    Chino, CA
    Full Name:
    Lyndon
    I had the chance to get an FX35 as a rental car in Seattle for a few days. I'm not a big fan of the exterior styling but i like the:

Interior layout
    Engine performance
    Handling

If it had room for 7 pax, it would be a winner in my book.

This was the FX35, I was wondering how much more fun the FX45 would have been.

I say it is a very good value for a high end performance SUV.

8. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    I like it. My mom is also seriously considering one.

9. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Actually i've went from RS4 to 996 C4 to this Infiniti. I considered that for a similar price tag this was kind of compromise. Totally different from the previous choices but i realised that the 996 is a weekend car, even if easy to use on a daily basis. The RS4 is a whole another story but just i don't see myself beating the traffic jams in this wagon. Altough, i can still do circuit with.

But more i tought about it, more i realised that i need something more user friendly as a daily beater (having cars such as E38 and Jag before).

Anyone knows of the gas consumption of those? Many b**ch here in Europe about the gas guzzling of the Murano, which has the same engine as the 35 (low tuned).

10. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I drove both the 45 and the 35. Both feel about as fast, but I would still go for the 45. They handle very car like, but the ride is pretty bad. They both have weird gas pedals which have no travel to them, i.e. you push harder to go faster, but the pedal does not move, which is the stupidest idea ever, since you always end up overpressing and tiring out your leg.
    Basically an SUV for people who hate SUVs. Interior and cargo space are car like, not SUV like.
    Here in Switzerland we have tons imported, maybe you should check out here first

www.autoscout24.ch

probably a few on sale.

11. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    One of the US car magazines preferred the FX35 to the FX45. The said the ride on the 35 was better than the 45.

12. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    Great car, I owned one for a month.
    heavily optioned with rear view camera, cruise control assist, and every other option they offered. absolultely loved it, it was a 35 with 20 in wheels