Cel yell...getting worse? Stupid Bluetooth earpieces | FerrariChat

Cel yell...getting worse? Stupid Bluetooth earpieces

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by REMIX, Jun 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

What is it that gets into these dumbasses where they have to scream into their cel phones? I was in Staples today and this skinny guy with a flowered T-**** and shorts comes in and proceeds to (probably faking it) do some kind of big dollar deal. "NAH! YOU TELL THEM TWO-POINT-FIVE MIL OR WE WALK! TELL THEM I WON'T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT SEEING THE CASH!"

People just stopped in their tracks and looked at this clown. I mean, right, you're doing your big deal in Staples while shopping for paper clips.

I was in a line at a deli last week and a different guy with ratty jeans too big for him was screaming the same nonsense into his Razr. "ELEVEN MILLION IS MY FINAL OFFER! WE'RE READY TO CLOSE SO DON'T GIVE ME THAT SH...! CALL ME BACK PLAYA!"

WTF? Do people do this crap where you live? It seems to be getting worse now with those retarded Bluetooth headsets. I wanted to find his car and slash his tires. I mean, are people really lacking self-esteem to this degree or is it just me?

RMX

2. TopCloser

TopCloser Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2006
    Bluetooth earpieces are the fanny-pack of the new millenium.

3. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Wow, I would have punched the guy in the head, but then that would land your self in jail. Ive had people do it on the train and walking down the street, you just wonder sometimes..are they not just talking to them selves?

4. neilmac

neilmac Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Oakville, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Remix,

it's not just you, and it's not just there. It's everywhere, and it drives me bananas too.

Used to be you could show everyone how important you were just by having a cell phone. Then 11-year-old kids started getting them, so now the a**hats have to up the ante by turning them into yell phones.

That, and the mouthpiece is so far away from your mouth, people feel they need to scream in order to be heard. You'd think they'd be more tech savvy than that.

I think we should all have stickers available with 'Nobody cares!!' or something written on them, then slap 'em on these social outcasts at every opportunity.

Neil

5. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135875867&postcount=1 :D

6. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    I just can't stand the people that leave the earpiece on all day and walk around with it. I usually just keep mine in my pocket and use it when someone calls.

7. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. ;)

8. brainz

brainz Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Andy
    haha I use mine only when i'm in the car. My friend recently got one, I told him if he wears it in public, i'm not going to hang out with him... "Don't be one of those tools!"

One time I really noticed it was at Hooters during the NBA Playoffs. One guy was probaly 19 and chowing down on some wings, with his headset on. The whole time he was there he didn't have a call.

Another guy walks by with a headset on and a friend of the first guy said... "see how dumb people look with bluetooth on?"... his friend still didn't take it off.

9. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    What you didnt see what me on the other end of that call getting out of my pinto saying ''Yo Homie, you still didnt answer my guestion..yo. Do you want that Biggie sized tha' "

10. BOG

BOG Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 30, 2006
    Nothing like being in line at a department store where some "baller" is in line in front of you making a $250.25 purchase. He then whips out a huge drug dealer wad of bills wrapped in a rubber band to pay for his purchase. It has $100 bill on top and you think "Dayum...must be thousands in there". Pulls the rubber band and the $100 off. Turns out to be a huge wad of $1's. So now he has to count out $250.25 in ones and lay it all out and count it which takes 10 minutes. Then the cashier has to count it out again which takes another 10.
    Then he won't pay $261 cause he does not want to carry $0.75 cents in change. So he has his girlfriend run out to the car to get .75 cents while everyone in line stands there and waits.

11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Anyone that doesn't have a job that involves keeping people alive or safe shouldn't be on a F*#!*&% cell phone in public.

12. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Plantronics M175 with the noise cancelling boom mike is the only headset that has a chance over the Ferrari V8 behind my head.

When I had a longer commute, I used it in the car. In winter, with a parka and the headset, I was told I looked like I was boarding the Shuttle.

But I noticed that, even with the headset, the phone was a distraction from driving. And all the cell phones have voice mail, now.

So now I just use the headset at home, when I'm on the computer and phone at the same time.

I've also noticed that headsets are getting to be a scam: Nobody uses a plain jane 2.5mm mini connection anymore. Every phone manufacturer has its own "proprietary" interface. (Hey, if Microsloth gets away with it, ...)

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont have those stupid bluetooth earpieces . Makes you look like a Pizza Hut employee more than anything else.

14. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    what a bunch of complete AHOLES. Yes, they do and it seems to be getting worse. And why is it that it's mostly white folks who do it?
    Hey all you moron loud cell phone talkers-STFU!

15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Heh.

There's a guy in our building all the time that works for a courier service. He wears TWO bluetooth earpieces: one for his personal phone and one in the other ear for the company dispatch phone. I know, because I asked him :D

16. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    By him a third and tell him where to stick it.

17. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    something else I don't get is why so many people want to be so connected. a lot of times I don't turn my cell on or take it with me, I don't have this overwhelming compulsion to be connected and talking to someone.

18. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    AMEN to That, Sarge!!

The worst time of my professional career was when I had to wear a pager 24/7 to support an assembly line. I hated being connected all the time.

19. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    You should've followed Mr. $2.5MM to the parking lot and asked him why he drives such a POS car....

20. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    HAAAAAAAAAAA! that would have been PERFECT! he prob would have played the Sam Walton angle.

21. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    My big pet peeve is the "private" Nextel conversations. I've seen people leave meetings when they get a call, walk out into the hall so as not to "disturb" anyone else... and proceed to scream into their phone while listening intently for the other person to do the same.

*BEEP BEEP*

"Blah blah blah, stock options, blah blah"

*BEEP BEEP*

"Blah blah blah, what do you want for lunch, blah blah"

*BEEP BEEP*

Folks, your Nextel still works like a regular phone. Please use it as such when appropriate.

22. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    or in restaraunts, ARGH...STFU!

23. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Aww you're being a little harsh. That 2.5MM deal is his ticket out of the old, beat up Chevy Caprice he's driving!

24. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I almost hate cell phones. I only use mine in the car. If I have it with me outside of the car, and I get a call, I move to somewhere more private where I won't disturb anyone.

People who are overly loud, or are ALWAYS on their phone annoy the crap out of me. Some people are just that obnoxious or insecure.

25. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    People still think that talking on cell phones makes them look important. Headsets have brought the stupidity to a new level.

Summary: people are ****ing stupid.