Cruise Nights | FerrariChat

Cruise Nights

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by sklitz11, Apr 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Does anyone have a schedule of cruise nights that are happening this year?

I know Frank threw one out last year.

Thanks.

Vince

2. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah, Vince. I'll post another one this year, too. And, including the sites that were already posted. Normally, the "usual ones" are: Wed.Nite-Elmhurst. Hey, Al's Hobby Shop, anyone?....:); Thurs.Nite.- Westmont; Fri.Nite-Downers Grove; Sat. Nite-Lombard. Just to name a few off of the top of my head.

And, even though these are normally filled with the typical old cars and muscle cars. (Which I LOVE, and like to show my Son. He is really starting to get to know them, too....:)) The Ferrari's and Exotics ALWAYS get alot of attention at these shows. So, there is plenty of room for all. But, I'd like to get a bunch of us together sometime so that we can all park together, in a row, whatever. But, that requires getting there early. Usually by 5:00PM.

And would like to set up a bunch of Ferrari's and other Italian Cars,(only) some weekend afternoon/evening at my buddies Italian Restaraunt in Lombard on Roosevelt Rd. called "Ciao Bella". GREAT Food there!

5. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Shoot me the word and we will round up some Italian Stallions and head down there!

That is nice little place your friend has...

Thanks.

Vince

6. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Hey, a few weeks ago I saw a GREAT band at the Big C Jamboree, called the Crown Vics. They play a sort of 50s rockabilly swing, and they are damn good at it, and I have pretty high standards about such things. Well, I picked up one of their promo cards listing upcoming dates, and it turns out they are playing several Cruise Nights in Westmont! The dates are:

June 1
    June 29
    August 24

I'm definitely hoping to hit at least one of those, especially now that (drumroll....) the Maserati's engine has been reassembled after installing new head gaskets, and the car is running again! One one level that engine is very headache-inducing, but on another level it is a technological work of art.

So, Frank, if you are going to put together an FOC cruise night, consider one of those dates...whatever else happens, the music will be good!

Chuck

7. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Hey Vince,

There is a cruise nite every Fri. in Rolling Meadows at the Jewel on Kerchoff. I went a couple of times last year. We should pick a Fri and meet there.

Richard

8. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Is that all American Iron type stuff?

Do they mind if any Italians show up?

Thanks.
    Vince

9. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Hey Vince,

Mostly American iron. But a few exotics always show up. I don't think it starts until last Fri in April.

Richard

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    You might see some of the guys from the FCA.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No, nobody seems to mind. My car has always gotten a great reaction at these weekly Cruise Nights. Any one of them. As have any other Exotics that show up. Last year at one Friday evening cruise night in Downers Grove. I saw Butch and his Wife in their Red Testarossa. And my son and I were there in our 308. Another time, I was there with my Red 308, and Sean was there in his Black one. And I couldn't get away to go walking around and looking at the other cars because so many people were asking questions. Which is cool by me....:)

I have talked to other guys, one with a Red Maserati Merak, which is a really cool looking car. And another guy with a Pantera. Another with a Yellow Lotus Espirit. And people constantly come up and ask about them, just like with the old cars. Maybe even more so, as far as asking questions about the car, as opposed to just looking at it as they walk by.

Don't forget....the Ferrari 308 and the early Countach's came out in the mid 1970's. So, someone who was, say, 40 at that time is now 70. And, just about any age from there down would love these cars. Not to mention the newer cars that some of you guys own....Vince, your Red 355. Carla's 355 Spider. And all of the other cool cars that are amongst us....:)

I often get people asking me if my car is new. They cannot believe it when I tell them that it is 25 years old.