Photoshop help....... | FerrariChat

Photoshop help.......

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Feb 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    It looks as though I am going to be giving my son my 1986 BMW 325 4 door for his first car. He has some plans for it. These include changing it from the silver it is now to either red or black. I would like to see it in that before I let proceed with the change. I have had this car for 11 years and 140k miles so I am quite attached to it.

He thinks he would like to put some accent stripes on the sides of the hood bulge. Not racing stripes, just some stripes that follow the natural curve of the hood on either side of the center bulge.

Can anyone who knows photoshop possibly put something like this onto an image and let me see how it looks?

It also has stock wheels and he would like to put some 5 spoke wheels on it also. Any help with seeing how this would look?

Any help you guys can add would be greatly appreciated.......

2. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
  3. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just FYI, if your son is interested, tell him to register on bimmerforums.com or r3vlimited.com

Its a BMW community forum w/lots of great information & he can buy parts from other sellers if he needs to. I'm a bimmerforum member & there is a large TX section. r3vlimited is mainly an BMW e30 forum, tons of great info there too.

4. Shiloh Phoenix

Jun 25, 2005
    right behind you!
    Full Name:
    Audiguy Jr.
    Hey, this is Audiguy's son.

The picture you posted is close, but the stripes I want just cover the sections of the hood that are at a / or \ angles, not the flat part of the hood, just the sides of the raised part, and white. Those rims I want are some chrome Super Sports. Too bad we can't find 'em in 4 bolt, only 5. But sweet, I got it in writing he's giving me the bimmer.

5. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
  6. Porsche944

Porsche944 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Brian JJ Feraudo
    #6 Porsche944, Feb 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    That is more like what he wants to do. He would like to paint it black, like the one you picture or red. He wants just the very same stripes on the slant of the hood bulge like you picture. He also wants to paint the contrasting color on the back of the small trunk lip spoiler.

I went to a salvage yard and found some black leather sport seats that would fit in place of the stock seats that come in the 4 door 325. I went back to get them and they were gone............well, what they say about snoozing and losing. Redo the interior, paint, wheels and a new sound system and I believe he will have a pretty good first car.

I remember mine. Red and white 1956 Plymouth four door with a three speed stick on the column and an inline flaghead 6. Paid $250 for it in 1964. Kept it until I bought a 55 Chevy. Much more fun, V8 and all.......

Thanks for the help. Does anyone else have some ideas about how I can update the car, and still keep the expenditure within a small budget?

8. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am thinking about replacing the stock roll pan under the front bumper with an airdam like the one you picture. I am going to do this stuff and then like it so much I will want to keep it for myself. Shiloh Phoenix, my son, says that will be okay if I replace it with a nice '71 Camaro.....

9. DavkeG

DavkeG Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
  10. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Close. We may have to do something different with the wheels because the '86 325 had four lug bolts per wheel. This may limit what we can do. Thanks for the suggestion. He is looking at all of them and picking out the things he likes best about each...........

11. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Interesting... my father has been hinting at handing me down his old bucket 1996 328i... so long as I keep up the GPA! Needless to say it's a good motivator for a first car, hopefully it'll remind him that it was a reward for something (not just a gift I assume?).

How old is your son btw?

12. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Turning 16 the end of March. He is reading the Texas driving manual now and will test for his permit next month. He will have to drive with a licensed driver over 21 in the front seat with him for the first six months before he can drive by himself. He will probably get real tired of me being that rider. I want to know how he is driving before I let him take the car himself. I guess all dads go through this.......................

13. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Awesome, he's lucky that he's getting a free first car, and a BMW at that :). Good luck to the both of you!

PS. I'm not a fan of the stripe/accent idea :p. That's just me. With BMWs, I would only go as far as sophisticated rims (no bling, no chrome, no insane design), window tints and a wee bit of lowering to fit the wheels just right (no crazy ground effects). That's just my opinion :).

14. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I agree. I only finally agreed to very small stripes on the side ridges of the hood bulge and nothing else. No panels, flames, multi-hued paint or any such hideous things. He wants 5 spoke wheels. I might go from the 14's that are on the car now to 15's as they will fit and will look better in the wheel wells. It has tinted glass and a small rear deck spoiler that is a BMW item. No wings or coffee can exhaust.

I have been a BMW fan since I saw my first M635Csi Euro car back in 1983. I have had a number of them since then but have kept this little car the longest by far. Bought it 11 years ago with 68K on it and it now shows 203K. It has been a very good car for me............