328GTS Intermittent Tacho Issue | Page 2 | FerrariChat

328GTS Intermittent Tacho Issue

Discussion in '308/328' started by Knowazark, Jan 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skindiver

Skindiver Karting

Apr 22, 2004
    JHB SA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    If you crush the white body of the tacho with one hand , making it oval, the bezel remains somewhat circular and you can use the gap it makes as a starting point to fairly easily ease the loose bezel ring off.

I noted two flat screwdriver "prize" marks on the rear edge of the bezel which must have been the tool of choice to persuade the thing off. The metal is very soft, not much harder than thick tin foil, so its easy to de-crease it if you kink it, but then also easy to kink it too. Try not to stuff up the front face of the bezel for obvious reasons.

Skin'ster.

2. Corsa

Corsa Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi guys.

Now its time for me to solve my tacho problem.
    It shows about 1000-1500 rpm low at about 7000 true rpm.

Some genuine heroes here have apparently solved the problem. Many thanks for that.

Question is: Are there any more news on this subject or any reports of successful mending before I go ahead with my tacho?

Ciao
    Peter

3. Knowazark

Knowazark Rookie

Dec 22, 2004
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ade & Steve
    As far as I'm aware Skindiver is completely happy with the repair to his tacho. I believe from memory it was the calibration pot that needed cleaning and its good to go. Last I heard he had no issues since.

You can try it yourself or send the unit to a tech to have it done.

I haven't bothered because our tacho appears to be behaving itself more often than not at the moment. If it starts playing up again I'll pull it out and clean it myself (now I know what to do - Thanks Skindiver).

Steve

4. elifun165

elifun165 Rookie

Dec 19, 2005
    On my 328 year 89 Europe, I experience a problem with the speedo. The needle wanders from 20km/h to >270km/h!, and sometimes indicates the correct speed. Does anyone have experienced the same problem? I believe that it is an issue of the hall sensor connector (item 122 electr. diagrams), but I can not locate the sensor and connector?. Please help.

5. Corsa

Corsa Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi all.

I am about to fix my tachometer by replacing the trim pot with a new better one. When I disassembled the tachometer I found that I must remove the needle. I can’t see any screws or anything else that hold the needle to the axis.

Q1: How do I remove the needle from the axis in the tachometer?

A sticker on the tachometer says:

40000.IMP.12V
    8CIL.2RUTT
    135143 8F 26

A guess would be that it shall be calibrated with 40 000 impulses/minute which would give 10 000 rpm. I.e 8 cylinder calibration.

10 000 (rmp) x 8 (cyl) / 2 (rev/imp)
    => 40 000 imp/min at 10 000 rpm
    => The meter should be calibrated to show 10000 rpm with pulses at 666.7 Hz (40 000 imp/min).

Q2: Correct?

Thanks and best regards
    Peter