Any Feedback on Forzamotorsports in CT | FerrariChat

Any Feedback on Forzamotorsports in CT

Discussion in '308/328' started by shashi27, Feb 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Hi,

Anyone know anything about Forzamotorsports.com? I noticed they had a 78 308 with 14K miles on it. Seems pretty clean. They also have a 84 QV with 20K miles. The cars are $36K and $40K respectively. I think I like the GTB better but I don't think I have seen any GTB QVs. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Canut

Canut Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Manuel Canut
    I bought my car from Forza last summer. Peter Sweeney is very professional and very knowledgeable guy. He sometimes is a contributor on FORZA magazine.
    Even after buying the car, I can call him anytime with any questions I may have and he is always kind to help me.

Use the search function to research the company and Peter, you'll find a lot of good feedback.

3. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Used the search function. Seems like Peter's reputation is top notch.

Now here is another question. Would you go for a good condition 84 QV or excellent 78 GTB if both checked out? The cars are nearly identical in price. I love the sound of carbs but have heard such great things about QVs? Thanks.

4. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    The QV will have more power and better handling b/c of the 16" wheels & tires.

5. Easyrider7467

Easyrider7467 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2005
    Northen N.J.
    Full Name:
    John
    I met Peter approx. 4 weeks ago when I looked at an 328 he had. Very nice person, down to earth, approachable, friendly,patient.

Plain and simple; Cool.

6. jonathan70

jonathan70 Rookie

Feb 25, 2005
    Peter assisted me in my search for a nice 400. I ended up with a boat instead - but he was low-key, professional, helpful and patient.

Plus seeing all his inventory is like being a kid in a candy store !

7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Peter has been very helpful every time I've called. Thumbs up!

8. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    with Peter.

9. mondialmerle

mondialmerle Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Egg Harbor Township,NJ
    Full Name:
    Merle Graham
    Peter has been a great help to me and others I know. Two friends of mine have bought cars from him and feel he's as good as it gets to do business with. MBG

10. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Spoke with Peter about his inventory. I think the QV is the way to go but he has two GTSs. I must be one of the few that actually likes the GTB better. Peter said they are harder to come by in QV form and I guess priced a little higher. I will keep an eyeon his sight. Thanks.

11. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    The BEST - period. End of story! Peter found me my 365BB (#18265) barn find, and took only a small commission when he could have bought it and marked it up 10-20k and sold it on. He also helped me resolve a situation with my 400i (049773), and after 9/11 he helped me sell my ex-Livanos 365gt (#13141) when I thought the world was ending. He is the only guy on the planet I would be a car from sight unseen. Known him 10 years and never heard a bad word - sold cars to several of my friends as well - all happy.

The best there is!

Alex

12. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Peter is a very reliable vendor, I have done business with him for over 15 years, That's saying something.

Bought, sold , partnered. No issues, ever! 5 STARS

13. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    They are around, but harder to find than GTSs. I have one and love it. It's not for sale.
    Peter is a good guy. Never bought anything from him, but as others have said, he is very trustworthy. Let him know you want a GTB QV and have him locate one. He's a player, he knows where they are.

John

14. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I had an 85 GTB about 6 years ago. It was a really nice driving car, much better than GTS which I have also owned. Unfortunately, not many were sold in the US and of those, a significant number were modded to look like 288's or turned into track cars. There are also a number of very high mileage examples. It seems GTB buyers were more inclined to actually drive them a lot.

Good luck,
    Dave