Corvette Bashers, Would You Wanna Mess W/This Guy??? | FerrariChat

Corvette Bashers, Would You Wanna Mess W/This Guy???

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Ferrari Fanatic, Feb 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
  2. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Sinister...

3. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Nice video. This driver was out for a Sunday cruise.

I am not about to bash Corvettes, the new Z06 is absolutely the biggest bang for the buck anywhere. Would be great to drive everyday, no worry about dings. Will beat most anything on the street.

But then, it doesn't say Ferrari on it .

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Now a days, that might not be a bad thing...

5. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Car is quick enough but sure does not like the esses, especially the uphill right/left/right. I believe this Vette driver was just taking it easy and rolling the throttle on hard only on the long straights. True, the other cars on the track seemed to be running in reverse as he passed them but I do not believe he was really pushing the car very hard. But then.....that is just my opinion......how about yours Flatoutracing???

6. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I like your quote from Phil Hill. I think that an appropriate one from Stirling Moss would have been, "Oops, sorry", just after crashing the last one he drove..

7. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    The engine sounds awesome, but other than that I'm not really impressed.
    It looks like he's driving in the rain. Dragracing down the straights & *****footing through the turns. A couple times I counted 4 seperate applications of the throttle in a turn. Not smooth, not fast. There should be only one application of the throttle. In a high HP car like that it is particularly important to squeeze the throttle on slowly & consistenty. Not on/off/on/off like a light switch.

8. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
  9. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

If it's LG, he's a fairly talented shoe, regardless of this particular video. Go to his site and check out the '05 Mosport video.

10. Shiloh Phoenix

Jun 25, 2005
    right behind you!
    Full Name:
    Audiguy Jr.
    I agree that Lou is a talented driver but he did not display any good things in this episode. I did notice though that he was warming up the tires about the second lap. I believe if we had had the opportunity to be in the video seat about 15 minutes later we might have seen a whole different style of driving. No one looks really good when warming the engine and tires. Hit it hard on cold tires and watch the rear come around and pass you in the turns.........

arghh, how did this happen? I am back on my sons signon again. Audiguy Sr.

11. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Back to your basic question. Would I mess with this Corvette? If I had a comparable class car, Yes. You have to remember, this car is as far removed from a production car as you can get. Lou is a good driver and drives for a good team but the car is far from something you will ever see on the street.

The new Z06 is a great performance buy for the cost of it. It will outperform just about anything that falls into the same class as it especially if you compare price. But, like I said above, it is not the car in your video, nowhere close......