new ferrari 599 gtb official picture | Page 4 | FerrariChat

new ferrari 599 gtb official picture

Discussion in '612/599' started by peterb, Jan 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peterb

peterb Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    milan italy
    Full Name:
    peter ross
    i have spoken with some people in the maranello area today about the car and though the aesthetics of the car are a subjective matter from an engineering point of view the car will set a new standard- a couple of observations

1. engine- 620 hp- this is a detuned enzo engine and the car will be lighter than the previous model .

2. braking system- this car will come equipped with carbo-ceramic brakes

3. f1 gearbox- the transmission and gear box will be state of the art

I really think that this car will set a new standard in performance and comfort taking all the technology available from Ferrari and packaging into a Gt coupe which will set it miles apart from it's competition

You are getting all the technological advances from the Enzo ina Gt coupe which will retail for 220000 euro-

Not bad in my opinion and the car will be miles more confortable to drive than a 430. If I can afford to not sell my CS, i would seriously consider this as a daily driver

2. giago

giago Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Giago
    peterb and deliveries starting when.
    I was going to place a order for a F430 if it was delivered before june-july.

If this can be delivered for the same date, suposing I'm one of the firsts on the list, then I'm on it.

3. peterb

peterb Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    milan italy
    Full Name:
    peter ross
    i would not expect deliveries really until the fall but package is not bad. I think this car will bring back the focus on the beauty of a 12 cylinder ferrari

4. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    looks like an '05 corvette
    only
    the corvette looks better

5. kdm

kdm Rookie

May 3, 2005
    Sweden
    Its awful!

I have to agree with earlier post, the 360 modena was the last good looking ferrari, all models including the enzo has been awful!

Kick some butts at Pinafarina and hire a new set of designers and create some beautiful ferraris insteed of japanese concept cars.

6. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I like the car,but the wheels are rather "GAY"! With a nicer set of wheels, she would be a beauty i reckon! ;)

7. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I cant agree with you there mate! Jap concept cars?? ****! What drugs are you on man?(please give me some) hehe. The F430, kinda looks very similar to the 360 doesnt it?? The F430 is awesome! And the Enzo is ****en sexy! Dude,please stay off the PCP ;) Cheers

8. kdm

kdm Rookie

May 3, 2005
    Sweden

430 frontbumper is out of shape from the rest of the body and headlights are to narrow for my taste. 430 is a awsome machine but ugly!

But back to the new 599GTB! Side of the car looks like a Corvette...the only thing thats has been improved from 612 Scaglietti is the frontbumper, it looks more aggressive. But still a awful looking ferrari!

// Cheers mate!

9. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

The car don't like a Vette at all "mate"....

10. giago

giago Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Giago
    I agree it doesn't look like a vette.
    And if it were the case the vette would look like a Ferrari not backwards.

I like the car, it is agressive, but I have to say that it could be better too.
    Specially those wheels wich are horrendous.