My newly acquired F40 replica | Page 13 | FerrariChat

My newly acquired F40 replica

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F40 replica guy, Dec 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    Sorry the additional pics have been a long time coming. I have the seats at my house, I have the new carpet here to be installed, I also have the whole new leather package for the interior .. but it has been snowing and cold and I have no room in my garage to even move so it has to be done outside. I will post some more when it clears up and gets above 40 degrees.

2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

That car sure has a lot of "eyeball" at 20 feet and 20 mph.......you could go thru some automatic car washes with it....that would really freak people out !!

Enjoy !! For $6,500 it's a hoot !!!!

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    What a great thread, took me forever to read it, but enjoyable as hell. I really like this Brian guy, he really has a good attitude. Enjoy the Car.

4. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Ditto. This was a nice break while my computer crunched thousands of frames.

Enjoy the car Brian.

5. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    i read the title, and knew that this would be a trainwreck of epic proportions

6. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    I'm not sure about a trainwreck .... did I miss where it went awry? I am very happy with how kind people have been.

7. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    And you know what? You have been more than kind in return. I am one who is very against replicas and will continue to be. Yes, you should have posted in the "other" section. But your genuine attitude and gentleman-like qualities have scored big time. Regardless if your Ferrari is fake, you are obviously an enthusiast. I am sure one day you will have a real one.

All the best to you and happy holidays.

Vasco

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree - I think you have won people over with your good attitude.

9. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    Well all this F-chat forum stuff has got me wanting an F430. It wouldn't be long before I can actually afford one but I stil think I would be going against my own deeply held values ... I find values to be better than fun toys, but I am still human and have been known to mess up every once in a while :)

10. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Keep it up guys, its working. We'll make a believer out of him soon!

11. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    How about you go and get a C6 Z06 Corvette... It's a fun toy, and a good value.

12. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    No, it's bad enough he has an F40 replica.

Fine, I understand the "values" thing. No need to go a far as an F430...Get a 348TB or 328. They are awesome enough........oh and......real enough. ;)

Take care.

13. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I'd much rather have a Z06 than an old, unreliable Ferrari. I have family that works on Ferraris for a living, and most of the old ones are more money than they are worth IMHO, except the F40..

14. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    You have given up on ever getting a Ferrari, huh? I have driven many Vettes and there are few Ferraris that I would forsake for one, especially an old V12 Ferrari.

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    If you are looking for a daily driver, sure.

16. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Oh Please.

17. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    Well I may just wait a bit (3-5 yrs) and buy a used 430 for much cheaper than they are now... since so many are being made I would guess th eprices will be dropping.

18. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I dont support Replicars, but I will say this: get bigger wheels. The thing looks like an even bigger joke with those 9 1/2 inch rims.

19. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Speaking of Enzo quotes.....

"To finish first you first must finish"
    -Enzo Ferrari

20. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    You didn't read the thread .. twice in here I have put a picture of the custom wheels I am having made. I don't remember which pages they were on and I don't want to look hehe

21. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Of course I didnt read every post on this thread! Its 16 Pages long over 320 posts, many of them very, very long. I saw this thread when it was first started but was on my way out so I didnt read the first couple posts, when I checked back on it, it was already a couple pages long, so I decided to just wait for the pics and then give my input :)

22. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    LOL do you read the ending of books before you read the first chapter :p

23. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    sometimes ;)

24. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Brian,

You should join your local chapter of FCA and attend some of the events with your F-40 replica, just to meet some of the people in your area and to find out more about Ferraris, not just the cars but also the mythology behind it.

25. mdoan300

mdoan300 Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Wow, talk about a really long read.

All I have to say is, my F40 replicar costs MUCH less than $11,000. I only paid $30 for mine so that leaves $10,970 for me to give to the charity of my choice. I don't get to drive it at all, but I also don't get to pay to maintain it either. As an added bonus, I get to admire it all day long and if someone carjacks me, then I can easily afford a new one.

:D

///Michael