Does anyone have larger pictures of this 308 GT4? | FerrariChat

Does anyone have larger pictures of this 308 GT4?

Discussion in '308/328' started by cray54, Dec 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cray54

cray54 Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Ashfield, MA
    Full Name:
    Christopher Gray
    #1 cray54, Dec 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I found this thumbnail doing a yahoo image search. I'd like to see some bigger pictures of it if anyone has or knows where to get copies...

thanks - Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I don't have the yellow NART car but I have several of the red one......send me your email via PM and I'll get them to ya!

They pretty much gutted the front end and hung those HUGE driving lights for LeMans......

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You are familiar with NART??

That's like your "hometown team" man!

The Chinettis out of their NYC dealership.......I was thumbing thru a Reunion Program I have, from before he passed away...it has some black and whites of the GT4 as well......

Dunnno about the yellow one but one of the GT4LMs is restored very nicely...search this site and see if some more pics show up..

4. cray54

cray54 Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Ashfield, MA
    Full Name:
    Christopher Gray
    BigTex -- PM sent

I would like to see more pictures of the red LM car (I've got a few already), but I would still like to see larger pictures of the yellow NART car if anyone has them. It seems (from that small picture) to have rear NACA ducts for brake cooling, and a well fitted air dam (both of which I am interested in doing). It is closer to what I am shooting for with my car for the road (non-flared fenders, original front bumper, etc.).

The original website was: fgk.endeffect.org/album_rb04.html and they seem to have had other good pictures as well.

-Chris

5. jonathan70

jonathan70 Rookie

Feb 25, 2005
    I am not sure if this is relevent, but I've seen this car (or one very similar) racing at club events (with the AMEC / Corvair Club !) at Lime Rock Park in Connecticut over the past few years.

The driver now seems to be racing a black 308GT4.

And (I think) the car was posted "for sale" on the LRP bulletin board (the one on the outside of the paddock bathrooms) when I went to the track this fall.

Perhaps AMEC (Adironack Motor Enthusiasts Club) could point you to the guy ? They are originally an ice racing organization, so winter is a good time to try to talk with them.

www.icerace.com

6. cray54

cray54 Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Ashfield, MA
    Full Name:
    Christopher Gray
    Thank you guys for the pictures and suggestions. I have not been able to get through to anyone in the AMEC, however, I was able to find the email for the old webmaster of the endeffect website, and he's going to email me pictures the first week in January :). I'll post them when I get them just in case anyone else is interested.

Chris

7. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    I'm interested. That front spoiler is the perfect look for the GT4.

8. cray54

cray54 Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Ashfield, MA
    Full Name:
    Christopher Gray
    #8 cray54, Jan 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    The NART front spoiler rocks! Using red for the 2-tone effect on the engine air intakes on the side is a bit much, though. Black would have been better.

10. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    NART raced only one 308 GT4 (chassis 8020), and this ain't it, at least according to Luigi Chinetti Jr. a few minutes ago. This car has nothing to do with NART.

O.G.