My newly acquired F40 replica | Page 12 | FerrariChat

My newly acquired F40 replica

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F40 replica guy, Dec 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Well I haven't read the entire thread but I bet you are getting beaten up alot. But Welcome to F chat, the world of Ferrari and the World of Replicars.
    I hope you are thick skinned because you are in for a lot of abuse from diehards, since you are a bastard child to most. Hang in there there is support. I for one love building my daytona spyder replicar for my own enjoyment and no one elses and attend all types of events in the Ferrari circles, exotic circles, and general car related circles. I'm a bastard child and proud of what I made. Hope you enjoy it. Modify it in whatever manner that makes YOU happy and not what to impress others or get their acceptance because you won't. Merry Christmas!!!!

2. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    I just want a shiny paint job and a good sounding engine WAHHHHHH (that is me crying not the sound of an engine)

3. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You have taken a beating from some on these last 14 pages. I like it, you bought a nice base and are improving it from there. I have nothing but respect for you. Enjoy your project and share it with anyone who wants to ask questions. It really should be red though. Welcome to F-chat

4. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    good job on the f40 dude!...pretty bad on the paintjob...but that can be fixed. At least its nothing major you know....for example...spinning wheels with a purple velvet interior!

I suggest that you add some mesh on the rear quarter panel below the wing, But I think u know what to do since you ARE the maker.

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    "As one discouraged Cobra pilot said at Le Mans 'How may times have I leaned on the pit wall early in the morning and heard those blasted Ferraris moan by?' That everloving everlasting Ferrari noise. That's what sells the cars."

-- Henry Manney, writing in a review of John Surtees' Ferrari 330GT, which is now on eBay and only bid to $7,600 (but then it doesn't have an engine).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4597473051

6. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Hey look, it's a car in my price range!

I'd park that thing in the garage, sit behind the wheel, and make my own engine noises.

bbbbbbBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRR tic tic bbbbbBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRR tic tic bbBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...........

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Or put a Beemer I6 in it and drive it around until a 330 drivetrain came available.

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    schwing!

9. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    You’ll have your shinny paint well in time for Christmas, but for the engine, well that’s another story.
    And that’s one thing that will always differentiate a replica car from a Ferrari no matter how exacting it may be.

One of the guys posted an Enzo Ferrari sort of quote, something like; ‘I sella you the engine, and giva you the rest!’
    Because Ferrari’s are all about engines!
    And for the most part, he was good enough to throw in a very nice car with it.
    As a short primer and to amplify the engine part of Ferrari a little more, quite a few of his cars are model designated by the size and /or type of engine;
    308 GTS; 3.0 liters, 8 cylinders.
    328 GTS; 3.2 liters, 8 cyl.
    348 GTS; 3.4 liters, 8 cyl.
    BB 512; 5 liters, 12 cyl. The second B is for Boxer, which is the type of engine, meaning a flat 12 instead of the usual V configuration.
    The F40 was the fortieth anniversary car.

So end of short primer. Enjoy you car, and maybe read through some of this site’s information and you can gain a greater appreciation of Ferrari’s in general, and in particular the amazing F40.
    And if anyone ever offers you a ride in one, be sure to take it!
    In fact, if anyone you a ride in any Ferrari, be sure to take it!

10. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I looked at the pictures and you can really tell that this car is a replicar Fiero and I think that you are putting way to much money into it...way to much! and you will never get it back, but alot of people thought I was nuts for buying a Ferrari and spending the money I did. Like I said I hate Ferrari replicars it gives Ferrari a bad rap, but I like your attitude and it's your money to throw away so enjoy.

11. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #286 EspritSE, Dec 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    Dude .. I already told you .. that is tape and it is gone now. The painter forgot to remove it.

13. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Bull.

14. F40LMGTC

F40LMGTC Formula 3

Mar 15, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    GIL MATTHEWS
    same tail lights as 308/328/512BB and F40LM's

15. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    I have been watching some Top Gear type shows today and that F430 is calling to me pretty loudly!

16. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    ....must .... leave...... before....I ....... get ......sucked .........in.......

17. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    LOL!!!!
    ;)

18. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

It's never too late to follow the true path.

19. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas

Does anybody have the real quote and/or the source of this quote?

I have heard about it several times here on FChat, but never actually read it. Never saw that Enzo really made that statement (not that it wouldn't be something he said). Inquiring mind would like to know.

Seriously, if I could find the source for it, I'd love to print that and hang it in the garage somewhere.

20. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I was searching fro you... These were the quotes I could find - Don't know where they came from, but pretty amusing. :)

"Aerodynamics is for people who don't know how to build engines." - Enzo Ferrari

Enzo Ferrari (1898-1988), Founder of Ferrari:
    The client is not always right.

"Without women, engines don't even start"
    -- Enzo Ferrari

“I dont sell cars, I sell engines. The cars I throw in for free since something has to hold the engine” - Enzo Ferrari

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oh! So he actually did say that?

Sorry to be so pedantic, but does anybody have a source/reference for that? Something like a book, autobiography?

It's just that the man himself is such a legend, that I can see how people put quotes into his mouth to increase the myth. It'd be cool if we could "proove" that he actually did say that.

Anyway, sounds like I'm a step closer to that garage sign...:)

22. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Quote Enzo Ferrari "Yes you do pay a lot for my cars but only for the engine the body i give for free" taken from the book The piranha club, chapter 2, the first and foremost: Enzo Ferrari.

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thank you Sire!

I actually have that book and will be able to see for myself.

On a side note: My fav chapter is the beginning about how the Piranhas outmaneuvered Eddie Jordan to bring Schumacher to Benetton. Somebody should make that into a movie. :)

24. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Yep.... even Jim G bought himself a real P4....

:D :D :D Jim has done a very nice job documenting 0846 but it's damn funny to joke about, he is also one of the nicest guys on this board. :D :D :D

25. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    It makes some good reading the first chapter, i felt a bit sorry for Eddie and Moreno after Flavio and Michael finished with them.