Piloti shoes in catalog | FerrariChat

Piloti shoes in catalog

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Cicero, Dec 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cicero

Cicero Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
  2. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Old news. I've been thinking about getting myself a pair for ages. From what i've heard, they're great.

3. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Just bought my first pair a week back. Very comfortable since I am on my feet moving around all day, and driving as well. I bought straight off of their site.

go ahead, spend some money on you this month.

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    i think i will get these also----white ones

5. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I have bought a few from Piloti's web site.

Great shoes!

6. AMDBMan

AMDBMan Karting

Jun 21, 2005
    Hartford
    Full Name:
    Will
    According to the "about us" section of the Piloti website, the company is fairly new. The founder used to work for KSwiss, but in 1999 left them and started Piloti. I've got a pair of the white and blue Piloti Mulhollands. They're great. Comfortable, and they look good too.

7. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    #7 Gary(SF), Dec 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If anyone is interested, I have a pair I won that I wore for one day and decided they were a half size too small, and I already have two pair of driving shoes anyway. Charcoal and black, size 9.5. $50 plus $5 shipping.

Gary
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Out of curiosity and since I was thinking of ordering a pair - do you normally wear size 9.5 comfortably? Does it seem like the piloti shoes are maybe a half size smaller than what you're used to?

9. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    One of the men mentioned in that article is an f-chat member ;) maybe he will post.
    Erik

10. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  11. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Well, I'm one of those that wears a 9.5 or 10, depending on the shoe. I wouldn't say they run small, but they are cut a little snug at the toe for my old, splayed feet. :) They were mail order, and a prize item, so I just got lazy and didn't bother to follow up with an exchange, etc.

Gary

12. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Jim,

BUY THEM! The first driving shoes I bought for the Ferrari were the Piloti Mulhollands, and I've pretty much worn them out. I need a new pair. They're great as shoes, and they're great for driving. My Fila Schumachers are great for driving, but suck as shoes.

Check www.piloti.com for all the styles. You can buy then direct from the manufacturer.

13. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    I love driving shoes. The most comfortable one I have to be the Prada Calzature Uomo in Bianco and Rosso

Antony

14. AMDBMan

AMDBMan Karting

Jun 21, 2005
    Hartford
    Full Name:
    Will
    Those are the exact ones I have. Awesome shoes, I love them. Yeah I agree with what's also been said. Most driving shoes are really uncomfortable as "regular shoes." The Puma Speedcats are an excellent example of this. You might as well wear just socks if you're planning on being with those on your feet for an extended period of time. That's what makes the Piloti shoes great. They're comfortable all day long.

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  16. Detailers Paradise

Detailers Paradise Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Maybe I can help with sizing. Well sell the Piloti line in our store, but not online.

The Spyder and Mulholland are built on the same footbed. They run about 1/2 size big. If you typically wear a 9.5, order a 9. I think the Spyder is the most comfortable shoe they make. I have the Spyder in red and Mulholland in white/blue. If you like the Mulholland, check Griots.com. They had a batch of special colors in white/red made and they are selling them for $50.

The G16 runs 1/4 size big. If you typically wear a 9.5, a 9 will be pretty snug in the toes, but a 9.5 a little loose. I tried on four pair before I found a 9 to fit. I have the blue and white and they look great. The green/black look pretty good too.

The DTM and Monaco run pretty true, but on the snug side. Great for driving, but perhaps a little too snug for standing/walking. If you have a wide foot, you may want to look at the Spyder.

17. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    And they're made by?...

EDIT: SABELT, RIGHT?

EDIT #2: I can't find them for sale anywhere else and not in the colours you posted. The others are kinda "funky". Anything in black?

18. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  19. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  20. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Andrew, do you know anywhere else that i can get these Sabelt shoes?

21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Some colors are available here

http://www.shop.sabelt.com/moda/category.php?cat=4542&ctlg=

But i have seen them in so many other colors in paris . Weird that the own Sabelt site doesnt offer them ?

22. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Back to a "which is better question"......... The Piloti Mulholland or the Spyder....... which feels more comfortable when driving (pls)? Or better yet, "in a blind taste test", which would you immediately pick...........

Bob

23. SirAdam

SirAdam Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    I have the Spyders and I REALLY love them! They are the greatest shoes I have worn!

Adam

24. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks Andrew

Are they REALLY comfortable or just comfortable? $200usd is A LOT (IMO) for a pair of shoes.

25. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Can't help you on the Spyder, but I love my Mulhollands. Just buy a pair, you'll love them.