Ferrari Dealership in Guangzhou | FerrariChat

Ferrari Dealership in Guangzhou

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Jon@Tezta, Nov 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Spent a weekend in Guangzhou recently and dropped by the Ferrari/Maserati dealership. Quite a nice setup with a security guard situated outside the front door, when we approched the dealership he said we needed an appointment to enter the showroom but we soon got the attention of the salesman and he was nice enough to let us in.

They had 3 brand new cars in the showroom, 1 yellow 430 coupe, 1 red 430 spyder and 1 360 coupe. The owners car was parked outside with Shanghai plates on the car as well, it was a red 575M.

Surprisingly the cars were cheaper in China than in Hong Kong, currently the F430 coupe is priced at 2.6M RMB which equates to 2.49M HKD. Ferrari of GZ sells about 30 cars per year, but the most interesting part was the F430's are available without a waiting list!

2. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    When I was there last month, there was a grey Qport and a rosso 550M parked outside, didn't notice the plates but pretty sure it was a 550 though. The yellow 430 and a 360Spider too. A few shops away there's the Pcar showroom and just down the road, in the next block there's the Bentley dealer. Prices are cheaper than MY too....
    The Indonesian Restaurant 4 doors away from the Pcar showroom serves great food at reasonable prices and the lady owner's daughter is extremely good looking...hehehe!

3. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Yes i think the other dealers are all owned by the same company. You are probably right about the 550M. Next time i shall try the indonesian restaurant and see this girl you are talking about :D

4. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If any of you ever go to that place again, please remember to take pics of the following and post it here or send it to me directly.

1. The dealer
    2. the daughter of the indian restaurant owner

If you can't take both, pick the girl. I need to see her.

thanks

5. ferrari88

ferrari88 Rookie

Jan 13, 2005
    Did you guys have a chance to look at their service department? I heard all kinds of stories about ferrari dealerships in China. Some say they send you to some local contracted mechanics because they don't have in house service people. Is that how it works in China? Thanks.

6. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    Up untill the last two years, there were no service departments, Techs were flown in from Hongkong. In Shanghai, service is run by and English man and there is an Irish Tech who came from Ferrari UK. He has Chinese mechanics under training via the ferrari program. The workshop is as good as any other I have seen in the west.

I was there three weeks ago, there were three 360's, four masers, and the two 612's from the round China trip all being worked on. The were expecting a MC12 in for service in the next few months, (two MC12's in China)

I cannot comment on the quality of the servce but they certainly look the part.

7. ferrari88

ferrari88 Rookie

Jan 13, 2005
    Thanks for info. Have you also checked out the newly openned Lambo dealership in Shanghai? Does the service department take somewhat the same format?

8. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    Sorry I have not been there so I canot comment.

9. Dejan

Dejan Karting

Aug 3, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Dejan Deklich
    I didn't know we have a Lambo dealer in Shanghai? Do you know the address?
    As far as Porsche service goes, untill recently there was nothing where you'd want to take the car to.

Dejan

10. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    Shanghai/PRC
    G'Day,

Lambo shop Shanghai is located in old Ferrari dealer shop on Yanan Road, not far from Equatorial / Hilton hotel going direction Hongqiao. it's all black and mirror tiles outside, looks very tacky......

Porsche Shanghai? they have a service centre out on Wuzhong Road (Minhang district) just of the A20 Airport Highway.

Dilligaf

Lamborghini in Shanghai
    Jin Jing (Shanghai Daily Newspaper)
    2005-11-09 Beijing Time

ITALIAN sports car firm Automobili Lamborghini SpA opened its third dealership in China yesterday, but its first in Shanghai, the country's most promising luxury car market.

It is also the first dealership in China showcasing all Lamborghini models currently being sold.

"Shanghai is the most promising market in China as more wealthy people live here because it is the commercial center of China," said Stephan Winkelmann, president and chief executive off icer of Lamborghini SpA.

The showroom on Yan'an Road W. displays all four Lamborghini models including the newest Gallardo Spyder, which will go into production next year after its debut at the Frankfurt Motor show this year.

"We hope we can sell 20 cars every year initially," Winkelmann said.

Lamborghini, owned by Germany's Volkswagen AG, would import all cars through Volkswagen (China) Investment Co Ltd, the company said.

A gentleman, surnamed Fang, was awarded a certificate by Lamborghini after he was the first in Shanghai to purchase a Gallardo Spyder. It cost a fair bit of coin at 3.5 million yuan (US$431,565).

Competitors such as Ferrari have already built a sales network across the country.

Ferrari Maserati Group teamed up with two other companies to set up Fer rari Maserati Cars International Trading Co Ltd last August to handle sales in China.

It has 10 sales and service points nationwide.

11. ali2j

ali2j Rookie

Apr 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    ali adel
    I know its an old thread but may I ask what is the name of this dealership

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  13. alisuper

alisuper Rookie

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    ali
    un
    Unfortunately that dealership is closed right now and there 3 cars trapped inside it, Porsche Carrera GT and Ferrari 575M manual and Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06, the cars are well known in social media, hopefully one day these cars will be saved

14. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Ali, the cars are not trapped .

15. alisuper

alisuper Rookie

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    ali
    are you sure about it? so wait does that mean that these cars are listed for sale but no one bought them yet? if you know anything about the cars please let me know

16. sareika

sareika Rookie

Feb 24, 2021
    Northeastern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mantas Šareika
    The cars are not trapped. I’m sure. China has strict regulations against air pollution. Most of the new unregistered cars will be not drivable soon. Unless you want to rescue it and get it out of China, but for foreigners it’s easier to walk into the closest dealership with a briefcase rather than go through bureaucracy and figuring out the shipping situation.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

alisuper likes this.
  17. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That sucks that a Carrera GT is just sitting there and not being enjoyed.

18. Alex HH

Alex HH Karting

Dec 11, 2021
    Zhuhai (China)
    Full Name:
    Alexis H
    Anyone has the address of that place? I feel like I should go there and do something ahah

sareika likes this.
  19. sareika

sareika Rookie

Feb 24, 2021
    Northeastern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mantas Šareika
    All of the cars have been sold.