Check out what I got. (gun) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Check out what I got. (gun)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 96impalaSS, Nov 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    ROR!!!!!!!!!!!

2. M512

M512 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M512
    Shoot the eggs in the nest! That's real huntin'!

3. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

LOL

4. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Everyone else went across the street to McDonalds and he got stuck holding the gear.

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Well I didn't think this thread would turn out like this. But anyways yea I went out today and fired 120 rounds out of it flawlessly. I can't believe how realiable it is. I've never had a weapon that was so much fun to shoot.

And as far as that one old post from me went who hasnt got into fights before or done something dumb. I was in the Marines and I have nothing but respect for weapons. The only time I would ever use a weapon on another human being would be if they were attempting to cause serious harm to my family or something after they had broken into my house or trying to kill me. I grew up around guns and I've been hunting since I was about 9 I believe. So far I don't believe I've been involved in any gang shootings nor have I busted caps in some foo's ass for touching my babies mama, nor would I ever. And besides if I wanted to really do some harm to someone I would just use my 30-06 A-Bolt and hit them at about 1,000 yards. No matter how scary looking the gun is they all have the same effect when the bullet leaves the barrel. The AK is just a fun gun.

6. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Chris....

I honestly think the key differences in people perceptions about guns are rooted in their upbringing. Like you, I was raised in an environment where guns were no big deal and learning to shoot and respect them was a simple lesson to be learned just like learning to fish, throw a baseball or clean a squirrel you have shot. When you grow up understanding and shooting guns, they hold no special mystique that they seem to have for city folk who have little or no experience with them.

As to the comments on recoil....

I have seen video on the Barrett .50 rifles demonstrating that they have virtually no recoil. The muzzle brakes on guns like that (and other guns equiped with effecient brakes) are very effective and reduce recoil to being barely noticable. I have fired a FN-FAL 7.62 with and without muzzle brake and the difference was eye opening. My Enfield 7.62 has no brake or flash suppressor and a steel stock butt plate. Its fun to shoot... but its pretty brutal on your shoulder!

I think everyone should own an AK or CETME rifle. They are great fun to shoot and very cheap to purchase for a decent surplus gun. An armed man is a CITIZEN.... and unarmed man is a SUBJECT, and heck.... who doesnt enjoy an afternoon of blowing crap away?

Terry

7. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

It is funny you bring that up. Since I was on the other end of owning these guns I think your statement might be a little off Terry. My upbringing was having a father who was a police officer for 30 years and growing up around guns is probably more of a 2nd nature to me that you can imagine. I have shot a lot of handguns in my life and a few rifles and shotguns also. So I have enough exp to comment that some of those guns don't have a valid use with the exception of fun only.

8. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

Ahhhhhh but isnt "fun" the ultimate reason? I mean really, what better possible reason can there be than FUN.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness..... well, a sunny afternoon spent filling carboard targets full of .308 holes spells happiness in my book!

I could also get into discussing why having a citizenship that is heavily armed is a very valid and useful reality against Govt. tyranny and point out the fact that over the past 100 years in excess of 170 million people have been murdered by their own Govts. after said Govt. having largely disarmed them...... but we dont want to get our fun thread tossed into the black hole of the P&R section now do we?

Terry

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander

Visiting family in Gary, Indiana.

There is no Lamborghini dealership in Gary, BTW.

10. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    You know I tell ya that if I needed a gun like that to go somewhere I would not go.

11. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #87 UroTrash, Nov 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Milled rectangle not present on stamped receivers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #88 andrewmr, Nov 23, 2005

The bottom rifle is good for getting inside (through walls) buildings. The top one get inside everything else.....

13. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael

Terry,

I wouldn't say they have virtually no recoil..... You can shoot them, but you know (feel) it when it goes bang.

Michael

14. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    #90 whart, Nov 23, 2005
    Man, what a bunch of pansies. I've got some real firepower, not those little point and shoot sticks. And, from a hundred or so miles out, there is virtually no recoil. Fallout still poses a bit of a problem but hey, it's a real deterrent. No gang banga ****in' wid me!

15. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Michael.... does yours have the more aggressive muzzle brake? I swear I saw a video of a girl firing a Barrett from a sitting position with the gun on a table resting on its bi-pod and the stock supported, it was fired without her shoulder even in contact with the butt and the weapon moved on slightly. The point of the video was demonstrating the muzzle brake effectivness, but the brake was visually different looking from the one in your pics. I have tried to find the link to the dang video but of course cannot now.

Anyhow.... great collection, I am envious!

Terry

16. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have seen a picture of a friend firing a military special ops issue Barrett and you can see the imprints in the sand from where the bipod moved back about 2 inches with each round.

17. carless

carless Formula Junior

May 20, 2005
    So. Ca.
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #93 carless, Nov 23, 2005
    I can put 500-600 rounds down range from my .50 cal with no recoil problem. Plus I have no muzzle brake. :) My HK in 308 will give you a beating with just a 150 rounds or so. My FAL has much less recoil. If it is a problem get a AR15 or a AK47 (if don't care about the round dropping like a rock after 300-400 yards). STOP! I have a AK47, (cheap stamped Romanian just like my HK) and its a great gun. Just not a long range one.

18. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael

Terry,

Mine is one of the older style rifles (and brake), the newer style brake does a better job. In talking with the guys at Barrett they said it would help, a little. I do plan on sending the rifle back to them and have them update the brake and a couple of other pieces. And try to sweet talk them into sending me an upper from their XM109 :)

Someone else mentioned the kick of their HK and I too think it kicks sharper than the 50. Not as hard, but more violent. Of course I like shooting my .223 as it's so much easier to just squeeze of round after round.

The 50 gives you that punch in your chest that the other two don't.

Michael

19. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #95 thecarreaper, Nov 24, 2005

I LOVE MY AUSTRIAN STG-58 FN-FAL !!!!!!!!!! ( and my UZI'S , and my AR'S, AND MY AK'S .... AND MY .... :) :) :) :) )

mine was full auto, but after i burned out the barrel, i thought it was best to put semi auto guts in it. still registered at Class 3. i wish it was a heavy barrel. mine was made in 1958.

20. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    by the way

i want a semi auto MG34 OR MG42. anybody on the chat have one or any connections to get one ( legally ) let me know. i have a C&R FFL and a state concealed weapons permit. may have to go through a regular FFL but i have that covered too.

i have cash ..... :)

21. carless

carless Formula Junior

May 20, 2005
    So. Ca.
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #97 carless, Nov 24, 2005
  22. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Funny you should mention wanting one of those. I was just at a website the other day that had one for sale....Ahh there we go found it again.
    http://www.autoweapons.com/photos05/sep/1154mg42.html

How cool would one those be to have. They fire so fast.

23. carless

carless Formula Junior

May 20, 2005
    So. Ca.
    Full Name:
    Paul

Thats full auto,and 8 times the price of the semiauto one. But like you said it has a very high rate of fire.

24. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Oh I did not even notice he put semi auto. Sorry about that. I didn't even know they made them in semi auto.