Check out what I got. (gun) | FerrariChat

Check out what I got. (gun)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 96impalaSS, Nov 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Much better than a A2.

2. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
  3. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Nice. What caliber: 308 or 7.62x39?
    Either way, great for squirrels and border patroling! :)

4. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    LOL squirrel with a .308 isn't even fun, they just kinda explode, well at least with a .270 they did, I imagine 308 is similar... now the border patrol, there is a future in that one.

Kickass weapon you got there, reminds me of a great bumper sticker I saw recently.

Picture of an AK-47, next to it read, "My Assault Rifle isn't ILLEGAL, it's just UNDOCUMENTED". :D

5. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Perfect!
    BTW it's always fun when things explodes. ;)

6. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I like guns as much as the next guy but I do have one question. What in the world do you need a gun like that for?

7. Der Meister

Der Meister Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2005
    Glendora/Prescott
    Full Name:
    Alan
    your not a true belever.... its not why you need it its because you can.

8. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

Are you serious? Why would anyone need a gun like that? It is not like you are going to go out and hunt a deer with it are you? I can totally see it if you were a gun collector but just a 20 something kid there is no reason to have a gun like that. None.

9. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Deer travel in herds you know.

10. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Why have a 300 HP car using the same logic?

11. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

I guess people could always say to take it to the track not to mention that it is almost impossible to not trip over a 300+hp car these days. No one is going to compete in shooting events with an AK47. THe damn gun is a war gun or a gang banger gun. If I ever found out my son had bought one of those (I don't care how old he is at the time) I would break it in two. The is no real valid reason for a gun like that except for death.

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yea it's Romanian. 7.62x39. Actually besides just going out and playing with it's perfect for coyote hunting. And it's really cheap to shoot.

13. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    #14 ASG 86TR, Nov 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just picked this up last month....Walther in 22LR...Mine has an AimPoint vs the scope...Nice toy for indoor target. Bull-pup style with two mags (second in stock)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #15 TexasMike, Nov 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Great choice..!. The Romanian AK variants are very well made. I have a brand new one in storage that's still new in the box. Here is the one I like to have fun with. It's a Norinco Mac 90.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Firepower is like Horsepower...It's better to have far too much, than not quite enough!

16. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    That appears to be a milled rather than stamped receiver, no?

Nice.

17. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

That is the genesis of all guns except shot guns. That is what the second ammendment is all about.

Now why do we have Ferrari's again? Don't give me that track stuff, we know thats just an excuse.

18. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005
    I dont need a gun, I got games for that!

19. rammsteinmatt

rammsteinmatt Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Shinavar
    aparently you dont.

by the same logic:
    why would anyone buy a ferrari, let alone anything above a base kia? they both get you to the same place.
    why do boeing and airbus keep making bigger and faster planes? the tin cans from the 50's did the trick just fine

for the romanian, why buy a weapon like that? to protect your house/property, maybe. to hunt, maybe. for the hell of it and to say you have one. sure

how many fcar owners have garage queens, i'd bet more than the number that have track queens. because to say "ya i have a ferrari" means something. in other circles to say "ya i have a romanian AK [or .50 BMG, MP5 K, .338 lapua, SAW, etc...]" means something. it just so happens that guns are viewed as "dangerous" because their primary purpose is to kill and destroy. but what do you think would happen if some one was hit by a projectile of .03 lbs (200 grains) at 1000 ft/s vs a projectile of 3100 lbs at 88 ft/s (60mph)

i'll take a guess and say that you could survive a handgun wound as opposed to a car hitting you at 60mph. by the same logic we should ban cars, after all they cause at least 50k deaths a year.

20. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I am going this route:

http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=SA58G1&storeid=1&image=sa58g1.gif

The AK is a neat gun and all..... but spray & pray don't hold a candle to really reaching out and touching someone.... I am getting either the classic G1 or perhaps a StG58. Either way, I am going for the heavy weight match barrel, bi-pod and a good Scope.

In all honesty, I will probably be buying an AK as well. Heck, why not? You can pick them up surplus at gun shows for $400 or so. You can buy the 7.62 ammo surplus dirt cheap, mags are cheap, they are tons of fun to shoot and they make great plinking guns for just having some fun.

To the naysayers...... ITS JUST A GUN. No gun in the history of man has ever killed someone all on its own. Just because its mean looking or something doesnt mean squat.... except that it may be more fun to shoot.

Terry

21. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Em, sorry to say this but i was very surprised to read a thread like this. I'm just glad that I live in the UK and not the US. You are all f'n nuts!

22. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    At least with a Ferrari or any other higher HP car they are legal to drive around right? Can you go and carry that gun down to the local store? Nope. Why is that? Like I said before don't get me wrong I do like guns but not gang banger rifles and the like. I have some handguns(pass me downs 9mm Glock, Walther PPK and a Alum Corbra ) and some other rifles but nothing like what is shown in this thread. If you were a collector with a valid permit to own these guns it is a different story but to go out and buy a gun like this is crazy. What are you really going to use it for? Don't tell me to protect your home and family. The Russians are not coming to get you or is the Bloods (well at least not that we know of). If you want something to protect you and your family nothing is more intimidating than the sound a pump shotgun makes NOTHING!

23. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

Hey I live in America and people buying these guns scare the hell out of me. I don't know what the attraction is with them but there is no real need.

24. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Not aimed at anyone but talk about being on a different planet, this just reminds me of what they say about the US and gun crime etc. I understand its the same in a number of countries but i just didnt expect to see the exposure in a car enthusiast site, and yes i know its off topic.

Anyway i dont want to upset any of you guys in case i get my head blown off

:)