Most Excellent Motorized Vehicle as a Kid? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Most Excellent Motorized Vehicle as a Kid?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by venusone, Nov 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andy6789

andy6789 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Milwaukee Wi
    Full Name:
    Andy
    i have 3 mini bike 1 5hp, 1 10hp, 1 6.5hp that i made everything for.1 go kart and 1 4 wheeler, Now working on making a 90cc go kart for my little brother

2. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

My race car.

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Had a go-cart, wish I would have gotten the dirt bike instead. Bought a Blaster about 4 years ago. Owned it for a year and sold it. Loved it, and still wish i had it from time to time.

4. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    #29 Choptop, Nov 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    I'm working on getting a fully restored 1969 mini trail 50. I too had it in yellow as a kid growing up in Indianapolis. I have found a couple yellow ones that are completely restored. The one I want is not for sale yet, but I'm working on the owner! When I get it I will post pics.

6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    ...most excellent!

7. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    When we were racing motorcycles, we got our son (age 4) a very neat Mini Indian - came with training wheels - (that was one scaled down motorcycle)as he got older John had mucho engine work done on it for him.

Carol

8. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    My parents were deathly afraid to let me drive or ride anything motorized when i was a kid, especially after my uncle had an "incident" involving his motorcycle and a gravel driveway before I was ever born, so it was all bikes for me. However I didn't do crazy stuff with them, but I really got my love for speed when I got into the Tamiya radio controlled cars. I had one that was fast as stink and raced it all the time until I got an Assoicated RC-10. But that was the bait that got me hooked.

9. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Go cart progressed into 3-wheelers which then turned in dirt bikes. My mom thought the dirt bike were safer then the 3-wheelers until I passed her in the ditch doing a wheelie.

10. Fred 02

Fred 02 Karting

Aug 12, 2004
    My brother and I both got go-peds in 6th grade..This was before they were mass produced and the giant craze....Pretty sweet at the time, only went 20mph but theres nothing like riding a scooter with a lawnmowerish engine attatched to it!!!

Still have them both, haven't riden them in probably 2 years...bought em with our own money....fun while we used em!!

11. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    '96 Sea Doo XP - bought with money from a few years of mowing lawns, babysitting, and fixing people's computers before high school. Replaced by a '99 XP Limited eventually... then replaced again by a '00 XP Limited after the '99 got burned up in a fire. Still have that one.

12. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    #37 dakharris, Mar 21, 2006
    My dad had a Honda Trail 90 that I learned to ride. But I wanted a "real" bike, so when I was 13 I got a Kawasaki 100! Mine was red.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I won a fiberglass mini '56 T-Bird with an electric motor when I was eight. My dad worked one block from our house so sometimes my mom would walk up to see him in the evenings and I would get to "take the car". I wonder what that little puppy would be worth now. That was in 1956.....

14. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Me and my bro had one also,we painted it blue. Good fun,we could not kill it and only after i had a massive crash,the bike would still start up and run alright,but i bent the handlebars 180 degrees,snapped off the rear brake pedal and the foot pegs down that one side ect.... We then retired the old girl to the dump :(

15. Canut

Canut Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Manuel Canut
    At 7 years old I started racing karts. My first one had a McCulloch 101B; it was fast, probably about 15 HP.
    Mom was smart and never let me have a motorcycle. I guess I must thank her; I would have probably done something really stupid.

16. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    my first motorized vehicle was a 12 ft boat with a 6hp motor , i still have that motor today .. every xmas ,id get something new . go cart, 3 wheeler ,dirt bike,then a stand up jet ski when i was 16 ,after that i worked and bought my own toys, started racing jet skis for a few years after that...

17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Go-cart was my first when I was in 4th grade. My cousin ran it into a tree the same day.

Yamaha Blaster came after my first year in college. Ended up not riding as much as I had hoped and sold to my roomate. Still miss it though, and want another eventually.

18. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    My parents are all about safety.. :(

19. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    #44 brent Lachelt, May 3, 2006
    Well it took alittle searching but I found the exact model and color I had as a kid. Looked all over the USA and it turns out there was a guy in the town where I live that had recently restored one and was willing to sell it. Imagine that! 1969 Honda Minitrail Z50 K1. Who says you can't go back to your childhood, it's amazing riding this again.

20. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Pow pow powerwheels!

21. osuav8r

osuav8r Karting

Feb 16, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Alan
    ...... But my younger cousin's honda Z50 was an absolute hoot to ride. I think it was because you could ride the piss out of it and it wouldn't go fast enough to scare you. Also, it was so low to the ground that if you crashed, you didn't have far to fall. We freaking abused that thing too and it lasted probably a good six years before it started having any problems at all. For a kid learning to ride, the transmission that you have to shift but without the hand clutch is a nice thing to have. It is basically an updated version of the trail 50. Had more fun on that little bike than on just about anything else I had.

22. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    #47 ASG 86TR, May 4, 2006
  23. Xeno

Xeno Rookie

May 11, 2005
    Brand new 1973 John Deere snowmobile. I went everywhere

24. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    Green Machine, long twisty steep driveway...

25. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    Oops, Motorized: I had a Honda S90, which is probably still in Warren's garage in Boston.