Even Crazier - 400i Daily Driver in Manhattan! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Even Crazier - 400i Daily Driver in Manhattan!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by aleventhal, Nov 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Truer words have not been spoken!!!

Alex

2. aleventhal

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Actually, I think this will be the cheapest car I have ever owned...no depreciation totally changes the equation. I bought my a8l new when they came our for $80ish, drove it for a year, and got 52k on trade - this car COST less than that one depreciated in a year - I can't afford NOT to drive a Ferrari everyday! :)

Alex

3. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Alevanthal,
    I totally agree. It's absolutely disgusting how much newer highline cars depreciate in a year. A buddy of mine bought the Cadillac XLR, paid about 80 grand for it. A year later and 9,000 miles still in perfect shape he tried to sell it and all he could get was 50 for it.
    Good luck with the 400I. The only thing you might get sick of, is having to fill it up so often. I had an xjs v12 as a daily driver (similar platform since they both have the long geared GM transmission, I could get 64mph in first gear), and that was one thing that got old. Especially since the around town performance wasn't worth the 10 miles to a gallon that I was getting. It was like I was throwing money out the window. Now on the freeway it was a different story. On long trips you can absolutely haul azz in absolute comfort, and with the quiet turbine like sound of a 12 cyl, it's like your in a jet.

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I just love your license plate !!!

5. jmiles360

jmiles360 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    J. Miles
    Good luck driving in NYC.
    I remember reading a while ago in some magazine article that a guy drove a 250GT SWB in NYC as a daily driver when the car was new. I believe it said that for a year, the 250 was his only car! Does anyone else remember coming across this?

6. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I like your custom "curled" front plate! Looks just like the one on our Mondial...custom modified from periodic ground contact! It's like a feeler guage for your spoiler!

Birdman

7. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Great looking car - love the plates :D:D:D

8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I don't know about an SWB, but I believe Tom Shaughnessy posted about having a 365 BB as his only car in NYC for a couple of years.

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    When things weren't bumper to bumper, i used to love driving in NYC... It's hell on any car, but it's still a lot of fun, especially in the middle of the night... i remember this one time, there was this metal ramp and... uh, nevermind...

Alex, i think it's high time i went to NY...

10. aleventhal

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    When are you coming? I already told you that you could drive the Dino and 365BB if you ever show up here! :)

Oh - and yes Shaugnessy did have a 365bb daily when he lived in NY...don't think I will ever be that brave / crazy, even though I own one, but I am loving the 400i.

Alex

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    When i figure it out, i'll let you know... Drive a Dino and a 365 Boxer...?!? i should leave right now...!!! Gerald would probably be pissed though... :) i'll get up there soon though... The thought of driving a Dino AND a 365 Boxer - in the same day, no less! - is more than i can handle... i won't be able to get anything done for the rest of the day...