Wife driving Ferrari | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Wife driving Ferrari

Discussion in '360/430' started by livnxs, Nov 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    My wife drives the 355 spider all the time. Shes been to a number of track schools and loves it.
    Darrell.

2. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    In '89 my dad picked went to pick up one of his 328's from the dealer (algar for locals).My mom went with him, so they got me and my sister a baby sitter ( I was 7 or something, so my sister was only 10). When they got back (with the hour old car), my mom drove the babysitter home in the Ferrari. She pulled out of the driveway with the babysitter and left. A few minutes later we started to smell burning. When my mom got back, my dad went to look at the car, and both sides of the rear bumper were black from carbon. She left the e-brake on. From then on, she hasn't driven any of my dads exotics.

* Although the e-brakes in those went down automatically to get out the way of the driver, there's still a BRIGHT RED light in dashboard that said the e-brake was on.

3. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Wife drives all of them. She hates the V8s, not enough power.

Back off guys, she's mine.

4. livnxs

livnxs Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I know she's not driven the Viper, man.

5. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Some Ferraris are suited for women, you used to see alot in the covertible Mondials when they came out, now many younger women I know that have Benzes are considering Ferraris because they have automatics (F1s) since they can't drive a stick on a car thats is.

Still women prefer creature comforts to some extent, so the Ferrari image may be saved somewhat as opposed to becoming a chick car, one hot 30 year old I am seeing had a brand new Maserati Spider that she's gotten rid of because it ran hot and the air didn't work past 100' and shes back to Mercs a similar problem with even new Ferraris though they may not run hot the a/c still sucks, I think I am safe that she won't ask to drive my Ferraris, another girl I was casually dating specifically told me she wanted to borrow my Ferrari to pick up and or tease guys on the road.

6. livnxs

livnxs Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steven
    a/c still sucks
    Mines perfect.

7. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

You are in cool Cali, try it in 120'+ desert.

8. livnxs

livnxs Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I gotcha. lol.

9. sobe

sobe Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2005
    LA/Miami
    #59 sobe, Nov 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    :D

11. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  12. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    Cat & I were there, she drove the Porsche. Too bad we didn't meet up, it would be nice to run into another co-driving couple.

-John

13. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    when my wife asks to drive mine, i tell her STFU and get her ass back into the kitchen....

14. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Roy:

We still need to get together for a little CS fun. Incidently........who is your avatar? Ciao...Dino

15. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    My woman only drives the thing when I am drunk.

12 cylinders or walk

16. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    My wife drives my Ferraris alot. She only drives the F1s. Can't drive manual.

17. wonkazoo

wonkazoo Karting

Aug 23, 2004
    Woodside/RWC
    Full Name:
    David
    If ever I was wondering about the idiocy level of F-chat members- this thread has proven it to me in spades.

F-chat Member Categories:

Category 1: Rich men that get off on the idea that they can own a really expensive recognizable toy that proves to the world that they have a really big willy. Generally stupid, full of themselves, and all in all not very useful.

Category 2: Not so rich men that want to get off on the idea tha someday they will own a really expensive and highly recgnizable toy. Generally stupid, full of themselves, and all in all not very useful.

Category 3: True drivers that relish the feel of the pavement through their steering wheel, even as that feel tells them that they are about to die unless...

Category 4: All others

Suffice it to say that this thread is basically about the pretensions of #'s 1 and 2.

Lilya Litvak managed to shoot down 12 German aircraft before being killed in combat. She faced superior technology, better training, and ohmygosh MEN!! and still managed to kill at least 12 of them before being killed herself. Presumably she could start the 1500HP engine and actually get the plane in the air before her female proclivities got the better of her...

Hanna Reitsch flew the world's first practical helicopter. As a Commercial helicopter pilot I can attest to the difficulty of flying such machines in today's world. Flying the first one ever... In a stadium filled with 50,000 people no less... All I can say is I'm glad it wasn't me. Hanna also made the last flight out of Berlin as the city fell in 1945. Presumably she was too busy menstruating to notice the mayhem erupting around her, and thus somehow found her way to safety??

I personally flew in aerobatic competition against Cecelia Aragon, Debby Rihn-Harvey, Patty Wagstaff, and sadly, Lynn Getschel and Marta Meyer. Each and every one of them could and would fly/drive circles around each and every one of you stupid and chauvanistic idiots. Marta was one of only two women to fly in the SR-71. She was irreverent, she was balls to the wall, and she was very definitely not a man. Some of these women are dead now- the inevitable result of pushing both themselves and their machinery to the limit. (For the record- so are many men. I too came very close, hence my involuntary membership in the Caterpillar Club...)

This thread is as distasteful as it is stupid. My business partner (A male!!) hates my Ferrari. To him it is uncomfortable, noisy, and in general all the things that a Ferrari owner would love. You could not pay me enough money to let him drive my car. Does this mean he is gay, or is not manly?? (His three children who love him to death- along with his wife- don't seem to think he is particularly effeminate. Wait till I tell them that to love a Ferrari is manly, and to not be able to drive/love one is a feminine trait!!)

Wait, I've got a better thread to start: Would you let a black man drive your Ferrari?? (Because of course blacks are only interested in bling, and cannot understand the true meaning of what Ferrari really stands for...)

This thread is stupid people. Stupid Stupid Stupid. I was in Penthouse B and watched as Danica Patrick took out Thomas Scheckter, and then 20 laps later led the field. She was as clueless as she was capable. Yet all the media can focus on is: Woman in man's place!! I cheered and I cried. I cried because I shouldn't have to cheer about something as stupid as a woman being a capable race car driver. Stop objectifying women, stop the inane idea that a woman cannot be a race car driver, and please please please stop pretending that owning or driving a Ferrari is something special. (It really is, but in this case reverence is a much better approach than arrogance.)

Cheers,
    An obviously emasculated dce

18. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    The problem with this thread, this forum and internet communications in general is that for most of the "geniuses" posting, they only see their words in a thought bubble. Because they don't hear them spoken aloud and actually have a live human in close proximity listening to them, they think they are commenting in a vacuum. I can't imagine how much of the drivel that passes for comment could get on here otherwise.

I read the comments in this particular thread and also look at the images that some of the aforementioned geniuses see fit to post, obviously thinking they are really clever and the thought that pops into my mind is the Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear-BBC) phrase "My God ! "

I don't make other people's problems my problem, so I'll continue to sit and watch as the drivel keeps coming.

19. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    My wife can drive my/our Ferraris anytime anywhere. She loves their beautiful looks. Years ago she drove them for a while, but she stopped and switched to SLKs for convenience. She still loves being in the Ferraris, but refuses to drive them.

I was not upset when my wife curbed a wheel, nor was I unhappy when she scraped the whole rear fender against a wall. Mistakes happen it's not as if she did it deliberately, so get it fixed and get over it is my philosophy. When I damage my car either on or off the track the last thing I need is someone mouthing off about it.

20. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    ????????????????????????

21. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    I think this thread is hilarious, just some Ferrari lovers having some fun, why are you getting so uptight! Men have strengths MOST women dont and women have strengths that MOST guys dont. Lets face MOST women are not inclined toward driving or Ferraris etc...DONT EVEN TRY TO ARGUE THAT ONE...NOPE JUST DONT...NO REALLY DONT U'LL LOOSE. There are many "female oriented interests" that guys suck at also. I never found anything wrong with this. Of course there are always exceptions like your pilot examples or female race car drivers etc. and thats ok to. Lay off the feminism...enjoy the cars and go with the flow...guys will never stop poking fun at women and women will never stop poking fun at guys, so get used to it.

22. swiss-Bal

swiss-Bal Rookie

Nov 4, 2005
    I just wanted to say to women driving ferraris enjoy.those who buy a car to make them feel important well i feel sorry for them.I am contemplating a ferrari or a porsche.whichever it is it will be for the beauty of the car and driving pleasure and if my wife wants to drive it well great .lets face it cars can be replaced people cant.
    love your wife and love your ferrari that's what i say,and like some ferrari owners who just want to look at the car but dont drive it or enjoy it.
    i hope you dont just look at your wife,but give her some attention too.

Ferrari or porsche thats my question to you all ?

23. sobe

sobe Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2005
    LA/Miami
    "Ferrari or porsche thats my question to you all "

Ferrari if it is going to be a 430 ... if not Porsche 997TT that is right around the corner .

24. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Obviously your wife is not reading this.....

25. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Maybe she is and shes a really cool wife that has a sense of humour--one that would set an example to all uptight women!