Thinking about riding again..... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thinking about riding again.....

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by johns930, Sep 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gtessier

gtessier Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2004
    OC, CA
    I have to agree with the Ducati supporters. It is the 2-wheel equivalent of a Ferrari. Agree also that they are best with a set of Termi's (50mm) and the cats removed. Sort of like a Ferrari is best with a set of Tubi's - music to the ears. I was once told that you dont hear Ducati coming and going by - you actually can feel it. So true. Ducati = Sex on two wheels.

Jimmy, if you can't wheelie in 4th you need to step up and get a little more power and lighten the bike up a bit. My 998R spec 2002 will wheelie 4th, no problem. ;)

Finally, I have to agree with Dustin. Go back into riding again in the 600cc class and then go big. Any bike in the Liter class can bite you and bite you hard.

2. Valentino Rossi

Sep 26, 2005
    I ride Yamaha because I like try to something different. Honda is easy for me and I like challenge for me. Ducati may be next. I like to also Rally race. Won my 5th championship. -Doctor. Cheers

3. stefano60

stefano60 Karting

Nov 14, 2004
    los angeles, ca
    Full Name:
    stefano
    some things are hard to explain....there is an emotional component involved when you buy a 'toy' like these, so you end up spending too much ... but you also enjoy your purchase a lot - after all, if you are a poser, there are few things better than a nice ducati or a ferrari... :)
    and yes, of course you NEED an aftermarket exhaust!

more importantly, do not let these guys scare you out of it; riding is dangerous, no doubt about it, especially on these freeways where drivers simply do not look/signal/care about anything else on the road.
    however, it is always an exhilarating and rewarding experience.

my main suggestion to you - if you allow me- is to go take a motorcycle riders course, no matter how good a rider you are (or believe you are).

i took one after a hiatus of a few years with no bike; not only i enjoyed it, it actually refreshed my memory on several things that you should really remember once you are out there (i am actually thinking of taking the advanced course too now, and i have been riding for MANY years...).

good luck, ride safe, and ENJOY IT

4. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Is this sort of stuff neccessary? I see that you have an opinion and that you believe motorcycles are dangerous but what I don't see if how you're better able to elucidate that point by posting links to grotesque and disturbing images of dead bodies?
    I just find this sort of shock messaging to be abberant and unnecessary and as a motorcyclist, would appreciate it if you'd refrain from using graphic illustrators to get your points across.

5. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    hmmmm............hahaha...u sound like THAT rossi.

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Hey, I'm a motorcyclist too who has chosen to pretty much hang it up because of an accident that almost ended my life. Sorry, but riding is a very dangerous game and if someone is on the fence about it then they might as well get the whole picture. Admittedly, graphic images may not be the best way to get a point across but if I can make someone think just a little, then maybe it will save their life. I make no apologies of that goal.

7. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    thank u, but if anything, its like having sex with or without rubber..........

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

If you're saying that it's about choice then you're right. Enjoy the ride! :)

9. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I hope you have the same fervor whenever you speak to someone who's going on a train, in a car, on a bicycle or a horse since people do and have died in all those forms of locomotion.

10. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Please. I understand no one likes being reminded of the harsh reality. Enough already, time for you to run along now.

11. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Please? Please yourself you condescending puff. Your mode of reminding people of the harsh realities, is not only spoofish and unduly gortesque but doesn't aid anyone in avoiding an accident, nor is it even informational in any way. If your great cause is to inform everyone, do so in relation and with respect to the precautions they should take, and what details/lessons can be gleaned from your own experience. In essence you come off like a hysterical cream puff; lots of filling, no substance (and you're condescending to boot, which makes your bitterness all the more obvious.)

12. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
  13. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

#38 SrfCity, Oct 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    #39 Hubert, Oct 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey, pseudonym fluffy bags...

Maybe next time around we'll explore the grim realities of your posts and how they're black holes; uninformative voids, linguistic expressions akin to "Hey ya'll watch this." What's that sound you ask? Your post and its ever fading relevance falling into the abyss.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login