My Ferrari vandalized at Concorso. F-chatter involved? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

My Ferrari vandalized at Concorso. F-chatter involved?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mike550, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Wow. Shocking and sad.

Its enough for me. I have been a frequent poster in P&R, but no more. I use my real name openly on here and I never even thought that it could be dangerous! Clearly, I am naive.

P&R is not what it used to be. Now, you have guys posting absolute crazy stuff. Guys who do not own a Ferrari, exhibit no real interest in Ferraris and have NEVER posted in a single thread outside of P&R. Why are they even here? Clearly the answer is to screw with the evil rich and greedy Ferrari owners. Enough.

I have no idea whats the right thing to do. If you ban P&R, you will have those subjects showing up in other sections. Still, perhaps that coupled with heavy moderation would be best. After all, apparently to allow it to continue is actualy dangerous in the real world.

Terry

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    My first motion, someone else can second... :)

As a first step, how about P&R to Subscribed. More enforcement and moderation of both P&R in subscribed and also anything that pops up in Other OT. Healthy political and religion threads may appear now and then, but one step out of line and they're gone, along with the user for awhile too. No *****ing about the heavy moderation, you are the ones asking for the crack down, I was able to live with it from an administrative standpoint.

Related to the other concerns in this thread, we will make "no personal info clear" in our Forum Rules. Please read my announcement.

Good first step???

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Second.

If this happens I will place a sticky in O OT stating in effect, limited political and religious discussion allowed in this forum, thereby allowing some, but still giving leeway for rapid termination of any discussion (By moving it to the private PR).

4. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
  5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think a lot of the P&R postings are as much "sniping" and baiting as thoughtful discussion. If someone is across the table from you, they can be counted on to take at least some responsibility for their assertions. I've had countless face-to-face discussions with people whose views run counter to mine, but there's a civility to it and in the end we shrug it off, pay the bill and go on with our lives.

I think Sunny's idea and Rob's proposal to make it subscriber only, might help. I would second/support that idea.

And for what it's worth, I was also sickened to read that someone keyed Mike's 550. It's been said enough, but vandalism is the depth of cowardice.

Jon

6. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is keying a car?

Clearly it's a bad thing though, and I'm really sorry Mike! Your car is awesome and from what I've seen you're a nice guy. Good luck finding that b@st@rd!

7. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    You take a key and scratch it down the car with the pointy end.

8. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I recently had some punk kids egg my Elise while I had it parked in a friend's driveway in a very nice part of town for 15 minutes... so I know how you feel.

People are ****ing pathetic.

I hope you catch this scumbag and he gets what he deserves.

9. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    Keying a car is taking your keyes and using force to scratch the paint of a car.

10. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Yes.

Dane

11. Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano Karting

May 22, 2002
  12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Anyone that has a problem with Mike550, has a problem with me

We're here for you bud.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Run! Chris is out of jail.

14. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Wow, 10,009 reads in 2 days. Amazing.

Bob S.

15. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    E G G Z A C K L Y !!!

16. Gray Matter

Gray Matter Rookie

Jul 30, 2004
    Portland Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian L
    Sorry for the damage to your car. I am a frequent lurker, rare poster. However, to the point, when exactly do you think this happened? I and several friends were there and took copious amounts of pictures all day long. It is a long shot, but somebody somewhere has a picture of this a**hole next to, possibly damaging your car. Most digital cameras log when the picture is taken. Let me know of anyway I can help.

Brian aka Gray Matter

17. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Rob: I hope that, if I am ever so unfortunate to be on trial, you are not the judge or a member of the jury. All we have is an alleged crime with a possible theory as to how it was committed with no real evidence presented...just intuition on the part of the victim. Until the usual suspects are rounded up and beaten with a rubber hose until one confesses, we shouldn't try and convict the P&R Section. I'm a little surprised that you and so many others are ready to believe that a fellow F-Chatter would do such a thing. Or is this an elaborate scheme to make the disappearance of the P&R Section more tolerable? That theory is just as plausible at this point in time.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    P&R has been an issue and question for a long time. By no means is this specific incident the reason for looking at changes with P&R. Actually, increased enforcement of "no personal information" was more of a direct result along with issues in UK right now. Maybe it deserved its own thread, but I just brought up P&R here because that is were the discussion turned and I had already been contemplating changes anyway.

Lastly, the jury is still out. I'm just now seriously considering a P&R move to Subscribed and more enforcement. Not elimination of P&R at this time.

19. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

HOLY CRAP!!!

I completely agree with this!! (Well, not the rubber hose part.) Who would have thought that possible. Next it will be "dogs and cats, living together, mass hysteria" will reign.

As I said earlier, if it proves to be an fchatter with a grudge from a P&R debate, then take action. Until then, let the P&R guys flog each other.

Dave M.

20. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Wow, I just caught this thread now. I'm really sorry that this has happened to your car. You are handling it as a true gentleman. I hope there is retribution soon.

21. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Dave:

I have always enjoyed our intellegent, if not spirited, debates. Both of us can see other sides to an issue without necessarily agreeing or entirely dismissing them because of their source. However, I ain't gonna sit cross-legged with you and sing Kumbaya!

Dave

22. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Concorso Italiano has been going downhill for a long time, but this is the topper.

I recall in 1987 when it graduated from a club event to an open event.
    Many owners are gathering together elsewhere, with last years FCA Quail event being small, intimate and strictly Ferrari. It was a great group of owners, easy to drive into (without overheating), and had a day that you wished would not end.

23. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Moving it to subscribed would probably be a good decision. But to remove it, as some have suggested, because some can't handle it, is ridiculous.

If what was said in P&R was a reason to vandalize someone's car (and I think it was), then may God help us all.

Let's try and Find this stupid, self-centered, sKumbag, lowlife, little-man loser, and put him/her/them out of their misery.

24. a7see

a7see Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Full Name:
    AL
    Hi Mike, sorry to hear that such unfortunate things happened to your lovely car. It happened to me years ago when I had my Audi TT. Got it for 3 days and my passenger door got keyed. 3 weeks later, all my badges got stolen and keyed all panel to the bare metal in the process. Got my bonnet keyed and then someone walked all over the car from boot, to the roof and then down from the bonnet. Jealousy really is a terrible thing.......once again, my deepest condolenses................hope you get the culprit.

25. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I am too old to sit cross-legged, and I don't know the words to kumbaya.