Ferrari vs Lambo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari vs Lambo

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mark(study), Jul 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Great example, exactly my thoughts.

2. meantestarossa

meantestarossa Karting

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Ron McDaniel
    F430 for me. By the way, is the Gallardo spyders engine bay visible like the F430 spyder?

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Frankly, never likes the Lambo visually. Neither the hard top or convertible strike me as, well, something that is Italian, let alone of refined design. But then again Lambo seems to be about shouting and showing off. At least it is a step forward from the gaudy 80's put-a-wing-everywhere Lambo.

4. dietpepsi

dietpepsi Rookie

Jul 13, 2005
    I am more of an F man. I really like the Lambo. The countach from Cannibal Run still makes me bow down but it's hard the dispute the value for the dollar in the new 430.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The Lambo still looks to squary . Not sensual at all.

6. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    I drove the Gallardo on a track yesterday, what a sweet handling car it is !
    Both cars looks good, the difference is that one looks exotic (Lambo) the other one not.

7. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I think the modern Lambos look like giant dust busters, some more than others.

8. Aruna

Aruna Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    the LA area
    Full Name:
    Aruna
    You mean Cannonball Run.. I like the Mercedes gullwing in the beginning of that movie (Does anyone know if that was an original?). Man. Sweet cars.. I like both the F430 and the new Gallardo spider. They're both growing on me.

9. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Car and Driver just did a test of 5 or 6 super cars and the 430 won hands down. I think the Gallardo came in 4th or 5th.

10. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    G was 2nd, Ford GT was 3rd, 911 Turbo S Cab was 4th, SL65 and DB9 were tied for 5th.

11. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Nice correction. The next Mag article will have the G car #1, the 430 #2. It depends on which rag...er....I mean Mag is doing the testing. Both terrific looking cars, and great performers. My personal taste lies on the side of the G car........I like the hard lines, the angular look.

12. CCampbell

CCampbell Karting

Jul 10, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    not to get all sappy or anything, I just want to jump in and point out that this thread demonstrates how cool everyone is on this board.

I'm TOTALLY impressed that there is a group of Ferrari enthusiasts who can have a "vs Lambo" dialogue - is there a more obviously contentious subject? - that doesn't instantly spin out of control into seventh-grade -level idiocy...

Its a huge credit to the quality of the community here, and testimony to the confidence of FChat members - in themselves and in their cars.

C

[I was just over at an Alfa BB where there was a 'pro-spider' member very seriously insulting some poor GTV6 member --- much to the enjoyment of some of the other members; they aren't just 'piling on' other marques - they are actually eating their own over there - bizarre...]

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  14. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    The Gallardo Roadster looks great! But the F430 Spyder gets my vote! I love The Grigio Silverstone Color on that F430... I think the F430 was the jet they used in the upcoming movie release "Stealth" :)

15. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Why do not Lambos races offen?

16. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    #41 jamie140, Jul 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dustbuster? Got yer giant dustbuster right here, buster!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. c_snapper

c_snapper Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Collin Ng
    put me down as another +1 for the F car.....especially in the soft top race...
    maybe it's the spy pics, but i'm not really down with how the lambo is looking...the ferrari on the other hand just screams "look at me, i'm mean machine, but a sophiscated one...."
    the hard top g is a pretty sick looking machine tho....

seeing a f430 in the flesh tonite was just absolutely AMAZING, wish i heard that thing go....

18. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Mine races "very often".

19. Never

Never Karting
    BANNED

Nov 24, 2004
    Gallardo, and it's not even close.

The F430 is too bland for me, especially in this price bracket, I want to be shocked every time I look at it in the garage and it just doesn't deliver. I've seen two in real life now, sat in one of them, and it is surely a superior car to the 360, no doubt in my mind.

But when you look at it, again, in real life, not some magazine article, all your brain sees is "360 with a bodykit". Shockingly so for me. It's much too close.

The two I saw were dark, one black, the other titanium, which might make their 360 connection too plain to see by hiding the details that red would emphasize, but still...Ferrari got conservative on this car, can't kill the golden volume $$$ goose, instead of taking a chance as Lambo did with the G by going extreme.

Great to have them both on equal footing and going at it, Ferrari has gotten far too soft, and too complacent, in their designs of late besides the Enzo.

20. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    They're differen't cars as well and that's why before you buy one you should drive them both. I perfer the way the 430 drives but like the G's looks better.
    BTW I perfer driving a Ford GT over either one and as C&D reported it's a lot faster than both of them in a straight line and on the track and the price of those is coming down fast and is below either one of them also.

The G does have one advantage. Anyone can buy one no waiting at msrp.

21. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I think there is some small room for haggling too.

Spicy likes them, but she says it is too much car for her skill level.

22. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The F sounds much better too and is RWD.

No contest .

23. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    I love them both. But I'd take the Ferrari, thank you.

24. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    So how much do you Ferrari guys love Lambo?

Last time, the 360 took 5 years.. and some guys still didn't get their cars from "The List".
    Spyders stayed above MSRP and out of reach for years.

Ferrari is going to make 20,000 430's and the dealers claim they're all sold.
    (Ferrari dealers didn't like "The List" last time. This time, its better to tell new buyers the list is full... and then dish out cars that mysteriously end up at "The New Auto Toy Store" a few weeks later at true market price $375k. Dealers learned to keep more control over hot 430's this time. Even if they have to sneak them to secondary market via.. their "best customers".)

After looking at this thread it looks like a large part of ferrari guys think the next Lambo will be a hit!

So lets say Lambo makes 15,000 cars....

Now you have 35,000 V8/V10 to choose from over the next 6 years....and you should be able to get your car quicker, or at less of a mark-up over MSRP ( after the first year of "flippers" and "got to be first guys")

Seems Ferrari loses a little control on keeping inventory low...as smart buyers now have more choices for their Italian Exotic.

If you don't like the way ferrari screws people with "the list"
    Buy a Lambo this time... and Ferrari might be a little more friendly 6 years from now when they need to sell their next car :)

25. Tony Liokossis

Tony Liokossis Karting

Nov 12, 2004
    I'm a HUGE fan of the Gallardo, especailly after I saw one for the first time in the flesh last month. That's what makes the 430 so remarkable, I actually the 430 better. Now, not to sound ridiculous, but I can't picture ever getting the Lambo because there is zero room in the boot - it's all the 4WD gear in the front - you can't go anywhere for the weekend b/c you can't bring any clothes! There has to be at least a smidgen of practicality so you can use the damn thing.