Your Formerly Owned Car Seen on the Street? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Your Formerly Owned Car Seen on the Street?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by venusone, Jul 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Yep, I still have dial up & it takes me a few minutes. Yours is the 1st honest reponse I've had. Yeah, this is a big pond & I have no big fish but my custom built rods that I've molded by my own design. These are "classic" modified cars respected in the Japanese car world but clearly not here. Sorry to bother you w/ the beautiful & ridiculously fast cars in my driveway. My Ferrari respectfully sits back to watch each weekend. Surely you have other cars? Maybe you started somewhere & followed IMSA or WSC cars & still have them.

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    #27 Etcetera, Jul 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Never mind.

4. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge

In all fairness to Matteo, Darth (FarmerDave and CMY too), I have not experienced the negative reactions that seem to arise in many of your threads and don't believe it's a woman vs. man cave thing and I'm pretty sure I've been on this board as long or longer than you have. I think the guys who know me personally will attest that I'm a pretty opinionated, stubborn, vocal and independent pain the ass (PIA as my dad affectionately calls me) so I don't think it's about me be a passive and shy woman who doesn't challenge others opinions or view when mine differ.

There is definitely something about the content or style of interaction with your posts that seems to rub many people the wrong way. It's a bit painful to me see the reactions that some of the members have to some of your posts, but if it doesn't bother you then, hey, you are a big girl. Go to it. I really don't think the negative feedback is about being a "guys vs. girl" issue. I wish I had the answers but if anything, I hope it gives you something to think about and take some time to mull over. I am sorry you feel like you have to put on your boxing gloves and defend everything that you perceive as challenging or disagreeable.

I'm not trying to start an argument, just trying to give you different perspective.

5. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    If we only have to live through this "strange cooincidence" every 6 months or so I guess I will be ok. Are you going to be posting this everytime you see your neighbors car (with the cute little unicorn sticker)? If so - perhaps we can make this thread sticky.

6. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I think you will find I am not the one negative or converse in the post. dick heads seem to just flow over w/ their comments. I am just here trying to talk to "normal" guys. I do this quite well on the job & have done so for 20 years. No problem. What does that say?

7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I think it says that you are blessed with knowing a swell bunch of chaps who like talking about unicorns.

For twenty years.

8. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge

O.k. It's never you and always the other guys - the dickheads have singled you out from the rest of us? Does that really sound right to you? Why do you feel that you have to support your statement by professing your successful job performance - you are paid to do your job. There is incentive for you to think twice before saying or doing something that would jeopardize your employment. Your job performance, prior history with others, previous boyfriends, and whatever else that you deem validates your goodness/innocence is irrelevent and doesn't have dick to do with the reality of what IS happening on this board and the feedback you are receiving.

Sigh. Nevermind. I'm sure there is another defensive quip on it's way. Good luck to you.

9. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    well put frances. thank you !! hope all is well with you.

10. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Well, last I checked, the Ferrari "Unicorn" wasn't a Unicorn. So, either we are not normal...or..................there is someone else here with an extra unicorn(of sorts).

11. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    He's talking about the first post in the thread..

12. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    you missed the first two quotes?

They are like a bad run on sentance..or a venusone post.

13. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    But she's a college graduate.. surely she's familar with proper sentence structure and grammar. Of course, I don't know what the requirements are to earn a P.E. degree from Devry..

C.

14. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    coughroidscough.

Been a tough summer season here..Colds abound.

15. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Pulse, SSN, and unbounced checks.

Final Jeopardy question when I was in high school.

16. j15

j15 F1 Rookie

Jan 5, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Jeh
    I don't even know you, i only just read this thread, and im already getting a headache reading those posts

17. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Hmmm - it says you are at least 20?

18. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Yeah I stopped at that point.

19. Dwayne's World

Dwayne's World Karting

Nov 10, 2004
    Selinsgrove, PA
    Full Name:
    Dwayne Blew
    If your keys didn't work with his car, how did his keys work for your car?