Your Formerly Owned Car Seen on the Street? | FerrariChat

Your Formerly Owned Car Seen on the Street?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by venusone, Jul 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Just saw my 79 Mustang, I had custom painted & striped, running strong on the T street next to mine. Still had my tiny window sticker (a stained glass unicorn) on the bottom of the hatch window. I sold the car in 1990. How strange is that?

2. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
  4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    *clap*
    *clap*
    *clap*

5. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
  6. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Obviously your previous cars are not distinctive.

7. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    So go buy a Ford from the factory & tell the story.

8. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Karen,

1. We all know you are a body builder.
    2. We all know you own a souped up Z, and some other sort of racecar.
    3. We all know that your friend owned a real live 250 GTO.
    4. We all know that your father loved you and you loved him, and that he would have wanted you to buy your 328 with your inheritance. A heartwarming story if there ever was one.

Is there anything I'm missing? Because that pretty much sums up the content of 90% of your posts on Fchat.

9. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    BTW: My Mustang was custom built at the factory. Colors & striping were all my design. It was an "only" car. Graduation gift from dad.

10. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    If I cared one lick about those cars, they'd still be in my garage.

11. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    why did you sell it then?

12. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Before this goes any further, I hold no ill will toward you, Karen. In fact, I really feel that Darth and Matteo go WAAAAYYYYYYY over the line in harassing you. But you feed their wrath voluntarily, so I choose not to defend you.

I just get tired of reading the same old stuff sometimes!

13. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    The custom factory built Mustang was for a college grauation gift. Yep, I have 4 great cars in my driveway. All but the Ferrari I HAVE BUILT MYSELF from stock into street racers. Yep, I can do the work. WHAT????

14. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I was buying a house & had 3 other cars. Not the fastest year for Mustang.

15. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Karen, please don't take this the wrong way.

I think it's way cool that you built racecars on your own! I think it's way cool that you have a 328! I think it's way cool that your friend owned #3387, a car which I am building a 1:12 scale replica of right now!

I just think you sound like a broken record when you tell these stories for the tenth time. :(

edit: I'm not posting any more on this thread, because I don't think it's going anywhere positive. I've said what I wanted to say. I hope you see where I'm coming from Karen.

16. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Why in the hell would I post about it twice if the guy lived by me? (I think there's a third time, but going through your posts is somewhat tedious)

That's not a freaky coincidence, it's life!

Please get out of your house, town, gym, garage, or wherever else you frequent on a regular basis so that you can re-hash some new stuff to us. You don't seem like a mean person, but I'm honestly shocked how many times you can work in a reference to an RX-7, your dead parents, a 240Z, bodybuilding, etc in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with any of those topics.

Does the lack of positive feedback to your posts even register with you?

C.

17. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004

So just don't respond. Matteo & Darth do it to light up the post & fire a woman vs man cave thing that is discussing. I would hope you would respond if you had interest. I would resond to your posts if they interested me. You think I'm going to research every post you've made before I respond? Thats just no fun.

18. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Has ANYONE on here EVER challenged you on this? Drop it!

We've never made gender an issue and yet it's continually hinted that we're sexist pigs when, in fact, we're not even impressed that you can work on cars!

C.

19. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Well now, how many classic cars do you have in your driveway? Basically I might just take down your Ferrari (you you even have one) w/ one of these modified hot rods I keep. Ah, they are all sportscars & you should respect that. What really bothers you about my posts?

20. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    You have been the one to start the beef. I'm just happy to chat w/ you guys.

21. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I challenge you to quote one post of mine were I started some bull$hit negative post like I've received from this forum. Go ahead, make my day. I dish no dirt. Play nice w/ others. What about you?

22. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I respect your sports cars, but I'd hardly call them 'classic hot rods' by the standard definition. Maybe I'm wrong and you'll get an invite to Pebble Beach this year, but I'll stick to my guns on this in the meantime.

I posted a pic of my own car in a previous thread not so long ago, if you weren't so busy plucking chest hairs at the time you probably would've noticed.

What bothers me about your posts? Too much repetition and that you must seek validation for your existence every single time you chime in on something. You might be well-known in your hometown, but this is a much bigger pond and (**shocker**) some of us just aren't impressed. Start communicating like a normal human being and we'd be getting somewhere.

C.

23. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    farmer dave and cmy--------- i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol
    i was going to ask venue, body builder, sports cars mechanic, is there a penis involved anywhere here ???

24. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    You want to know what's really weird?

My neighbors and I had identical swedish sh!tmobiles.

I pulled in next to him one day at the local quickie mart, dashed in and bought something.

I came out and he was gone.

Not a big deal.

I jumped into my car, and whaddaya know? The keys didn't work.

So I got back out and waited.

And waited.

And waited some more.

Eventually he came tooling along, parked, and hopped out of the car with a big sheepish grin.

I said, "I was wondering when you'd come back with my car!"

He said, "Yeah! I couldn't understand why my garage door opener was opening your garage door!"

So yes, it is weird seeing the car you own being driven by someone else.

25. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Guys, leave Karen alone.

At least she posts in the proper forums now!