Ferrari 412 i was sold at Brooks in monaco | FerrariChat

Ferrari 412 i was sold at Brooks in monaco

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by abavai, Jun 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Hi! I am looking pictures of the silver ferrari 412 i sold in Monaco at brooks auction.
    For me a Ferrai 15000 E 412 i is very cheap, too cheap.
    Have you driven this 2+2 ferrari? I want to read opinion of sensations to drive this car.
    thanks!

2. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Cheap to buy.
    Expensive to run.
    Difficult to sell on.

I do love them though.

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I had a 1977 400GT five speed and it was a great car. I drove it about 20k miles over 3 years and had no problems whatsoever.

4. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    That might be a little cheap by European standards for a 412, but I don't think by much, depending on its condition. Its condition and service needs will determine whether that is cheap or not.

The 400/400i/412 series seems to always trade cheaper in Europe than in the U.S., most likely because they never needed to incur $15-20K of EPA/DOT federalization costs to permit being brought into the U.S. Even though that cost is a sunk cost and should be irrelevant to a new buyer, it does seem true that properly federalized cars already in the U.S. sell for more than their equivalent in Europe. Chalk it up to that, different market dynamics, supply and demand, whatever.

The number of those cars in the U.S. will not increase because, even with the lower Euro price, it doesn't make sense to import one now.

John