A source for 308 space saver spares! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A source for 308 space saver spares!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Birdman, Jun 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #26 enjoythemusic, Jun 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ya know, some days i just get tired of seeing all this cr@p, er um, stuff just sitting around here gathering dust. So in a moment of insanity and haste...

Heck, must have over 8 pairs of very $ audiophile speakers in boxes here... So it is MY fault for jumping the gun and in haste posting a for sale. Must learn to temper things... IF you guys were REALLY smart you'd come here with cash in hand like XXXX did when Verell and i changed out my front brakes. He got a good deal ($500 for both OEM front rotors and calipers including Goodridge steel braided lines).

Timing is EVERYTHING... If you had showed up the day the BIG DUMPSTER arrived here a few months back you coulda had a full set of OEM metric rims with tires... for free.

Ummm... anyone need some home speakers? i have this pair made by Pininfarina in Ferrari red... And anyone need some 308 rear rotors... And then there are...

GEEEEEEZE, how do i allow all this stuff to gather here???

Now that i feel ashamed... the last time i had a 'garage sale' people were dumbfounded. There were no typical junk pile, yet virtually new MP3 players, speakers, tube amps, awesome car audio goodies, new computer printers in boxes... Wives were depressed but husbands were happy and teens were phoning their friends begging for loans...

Oh, the Pininfarina speakers are below just to TEASE YOU :>
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Steve
    I have the same spare buried in my garage. What is the tire size?
    Philip

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Me? The tire on the spare here looks BRAND NEW and never used. The says:

Michelin
    Made in France (?!!!?)
    105 R 18 X

You have spare rubber???

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy

Charles, Is there ANYTHING you cannot make? :)

5. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    My PO had lost the bolt, so I had to resort to HomeDepot's bolt selection and large washer.

6. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I bought mine to get room for my amp and CD changer. It was a huge help in there for that. Problem now is the thing won't fit over my brembos in front. I carry a can of fix a flat and hope that if one goes flat, it will be a back one.

7. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    So nobody has any clue if this 328 large offset spare will fit on a 308, huh?

Birdman

8. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Goodyear just called me back. They still make the 105/80-R18 and it can be ordered at any Goodyear dealer. If the dealer tells you they can't get it, tell them yes they can, call Goodyear customer service. Oh, and here is the bad part....the Retail price on that tire is $295! ("But it will be cheaper through a dealer...") I expect you are looking at $200 for this tire. Add that to $200 for the spare, plus $50 shipping, don't forget mounting and balancing, and you are talking $500 for the space saver spare. Honestly, not a bad price considering that it is brand spankin' new. But still a lot more expensive than I was planning....

Hey Mike, if that spare doesn't fit you brakes......

Birdman

9. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Birdman,
    If we don't get an answer to this question by the next time I see you (most likely the BBQ), we can always try my spare on your car.

You might want to check with Tire Rack and/or DTD for the spares. May have them at a better price.

Troy

10. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Just thought of a much better option for tires. If they're still making the tire, old Ferrari's can't be the only cars that take a 105/80-R18 for the spare. All you need to do is find another vehicle that has that size spare and visit your local junkyard. Then have the rubber transferred to the Ferrari wheel. Will undoubtedly be much cheaper. Assuming the wheel fits...

11. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I know I've seen it, but I can't remember if you got the euro Campy one like Steven's, or if you got a 328 spare.

I'll have to check that... if it doesn't fit over the Brembos, it may be going back up for sale!!

12. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    First dibs!

13. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Troy,
    Great idea!! You have the convex wheels on yours?

Tire rack said they could get the tire...I tried them first. Oh well.

Jonathan

14. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Convex wheels, no ABS. I prefer the concave, but I don't have the stamina that Augustine has for 328's. My next Ferrari will not be a 328.

As an aside, Audi A4 Quattros did not have 105/80-18 spares.

Troy

15. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    When I called Tire Rack, they told me they could NOT get the tire!! :(

16. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    OK! :p

17. JamesH

JamesH Formula Junior

May 11, 2001
    San Carlos, Californ
    Full Name:
    James Hom
    Anyone want to trade a ABS328 space saver for a Euro 308 space saver.

James

18. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    That's what I was trying to type..my fingers can't keep up with my brain. Tire Rack had no clue what I was even talking about when I mentioned a 105/80-R18.

Birdman

19. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    I have a new mounted spare for a 328, it may have a couple paint chips from being moved around my garage a bunch of times. I need to get $400.00 for it, if anyone is interested let me know.
    Mark

20. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    #45 8valve, Jun 16, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Mike, that was me! I agree that the wheel needs refinishing on the outside, inside is in excellent condition though. The tyre however is unused and in mint condition. It has a waxy deposit on it (the sidewalls), looks like a preservative has been applied.This can be removed easily. I'm still interested in a trade for a 16"wheel (7j magnesium Cromodora or 8j alloy)BTW, shipping a wheel across the pond is about $40 if you're not in a hurry!Here's some pics of what I have:

21. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Hi Mick! Sorry I was wrong about the tire... I can't remember if I misunderstood or if I just presumed it from the pictures you'd emailed.

I talked to Dr. Cogrove today and his spare that does not work with the Brembo big brake kit as posted earlier in this thread *is* a Dino "campy" wheel like yours, so I can't use it, but I'd bet someone here would like to take you up on that trade offer. For those of you reading this, I've had dealings with Mick before, and he's a pleasure to work with -- no worries there!

When I get back from the Indy Formula One event, I still have to check out if the 328 compact spare will work with my new brake setup -- it may not either.

22. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
  23. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
  24. wolftalk

wolftalk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    san franciso area
    Full Name:
    phil
    I've been looking for the 105/80/R18 tire (I have the rim) for a while, and sorta gave up when goodyear told me a year ago it was NLA.

An early comment that it was available sent me off to a goodyear dealer to try and order one. They had two models to choose from....they are both intended for farm equipment:
    http://www.goodyearag.com/cfmx/web/farm_selector/results.cfm?size=10.5%2F80-18

if the rim mounting is the same, sure would make an interesting spare :)

so, for people who have been told that the tire is available from goodyear (mine was made in germany), has it been confirmed they are talking about a temp spare tire?

anyone have a goodyear part number?

There is also some question about a temp spare tire option for the 355.
    The rim was ferrari part #165440, and the tires were 115/85/R18 fpart numbers 133815 and superceded by 167211. Dealer said NLA.

25. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Wolf,
    I sent Goodyear and e-mail and they called me back the other day. I talked to the guy on the phone, gave him the tire specs, told him that the tire was for a space saver spare for a Ferrari and was supposed as OEM by Goodyear for the car. He looked it up and said it is ABSOLUTELY still available and could be ordered by any Goodyear dealer. If the dealer claims he can't get it, tell them YES THEY CAN and make them call Goodyear customer service. The problem was the list price of $295!

Birdman