Discuss your favorite ROCK MUSIC! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Discuss your favorite ROCK MUSIC!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JSinNOLA, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    i saw them at Roseland 2 years ago, the played almost every song from blue, green, and pinkerton. It was amazing. Roseland is such a great place to see bands.

Mike did u live in NY?

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Hey Mike, Unwritten Law is pretty huge down there, right? At least, that's what the guys told me. ;)

3. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    The show I was at was right before Green came out... the Yahoo! tour I think??? I've seen them all over the place though... Philly, Virginia, NYC, NJ.

I went to school in Newark, but my family's from NY (Queens, Brooklyn).

Dave... my "15 minutes" was the height of my website's popularity. I had a fan site (Mike's World of Weezer) that pretty much every internet-going Weezer fan in the universe knew. I can't tell you how many times I would hear, "Oh my God, you're MIKE?!" at Weezer shows. It was such an ego trip. I'd say to my family, "do you have hundreds of thousands of people around the world that know YOUR name?" LOL...

4. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Been out of the scene for a lonnnng time. The only quasi-punk show I've been to recently was Flogging Molly this past St. Patricks Day. :)

I hear ya on college radio show politics. I had a radio show that played all swing stuff. The station manager hated me cause I didn't "spin techno".

5. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Oh man, that must have been a rowdy one. Flogging Molly is an enigma to me: I don't care much for their studio recorded sound, but live, they are phenominal.

I had a good St. Paddy's Day too, with those other irish influenced punk rockers, Dropkick Murphys. My favourite band of all time.

getting back to the topic of how we like our rock, I seem to like it in combinations:

Celtic Traditional + Punk + Rock = DKM, the Real McKenzies

Country + Punk + Rock = Supersuckers, Social Distortion

Rock on dudes :cool:

6. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    great thread idea. theres too many to list so ill just post a few (seriously)

acdc, the used, led zeppelin, lynard skynard, black sabbath, the pixies, audioslave, taking back sunday, afi, rise against, nirvana, social d, bad religion, offspring, dead kennedys, the clash, sex pistols, foof fighters, pink floyd, pearl jam, incubus, nine inch nails, system of a down, rage against the machine, queen, queens of the stone age, rancid, chili peppers, mxpx, van halen, and the list goes on and on and on.....

7. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Ah, brings back college memories. I saw them a bunch of years ago - THAT was a rowdy show. I can still picture them playing Boys on the Docks like it was yesterday.

8. HIGHROLLERM85

HIGHROLLERM85 Karting

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I like Rage Against the Machine and The Smashing pumpkins

Fav RATM songs
    -Killin in the name
    -Know your Enemy
    -Freedom
    -Down Rodeo
    -Bombtrack
    -Testify
    -Sleap now in the fire
    -Bulls on parade
    -Bullet in the head
    Fav pumpkins song
    -Tonight Tonight
    - Disarm
    -Zero
    -Bullet with buterfly wings
    -the ever lasting gaze

Nirvana, Filter and metallica were good also when they were in they're haydays. There's not a hell of a lot of good Rock Music out nower days. All radiostations play is pop BS from britney spears and ashlee simpson. I hate hip hop.

9. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Went to an Audioslave concert at the Tabernacle in ATL a couple of weeks ago. The best show I have ever been to BY FAR.

They played songs from their first album, 3 from their 2nd album(comes out in a few days) and some Rage songs, as well as some old soundgarden.

Bulls on Parade
    Sleep now in the Fire (crazy hearing chris cornell do the lyrics)
    Killing in the Name of (also unexpected)

As for the Soundgarden songs done...
    Spoonman
    Black Hole Sun (acoustic)
    Outshined (never expected them to go that far back)

I have heard the new Album, titled 'Out of Exile', and it looks very promising.

10. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    What about Suicidal Tendencies, Cycle Sluts From Hell, Gwar, and Hanson.....Can't believe nobody mentioned those triple platinum winners!

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Rock 'n Roll Memory #1:

It was the very first Lollapalooza in Chicago. It had been a long day, especially since beer sales were limited to 1/human. Later in the day my buddy Ed and I went to reload and were excited to learn that beer sales were relaxed to 2-per. We purchased, and were standing there minding our business, holding our two beers each, when we noticed a mob of people slowly moving in our direction. Soon, it engulfed us and stopped, placing us smack dab in the middle of about 50 people. I turned and looked directly into the beady eyes of Perry Farrell. The background was a din of "Aww dude..." and stuff like that. I remember somebody was filming as well. Perry, playing to the crowd, took one of my beers and began to drink it. Well, I was kinda pi$$ed, since it took all day before they would sell two at a time. So naturally my first reaction was to smack it out of his hand, dumping most of it on him in the process. He stuck his face towards me, grimaced and kind of growl/hissed at me. I just said "F**k you--get your own beer." Immediately the mob serpentined onward, I saw him grab some hapless guy's popcorn and toss it in the air, and eventually the group slipped backstage. At that point, we realized that, just perhaps, we could have played along a little better:)

12. UnholyDemon

UnholyDemon Karting

Oct 1, 2004
    Atreyu
    The Beatles
    Led Zeppelin
    Pink Floyd
    Muse (Listen to em!!)
    John Lennon
    Mudvayne
    KoRn
    Cream
    Eric Clapton
    The Who
    The Doors
    Coldplay
    CKY
    Boston
    Bob Seger
    Billy Joel
    A Perfect Circle
    Radiohead
    Kansas
    Sublime
    Green Day
    Dire Straits
    Stratovarius
    Queen
    Poison the Well
    Jack Off Kill
    Offspring
    Incubus
    Gorillaz (Feel Good Inc.)
    Foo Fighters
    RHCP
    AC/DC

13. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Memory #2

My wife's best friend Rachel was in town a couple years ago. She has a half-brother Mike with whom she was really close growing up, but one day their alcoholic dad freaked and took half the kids away. Rachel had begun to contact Mike after about 20 years and it turned out he was a drummer in a rock band. They were playing at House of Blues, so we decided to go. Rachel was nervous, but we talked her into bringing a letter to give Mike letting him know she was there. A short time after delivering the letter, a roadie came to get her along with an extra back stage pass. We let her go see Mike, and his band soon went on stage. I noticed Rachel standing on the back corner of the stage, so I went down to join her. Pretty cool view. After the show they invited the four of us up to their private room. We watched the meet-and-greet, after which they kicked out all the radio station leeches and it was just us and the band. We hung out and partied for a while, and eventually went out to their tour bus. It was wild because Mike and I got separated from the others and I followed him through the gauntlet of fans. He signed every thing put in front of him. His fans loved him, and it was cool to watch from that perspective. Kids would look at me and ask who I was, to which I had to confess "Nobody". My wife was around somewhere, after all. We partied on the bus with them until about 3am, which was funny because Mike's personal roadie was this guy named "Slut" who was the stereotypical rock roadie who's running from his past and can kill a man with his finger. Good guy though.

14. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Just to name a few:
    Chilli Pepers
    System of a Down
    Tool
    Metalica
    The Postal Service
    Radiohead
    Interpol
    Franz Ferdinand...

15. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Memory #3

One of the best shows I've ever seen was a few years ago when the Smashing Pumpkins were preparing to record "Mellon Collie...". They set up four shows at a very small local bar, and tickets were damn near impossible. The place only held about 300 people, but we ended up buying tickets from a radio station charity auction. Best money we ever spent, since it was the last of the 4 shows. They were only supposed to play some acoustic songs, but they ditched that soon for full-on electric. After playing all of their best, they played a full set of songs they were working on for the album they hadn't even recorded yet. It must have been a 3-hour show!

16. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Memory #4

In the early 90's some guys decided to open a jazz club right near Chicago's Cabrini Green housing project. They put a ton of money into this place and were going to make a full-on assault by signing the top acts in the country, determined to make it a success. Unfortunately they were about 10 years ahead of the local economy. My roommates girlfriend at the time (now his wife) had the liquor contract there, so she got us passes to the opening show, which happened to be Stanley Jordan. I'm not a big jazz fan, but I loooooooooove all things guitar. Not only did she get us in, but we were able to go in the side door ahead of time and avoid the line. It was a very small room with folding chairs set up, and we sat front and center. The stage riser was only 10", and we were literally five feet from him while he played. It was an incredible show, needless to say, and sadly the club shut down shortly after.

17. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Memory #5

Probably my favorite of all time. Chicago used to have a "ChicagoFest" at Navy Pier. At the time, my neighbor Tim was Muddy Water's tour manager. The night Muddy played in 1980 we got backstage passes and Tim's mom took myself and Tim's brother Dan, who was my age. We sat stage right the entire show, along with Muddy's family members. I remember late in the set he started introducing his family members onstage, and one by one they got up and walked out. Only myself, Dan and his mom were left sitting there, and Dan started jittering as if Muddy Waters was going to call us up on stage! After the show Tim took us down to the band's trailer, and I got to meet the legend, Muddy Waters, shake his hand and talk to him briefly. He asked me if I wanted a sandwich! I'm glad I saved the backstage passes.

18. 550Maranello575

550Maranello575 Formula 3

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    I remember 2 years ago when Def Leppard came to Seattle. I had front row. Not next to the stage but front row on the side part. My and my brother were having the best time ever. Then during one of their songs thier manager or somone important... I think the guy that introduced them came out from the back stage and handed me and my little brother two guitar picks that said Def Leppard on one side and X 2003-2004 tour. And he said "Joe said to give you these." And Joe is the lead singer. A few minutes before Joe went off the stage then came back on during a Guitar Solo of the song before. And then yeah... the guy gave us them.

19. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm obsessed with Rammstein. I love all german music.

20. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    I like the song "Beserker" by Olaf. ;-)

"My love for you is ticking clock, BESERKER"
    "Would you like to be making f**k, BESERKER"

"did he just say making f**k?"

On a side note..
    I heard "Love & Rockets" last night on the radio for the first time in a long time. I miss those days...

21. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Gotta say Dream Theater (of which everyone in the family likes, including the 4 and 7 year olds) and AudioSlave are tops. A little Alice in Chains too.

22. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Dream Theater
    Queensryche
    Cradle of Filth
    Radiohead
    Pink Floyd
    Nevermore
    Tiamat

23. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    You like Dream Theater? ROCK ON DUDE :D Portnoy and Petrucci are gods :)
    Have the coolest live DVD with them..

(Love Metallica too, great cruise music.)

24. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #74 FarmerDave, May 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. vegas1

vegas1 F1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Australia