Discuss your favorite ROCK MUSIC! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Discuss your favorite ROCK MUSIC!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JSinNOLA, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Allman Bros for southern blues rock. Ah, those dreams that will never be...

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

NINE INCH NAILS?/ YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING............

BRUCE

3. GTO84

GTO84 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Oh my god you like dream theater? HA HA!

Do you have a mullet?
    Do you wear spandex pants and a fanny pack?

4. GTO84

GTO84 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    He can't do s h i t without an effects rack!

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I can't belive nobody has mentioned Van Halen. Lyricaly they are thin..but you cannot deny the guitar work.

6. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I listen to a lot of music types, anything from 50 Cent to Coldplay and Led Zeppelin, I love rock, probably my preferred music genre.

Audioslave. Awsome, I listen to that CD while lifting weights, doing homework, etc. Their disc was the first thing i put on my Ipod. I was watching the movie "Collateral" (sp?) and theirs this scene where Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx are driving and the whole movie Jamie Foxx has been a little bit of the submissive type and in this scene hes starting to revolt against Cruise a little and starts driving faster and faster i his cab, sounds like a mediocre scene, but Audioslave is playing while all this is going on and IMO it just made the whole scene 100x better.

7. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I was riding with my 15 y.o. this evening listening to Allman Bros Live at the Fillmore (or what ever it was called). Hard to believe how good they were.

NYC Fred likes this.
  8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Agreed, I rented Collateral without even knowing that this song was going to be in the film. Perfect placement. Really cool because it is a song that had almost zero radio play. It really fit with the theme they were going for in the flick.

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ah Uro, for one (or two) blurry, fuzzy, stoned-out-of-our-minds moments, a small band of cracker heepies actually thought we could change the world. Given Nixon, Vietnam, the SLS, the world was a pretty screwed up place when the Allman Bros came on the scene. This all sounds really dumb today, but we actually thought that a change was gonna come. Yeah, we were righteous back then. No job, no school, no drivers license, no insurance, no money. But with enough dope and hippie chicks, who needed any of that. Fortunately, there was plenty of that. Man, the stories that we could tell, if only we could remember them.

But it all came crashing down (sorry for the bad pun) by, say, 1976. Guns, Disco and Cocaine changed everything. Those of us who survived (and more than one or two didn't), cut our hair and became doctors, lawyers and indian chiefs.

But, again, for a very short while, the Bros made same great music. Perhaps some of the greatest rocking blues ever.

Dr "Waking up with da blues" Who

NYC Fred likes this.
  10. 550Maranello575

550Maranello575 Formula 3

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    I like Def Leppard. If you listen to all the hair bands, Def Leppard sounds diffrent.

Rush is also one of my favorites. Almost every one of their songs is a story or has a meaning to it.

11. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Aerosmith is my favorite of all time. You have to give credit to any band that can hang around for 30+ years. Plus, they are still making great music. Their last album, Honkin on Bobo, was (imo) one of their best. Right up there with Toys in the Attic.
    But, I do want to go on record saying I would be happy if I never heard Crying, Crazy, or Amazing again. Actually, I could do without the whole Get A Grip album.

12. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    DT isnt like that........................ .. ... ... .. .

Even if they were, i'd still love theire music!

13. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    =w= eezer. rock. Hands down one of the (if not the) most influential rock bands from 94 on.

Also, I can't believe someone mentioned the Dead Milkmen... awesome awesome band, but not one you'd expect to see on a Ferrari message board!

14. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    agree, got their new cd?

15. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    favorite punk band = the hives
    classic rock= vh, skynyrd
    new band= jet
    alternative= pearl jam

have to include the clash in there some where

16. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Agreed!!!!!

The blue album and Pinkerton are freaking outstanding.

The new stuff is good but doesn't hold the same place in my heart. Those tunes bring back some good times.

17. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Yes, saw them twice last week, too. It took a couple of listens for the new CD to really grow on me.... its very Pinkerton-esque. Caveat is that the couple bad songs are REALLY bad.

18. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    i got sweater song on right now. By far my favorite song.

19. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    bastard i wanted to go to those shows, but they sold out in like 10 mins each.

20. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Yes! I think every single person in the world can relate to Pinkerton on some level. The Blue Album is... well... one of the best rock albums of all time.

21. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Right on! I hosted the punk show on a college radio station for a summer. Until I got fired for missing a mandatory meeting. I was such a rebel.

22. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    lol... I used to sell tickets on the side, I'm pretty good at scoring seats. :)

They played almost every Blue Album song at both shows. I still remember seeing them at the Roseland about 5 years ago when they played, "You Gave Your Love to Me Softly" - *******!

23. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Reminds me of something I read on someones sig on some board a long time ago...

"What's punk?" he asked.

I said "Punk isn't a kind of music, or a type of clothes, it's a way of life."

He didn't understand, so I kicked over a trash can, and said "That's punk".

Then he kicked over a trash can and said "That's punk?".

I said "No, that's trendy."

24. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I have a rare Pennsylvanian sled dog.

A MalaMullet...

Why?

25. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I like that.

SLC Punk is such a great movie. I happened to see it around the time I took over that radio show and it helped me overcome the "I'm not punk enough to do this show, I will be taken for a total fraud" feelings that I had. I was playing a little bit newer stuff that I was into(lik Pennywise and NOFX) mixed in with all the "old school" stuff that the previous host played, and I took a phone call the first night off the air and the guy told me that what I was playing sucked. But then a few weeks later a chick asked me about my station TShirt and asked me if I knew the guy who does the punk show cause "He's my favorite DJ."

There went one of my "fifteen minutes". :D