my barn find (2 ferrari's!!) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

my barn find (2 ferrari's!!)

Discussion in 'Europe' started by eurperules, Mar 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    I think I've still got a newspaper article of those cars at home... and a few pics... Will post/scan them later if I find them...
    I'm affraid it will be a real dissapointment when you see those cars these days... The last time I saw them they were already in a bad shape... I doubt it that they improved... :(
    Sorry...

2. rpmtifosi

rpmtifosi Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy
    Maybe you can get them for free!! :)
    But even then..... what on earth are you gonna do with them?
    It's going to cost a fortune to rebuild them! :(

We could make an F-chat racing team maybe?? :)

Guy

3. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Thats the spirit!

4. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Bring me 5 of them!!

Even interesting for parts!!

That would be very interesting.
    :):):):):):)

5. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    That TR must be in a perfect condition if he wants to sell it for 55k euro!

:)

Leave the Mondials! Unless you are looking for a moneypit!

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi:D

7. rpmtifosi

rpmtifosi Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy
    For 55k EURO it should indeed be in perfect shape but i doubt it!! It probably is standing still for a while like the Mondials maybe! :( Not to good for such cars is it!?

Yes, you can use the Mondials for spare parts but..... if the parts don't work anymore? :rolleyes: You only got some rusty bodypanels :)

8. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    mmmm.....did you find so much TR for less then 55K?
    I think 50K is bottomprice for a TR. In NL I know 2 for sale for 49K but are just "regular" cars.

9. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Sorry guys...........I have the feeling you really don't have any id how much parts cost for a Ferrari (mondial).
    Even a simple button can cost lots of money........not because it is special but just because you can't get it anymore.

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Ton,
    should we close this thread now and bann him for 1 week for this **** found:D?

;)

11. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    Why are you all reacting this way guys???

Even if the cars isn't in a perfect shape... and even if they were no P3/4 etc.... then there is still a looot of goodies in spareparts in them... like Roel said.... :)

You all react like kids who sees a biiiig gift under the christmas tree and begin to wonder what it could be because it's big and have some great paper... just to find out it was a sweater fromt aunt Olga :D:D:D:D

Go for it Roel :D

12. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    #87 vince308, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I saw one of the Mondials some years ago in the Gent expo : Painted, really bad painted by an ''artist'', without engine, no interior, some bad "racing wheels", really a piece of sh.t......, sorry

yes, it's still a ferrari, but.........price has really to be cheap, so you can keep it as a "show car".

Let me know the price, if someone know, this cars are for me the real beginning of my Ferrari passion, and maybe, i could be crazy enough to rebould one in his original colors as a show car, you never know.....

by the way : the guy's name was Jean-Pierre Van Rossem, ex owner of the Moneytron F1-team....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Thanks Tina,
    I apprieciate your words!!

14. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    @Vincent,
    thanks for the nice pics

15. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    You are most welcome!!

16. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hear hear...... Why does it have to be a multi million dollar car to be interesting??? Go for it Roel :)
    I would be happy to find just a scratched Bugatti emblem someday :)

17. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Thanks buddy!! :)

18. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    No worries. A great story nonetheless. Please keep us posted regardless.

Vasco.R

19. kinnie

kinnie Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    Belgium - Aarschot
    Full Name:
    Kinnie Van Gelder
    Hi Roel,

I have alsoo seen the cars a few years agoo and I only can say it is true there was one car painted just with a brush, very ugly and bad.

But you do have a point when you say the cars are worth something. Indeed Mondial parts are rare and they are hard to find.

Even more when you want I will come with you to the seller and we can see what we can do about pricing for the both cars, I take one and you take one :) It`s all depending what we can get for the price we must pay for them.

If you want you can contact me by PM

Best Regards to all,
    Kinnie,
    www.ferrariparts.tk

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Interesting that 308 GT4 and 308 GTB race cars are almost sort after and yet these 308 Mondial race cars which actually have race history are seen as scrap ???

The factory had nothing to do with the GT4 and GTB race cars ... so no difference with the Mondial. I think NART did the GT4's and thus I can understand why our American friends get excited about them ... I guess.

Is the view of these Mondial race cars due to their poor performance on the track? ... er, a 308 GT4 or GTB should perform similar, but I guess the NART cars are modified more?

For the right price I'd buy a complete one and historic race it ... not many people actually own a Ferrari with REAL race history, unless you start looking at < 60's Ferraris. This, while a lowly Mondial, makes them atleast more interesting than mere poser road cars ... with mundane history.

Pete

21. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    :(
    Believe me! You wouldn't say this if you had seen the cars some years ago... Certainly the painted one really looked bad... not at all like they look in the older pics... in their glory days when Keke Rosberg, Bertrand Gachot, Harald Huysman, Mauro Bianchi, Pascal Witmeur,... drove these 3.2's in the 24h of Spa '89.

It's certainly not because it are "just" Mondials... I love all Ferrari types but I just don't believe that these examples are still suitable for restoration, it will take a lot of time, money and effort to make them look and drive good again while there are WAY better Mondials on the market!
    Yes, good for parts maybe... but I'm affraid most usefull things will be gone or damaged... Really, I would be surprised if they even drove at this point! And even if they did... you really don't want to drive it the way it looks now... it's ridicilous!

Be careful... don't pay too much... good luck!

Well, maybe I'm totally wrong... the future will tell...

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    And yet if it was a 308GT4 Nart somebody would restore it if only the door hinge bolt was left unrusted on the floor ...

I know most people hate these modern Mondials (compared to its 60's name sake) but this has really highlighted why these cars with almost interesting race history and top line drivers are simply scrap.

Not all Ferraris are good cars ... but Ferraris with REAL race history usually make up for them being duds ;).
    Pete

23. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    As Pete said, these are THE Mondials with race history, just as the few 308sGT/4s. Heck, the 268SP cars didn't do very well either and they're untouchable.
    I think they would be pretty cool to have at the right price, cuz there is no denying the racing provenance. And that, my dear friends, would be an inexpensive (relatively) way into no-kiddin' vintage racing sanctioning bodies.
    It's all about having fun, anyway, isn't it?
    Heck, I just want to see what they did to the engine, gearbox and suspension! Just think - a Mondial with minimal electrical system - a dream come true!!!! :)
    I'm in if no one else is.

24. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    #99 Wolfgang, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ