Discuss your favorite ROCK MUSIC! | FerrariChat

Discuss your favorite ROCK MUSIC!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JSinNOLA, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I am not sure about who I would say has made the best rock music of all time. But if you have your opinion on the subject, PLEASE POST!

I am going to have to say the best modern rock group going today is Audioslave.
    Chris Cornell (former Soundgarden front man) + members of Rage Against the Machine = Audioslave

They have a new album coming out at the end of may. If you use I-tunes you should check out their music. Cornell has one of the best rock voices of all time, IMHO.

What fills your quarry (rocks, lol)?

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I really like Audioslave. I can put that on and just listen all the way through. Not many cd's I can do that with.

3. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    I agree, i like audioslave aswell. But right now, i really like The Offspring and Greenday. Also i'm starting to like Sum 41's older songs. Wut do you guys think of these bands?

4. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    I'm more of a traditional punk rock music kind of guy. Ramones, Dead Milkmen, DKs, Sex Pistols, Social D; anything that rebelled against disco.

"So this is the part of the song where you ask me how I got my car."
    "So how did you get your car?"
    "My parents drove it up from the Bahamas."
    "You're kidding."
    "I must be, the Bahamas are islands."

ag512bbi likes this.
  5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Dream Theater!

DL

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    #6 Wolfgang, Mar 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    NYC Fred likes this.
  7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Alice In Chains, plain and simple. Staleys voice was just so unique and he put a lot of emotion into it. Sadly he couldn't kick his habits, but that doesn't take away from the kind of person he was nor the success he achieved.

Damn, I sound like a dorky fan. **** it. I am and they're my all-time favorite band.

8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hasn't left my car CD changer in about a year, its a daily listener for me!

Ok guys, I have a GREAT site for you two!

www.jeffgarden.com

This guy has live footage taped and posted on his site. Also, there is another section that streams mp3s, and you can hear an interesting Cornell interview from a couple of days ago and listen to the new single off of their upcoming CD.

The 1st release from Audioslave's 2nd album, 'Out of Exile', is a song called 'Be Yourself' Its apparently catching fire on the airwaves!
    Full Album to be released May 24th

9. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    STP, lots of STP in my library. There is much variation from the Core cd through No. 4 which makes their style unique. You can almost hear that STP echo in Velvet Revolver's material, but with Slash on guitar.

EDIT: Is SRV mosty blues? or just a all around mix?

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Blues, Blues/Rock

11. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    #11 F40, Mar 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    I love Tool and Dream Theater.

13. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Bad Religion, ACDC, Rolling Stones and Queen. If Queen is rock... if it is um. What genre is Queen in anyway?

14. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Stuff from, Vitalij Kuprij, Greg Howe, Vinnie Moore, Steve Vai, Tony Macalpine, Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, George Bellas, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc. This is neo classical rock, most of it. I am a very talented player and do not listen to stuff from people who are not really talented and are thought off as great players when in reality they are far from it. Now thats just me, you all listen and like to what you want.

15. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    What are your thoughts on Tom Morello as a player?

16. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I'm ig'ant and that's the way i like it. :)

17. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My favorite rock band of all time has got to be Led Zeppelin.

18. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Faith No More, ACDC with Bon Scott, early Angels, Led Zep, U2, Chain, Thin Lizzy, Guns 'N Roses.

19. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    I mostly stick with the classics, with Led Zeppelin being my favorite. I'll third (4th?) SRV though :)

20. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    NIRVANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

MAKE THAT 2 OF US..............................

22. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    AC/DC is #1 in my book.

Then come some crazy bands like Black Sabbath, Alice In Chains, Marilyn Manson ... etc. I like bands that caused a commotion at some point. That's the whole FU rock attitude I like!! :D

When it comes to more recent stuff, I like Queens Of The Stone Age, Bad Religion, Three Days Grace, Audioslave...

23. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Even though I'm not old enough (38) to have experienced it first hand, I'm pretty much convinced that 1965-1977 (+/- 2 years) was rock's golden age. Even though I respect and enjoy bands like Audioslave, Black Crowes, Pearl Jam, Tool, System of a Down, Green Day, QotSA, AIC etc, everything I regularly listen to tends to be from those 10-12 years. My favourites (sort of in order):

01) Rolling Stones (up to '75, especially everything they did with Jimmy Miller)
    02) Led Zep
    03) The Who
    04) Black Sabbath
    05) Doors
    06) Crosby Stills Nash & Young (and Neil solo as well as with Crazy Horse etc)
    07) Eric Clapton (solo and of course Cream, Blind Faith, Bluesbreakers)
    08) Jimi Hendrix (Experience/Band of Gypsys)
    09) Deep Purple (pre-David Coverversion)
    10) Beatles (especially near the end, i.e. Abbey Road, White Album, Let It Be)

Clichéd as it is, they really don’t make ‘em like they used to (imho).

The other factor that turns me off modern music is how digital editing and auto-tuning are so prevalent now that every band is artificially super tight and every singer has flawless pitch for every single note. You can fax that stuff in. No “feel” at all. Also, maximum compression and mastering engineers' desire to utilize every last "bit" of dynamic range results in a uniformly loud wall of sound from radio where dynamics is a thing of the past.

If anyone can tell me any contemporary bands that have put out anything on the level of e.g. Exile on Main St., Beggar’s Banquet, Let it Bleed, Who’s Next, Déja Vu, Zep I, II, IV and Physical Graffiti, Axis: Bold as Love, Strange Days, etc., let me know and I’ll go and buy it today.

24. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Right Now,

Chevelle is my favorite. I can listen to all of their albums all the way through and love every song, everytime I hear it. They are just that good.

Their Song Vitamin-R is absolutely amazing. And not only do they make great music, but they have excellent videos as well.

Also, another band that probably no one here has heard of would be "In Flames". They come in a close second to Chevelle.

Tool is way up there as well.

Audioslave... ehh... got their cd, listened to it for a while... lost the cd, and didn't care enough to go looking for it. Thats just me. They are definitely talented guys, they just didn't really do it for me.

25. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

24 posts and no mention of Aerosmith or Nine Inch Nails?