Anyone want to buy a 330P4 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Anyone want to buy a 330P4

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by iwanna860monza, Feb 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Thanks for the encouragement.

2. SpiceGlider

SpiceGlider Karting

Jul 30, 2003
    USA, God Bless It
    Glad I could be of assistance......

3. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I just got an email from my good friend on the team, he's on the list to come to Japan and China. I'm 95% sure you'll get some hang time with the team.

4. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Sorry to get back on topic, but if 0858 really ever comes onto the market I sure hope the new owner will keep the CanAm body! I love it.

5. gtofreak

gtofreak Karting

Nov 5, 2004
    Bonaire, N.A.
    Trust me, Walt Medlin, current owner of 0858, will find the money somewhere, even if it is 2 minutes before the public auction starts, and will then get the car back. Ask his attorney, John Kelly of Kelly & Kelly in Ft Lauderdale, he knows him for many years.

6. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    A very minor correction, GTOFreak: John Kelly is a CPA, not an attorney. He's been Medlin's accountant for at least 25 years (that I know). Walter would have been better off on at least one occasion if he had followed Kelly's advice.

O.G.

(For what it's worth, I can personally recommend the firm of Kelly & Kelly, PA., very highly to anyone in or near Fort Lauderdale.)

7. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    GTOFreak,

One other thing: I would suspect that Harley has some financial interest in the car. You have any ideas?

O.G.

8. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    You guys are missing the obvious. If Walter's shed blew away in the hurricane, he has no place to keep it. What better way to store a multi-million dollar car that to let the U.S. Government do it for you, for FREE, inside secure government controlled facilities, until you absolutely have to cough up the cash to stop the auction and take possession. Sounds like Walter is pretty smart.

9. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    Other than the last sentence, your post is totally incorrect. (I'm tempted to say, 'as usual'). 0858 has not been in Medlin's physical possession in years.

10. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    You obviously didn't understand that my posting was meant as a joke. (less stuffing in the shirt, more sense of humor please.)
    But if 0858 hasn't been in his physical possession in years, then I guess that means that he has saved YEARS worth of secure storage fees, eh??

11. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    a well known Ferrari broker told my father several years ago that WM has several, or possibly many, storage places for his cars in central Florida; not just the shed. The broker's first hand impression of WM left him w/ the fear that some of the locations of some of these storage places may be forgotten . . . Does anyone know how old WM is? Surely someone else other than WM knows where all of his cars are?

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I did a search for Walter Medlin in Orange, Osceola, Lake, and Polk counties' Property Tax websites and he only shows up for Polk County (west of Osceola County where Kissimmee is). 8 properties under his name...

13. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    350 Can AM but as you know the government often gets it wrong.

14. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    :)

15. 356racing

356racing Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ
  16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There's that 'fiery crash' again.......LOL!

I didn't realize he'd actually done 'hard time'..............that's getting pretty serious about your Ferrari collection, right there........

Sounds like everybody has the checkbooks out!

17. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    in that article, the following:

"One of the four original cars was destroyed in a fiery crash. One P4 is in a museum in France, and the other belongs to a Canadian collector, who drives it in vintage-racing events."

Mr. G, you'd better call that reporter!

18. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    As is often the case much of what's written in News Papers is wrong. For example the car Mike sold, 0850, for 5 million is a 412 P and it was owned by LS not WM. As for that firery crash. It wasn't a crash and for those of you you are Rossa you can now see and deceide for yourself. I've updated my document to include a photo that ONCE AND FOR ALL answers what 0846 looked like the morning after the fire. This is a new addition so those who've read my document may want to take a look. BTW this photo is copyrighted by Brithish Pathe but I have the right to use it.

Speaking of News Papers one that some of you may have heard of, THe New York Times will have an article on my cars including 0846 next monday in the sporting/auto section. I'm hopefull that they will get it right.

As my friend Mark Donohue said: "When the flag drops the bull**** stops."
    Go to Rossa. Take a look at the new photo I've added.
    What 0846 looked liked the morning after the fire is FOREVER answered.
    That part of the debate is over.
    Best

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I hope Walter does NOT end up like Howard Hughes......that would not have made a very entertaining movie.

THAT was the most disturbing part of the whole article!

We knew the other part wasn't correct!

20. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Just curious about Walter and his Florida Ferraris. Does Florida have a property tax like many other states? If so, the mere act of owning a million dollar car would set you back thousands of additional dollars each year. Multiply that by several million dollars worth of Ferraris and....ouch!!! What's the word on Florida? Do they have a property tax?

21. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Licensed vehicles are not taxable under Florida state property tax laws.

22. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    THAT's where they got him....imagine keeping batteries and tags and registration on all that....Whew!

They reclassified them all as statues .........art works........then POW!

23. Andy

Andy Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    The azcentral.com article indicates that the car has been at Grand Touring Cars in Scottsdale since they restored it 10 years ago. If that's correct, storage wasn't the issue. He's just playing his usual game with the feds.

24. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Sorry if I get on my SOAP box for a moment.......if WM can't appreciate articles of HISTORY, and they are articles of HISTORY, he should not be allowed to have them........if ENZO was alive today and saw what was happening with some of the things he worked hard for, dude would be pissed......DEATH and TAXES are the only guarantees in life, can't cheat death.....and WM should realize that if you try to do the same for taxes....eventually it will catch up with you........the US GOV should just seize all his cars and auction them off, enough of the games.......then again no guarantee they won't fall in the hands of another NUTCASE

25. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    You must be joking. EF give a hoot what happened to a car after it's no longer winning races for him?