your two most respected automakers | Page 2 | FerrariChat

your two most respected automakers

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by botomfeeder, Jan 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Honda. My daily drivers have been Hondas since 1978, and their design and reliability are unsurpassed. My current Civic SI has over 70,000 miles on it and is absolutely bulletproof. The service network used to be a sore point but I get excellent service nowadays. My daily drivers will probably continue to remain Hondas until the end of my days.

The only other exotic I would have considered buying would have been an Acura NS-X. Compared to the 328 it would have been more comfortable, more reliable and far superior ergonomically. But to me the Acura lacks the soul, panache and exclusivity of a Ferrari.

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    1. Bristol, still here and still British (yes Omar)
    2. Lotus, still here.

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    1) AM General
    2) Ferrari

4. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Ferrari - the 90s were the dark days, now I don't have to do magic spells and prayers to see the red car in front.
    Honda - one name... Ayrton Senna (RIP)... one car... McLaren Honda MP4/4... one season... 1988. Enough said!

5. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    Chrysler (now Daimler Chrysler) for the being the first US automaker to have ANY imagination in a long time,

and then Ferrari, for making the most beautiful cars. They are art.

6. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    1. Alfa Romeo, for starting it all 90 years ago with Enzo

2.Ferrari, contuinuing the legend and staying on top yr after yr

7. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    Mercedes Benz-I don't know why exactly. But as far as I'm concerned, they do anything horribly wrong. They don't always make the best things but very rarely does one feel about them like they do about Mr. Bangle. I can't really think of a second.

8. rifter

rifter Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    1)tvr

2)aston martin

9. Tuco

Tuco Karting

Mar 10, 2004
    Texas
    Primo Il compagnia Italiana di cavallino rampante.
    2. Alfa Romeo (hopefully coming to U.S. soon under G.M. umbrella)
    3. Aston Martin (Vanquish is just gorgeous) undecided on the AMV8.

10. drg

drg Rookie

Dec 30, 2004
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Full Name:
    Dan G
    Honda and porsche

11. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    Audi for their engineering prowess... they are essentially the center for engineering R&D for most of Europe.

Aston Martin for style (in spite of being owned by Ford).

Brad

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    MB, They did afterall invent the modern auto & the internal combustion engine. Also they now own McLaren which built the most awesome Supercar in history. Also MB won LeMans many times and was Fangio's favorite. When MB puts their mind to it they just annihilate everybody.

It just Pizzes me off that it took so long to go from the 300SL to the SL55AMG. I mean, come on couldnt they have built any real cool roadsters, Why did they make us wait 4 decades between cool roadsters.

Ford is also very cool. Yes they built a lot of crap but I have to give them A lot of credit for the 427 Cobra, 289 Cobra, Cobra coupe, GT40, GT, 69 Boss Mustang, and now the AM Vanquish, & DB9. those are all some wickedly cool cars

Ferrari of course is great although they pizz me off because they havent had a serious prototype sports car since the 312PB,& that was 1970. The 333SP was cool but it never ruled the world like the 312PB did.

13. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    1. Ferrari- They seem to still wow me all the time.

2. A tie between Panoz and Porsche- Porsche has a longtime in racing. Panoz because of their passion to the cars.