Ever Seen A Ghost? | FerrariChat

Ever Seen A Ghost?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by allanlambo, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #1 allanlambo, Apr 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I just bought my first house and it's in a very old section of a very old town (Haddonfield, NJ). The house itself is 145 years old and the area that I live in is loaded with historical significance. I've done some research into the town and it turns out that there is a lot of "haunted" history around me. I haven't heard or seen anything unusual yet but I'm curious. Has anyone here ever seen a ghost?

3. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I've never seen one, but my fiancee swears one of her old apartments in college was haunted. Weird electrical things, objects being moved, etc. She told me a lot of stories. The most amazing was one time when she left a room and returned to find one of her keys bent in half.

4. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    One of my ex-girlfriend's friends and her family had a lot of stories like that. I've noticed it's always the same few people who have a bunch of ghost stories and not a bunch of people with a few stories. Is there a reason for that???

BTW, I just sold my house that was 115 years old. Never noticed a thing.

Scott

5. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Oh Ya!

1) When I was about 8 or 9 years old, the power went off at our house in San Jose during a huge thunderstorm. I was in the livingroom when the outage struck, looking out the window into the back yard. For about ten seconds, I saw the Virgin Mary out the window next to a small tree. This was TOO real for me to make up in my mind. the image was a deep purple.

2) About a month after my father passed away, I was awoke by a strange sound at exactly 1:30AM (I looked at the clock next to my bed). My father was at the foot of my bed. I said "Dad, are you OK"? He said yes and everything is just fine. He looked real happy and then disapeared. After that, I turned on the light and stayed up until I had to leave for work. I could not get back to sleep.

6. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'd like to add one thing to my last post. I did have some friends from law school (who are normal and I trust completely) that had something really weird happen in their house. Two girls (other law students) rented there before they did and broke their lease because they said the house was haunted. My friends moved in and had a dog. One night while they were sitting in the living room watching T.V., the dog got up and ran over to the staircase and started barking loudly. The dog was looking up toward the top of the stairs as he was barking and moved his head downward as if looking at someone walking down the steps. The dog kept barking and followed the "person" to the door under the stairs that led into the basement.

He said it freaked everyone out but they just kept watching T.V. and that was the end of it.

Scott

7. someday

someday Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Baton Rouge
    Full Name:
    JP
    Wow Peters,

I just lost my Father Christmas night past, I've heard of this happening to people that i talk to about this a whole lot. Some say it could have possibly been in a dream, others say it had to be real. Do you think this could have been one of those "the cars in my driveway" dreams even though it felt extremely real?

Tomorrow makes one month to the day, and not one second of one day has gone by that he has not been on my every thought, but I haven't had one dream with him in it, if I've had dreams at all since. I find that sorta weird.

Josh

8. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Two of my relatives came back as ghosts.

My elderly Great Aunt was pronounced dead by the doctor at around 9 AM. At about 11AM that day my cousin, who was very close to her, saw her waving through the shop window where she worked. My cousin was unaware she had died and waved back but was a little confused how she had made it into town as she was practically a cripple.

Then later that day my Great Uncle, who had been dead about 15 years, appeared to my Aunt and re-assured her that she was being looked after where she was. Needless to say my Aunt was a little shocked!

What a day

9. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    This also relates to Peter's story a bit. A friend of mine lost her boyfriend in a house fire back in high school. That night she had cried herself to sleep. Sometime during the night she was awakened by something brushing across her forehead. She said she looked and saw her boyfriend sitting on the edge of the bed smiling at her. She freaked out and he disappeared.

10. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I was at my friends house in Bronxville, New York and his dog died about a month earlier and we were sitting in the basement and out of the corner of both our eyes we see her sitting on the floor wagging her tail. We both kinda sat motonless for a couple of seconds, then i said "Holy ****" and my friend almost passed out and then the image disappeared. We never told anyone until recently.

Another time i was in Bedford, Ny at another one of my friends houses and we are outside drinking at like 230 in the am. In his woods we see this weird cloud object moving really slowly, then it stops, then like a bullet it does a 180 and disappears in an instant. we could have been seing things due to the alcohol, but we had just started so i still belive that is was a ghost of something.

11. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ive never seen a ghost, but Im pretty sure Ive heard a few things now and then...My Mom, however, has a pretty crazy story.

When she was a teenager in high school her parents loaned her the car for a day to drive to the library to do some research. When she was done at the library she walked out into the parking lot to find that her car just wouldnt start. Her parents would have killed her and taken away her privelage of using the car so my mom started to panic and cry. She said she looked up after a minute and saw a tow truck parked next to her car that she swears she never saw there before (it was after closing and the parking lot was nearly empty). A very nice, clean cut, polite man opened up her hood, fiddled around with something, and the car started at once. My mom asked to repay the man but he simply refused, said good day, and drove off in the truck. The weird part of the story? The name on the side of the tow truck was "Angel's Towing"...a company that wasn't listed anywhere in the yellow pages.

She tells the story much better than I do, but it certainly makes me think...

12. Turner

Turner Karting

Sep 6, 2004
    EC
    Full Name:
    Turner
    I have lived in Haddonfield, NJ for my entire life (all of my 21 years) and have yet to come across a ghost. Although, you could try behind the Borough Hall on Halloween...they used to put on a pretty convincing haunted house.

13. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Probably the weirdest thing to happen to me was when i was in fifth grade. My friend and I went into this bathroom to do that whole Bl##dy Mary bit. We get done saying it and look into his living room, his dog (a big golden lab) stops, turns and looks at us and just charged us for no reason. We slammed the door shut, but it freaked the Shi! out of us!

14. Kboy007

Kboy007 Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    Allen
    Full Name:
    Mike Verinder
    of the above... how many have seen a ghost in daylight???
    why would they "only come out at night????"...
    Why on earth is this even talked about.. since there is absolutely no proof that anything like that exists... all the sightings.. u would think there would be more concrete proof. if any of the ghost stories were true..
    just my thoughts..

hey Uro trash is a doctor.. i would think he would have the best chance of knowing some "pissed off" ghosts. that didnt make it on the operating table..
    thoughts Uro Trash????

15. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Fortunately I have not had an "adverse patient occurance" (doctor-speak for death or severe outcome) so no skeletons in my medical closet! ....so far.....

16. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I haven't *seen* one, but I've heard some crazy stories about people who have.

I have a good friend who grew up in Mexico and when he was a kid (like 7-8), his aunt took him to a witchdoctor and suffice it to say he had a traumatic experience involving voodoo incantations, animal sacrifice, etc. For years during his childhood and teen years he saw many crazy things including spirits of deceased family members, animals were always freaked out by his presence, etc.

I have tons of friends with missionary stories from South America about possessions and dealing with malignant spirits...

17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #17 wax, Jan 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In the series of documentaries (they're not movies), they claim Haddonfiled is in Illinois, but we all know it's really in New Jersey. It's the ghost of Michael Myers... and he's coming for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I can't explain this to this day, but I can assure you the following actually happened and was pretty unnerving.
    When I first started out on my own as an Electrician I got a contract with a local builder to rewire a 500 (ish) year old house currently being refurbished. The house was miles from any other property and looked pretty grim (it always seemed dark inside, no matter where you were in the house). One of the builders remarked that he always felt he was being "watched" and this started all of us on site to speak up, saying we felt the same, but didn't know why.
    During the year long refurbishment several things happened which I will list and shorten to basics:
    1. Tools would go missing and be "found" in places that you hadn't even being working in
    2. We locked all the site "kit" into a room that had no windows or doors and fitted a padlock to the door. I had the ONLY key and, when I got there in the morning, the builders thanked me for going there earlier to get there tools out for them. I hadn't been there since the night before and the padlock was still locked on the door!
    3. On two occasions a woman, who was very well dressed, seen walking from the kitchen to the lounge. Once by the builder and once by a visiting friend of the owner. On the second occasion (the owner) ran into the lounge after the woman but the room was empty. The patio doors were locked and no other way into or out of the room.
    Several other weird happenings occured after these, too long to list.
    I must stress I never saw anything, but always dreaded going there, it just felt uncomfortable. The guy who owned it never ever moved in, and sold it straight after completion.
    I have never been back there since and have no idea what, if any, experiences the new owners have had.
    Friend of mine did some local research and apparently one of the previous owners in mid 1700's topped herself after Hubby was sent to jail for murder and alledgedly couldn't live with the shame and also losing her house.
    Can't explain it and don't want to try. By the way this was 24 years ago and I still wouldn't go back there now.

19. samuel_1

samuel_1 Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    Eagle Glen - So. Cor
    Full Name:
    Samuel Worthington
    The bar I own in downtown Riverside is haunted. There is a lady that everybody sees walking down the hallway in both the day and night. Candles light themselves, JukeBox door opens without making a sound and it is locked with a key. (this when the bar has 30+ people in it and no one sees it happen) The 8 ball was missing from the pool table one morning and I thought somone stole it. I proceeded to unlock the part where the coins drop and in the pan with all the quarters was the 8 ball. You can also hear a baby crying behind the bar. One day I was up in the attic looking for more barstools with just a flashlight. I get halfway thru when I see a shadow move off to my left, as I turned the flashlight to see what it was, my flashlight goes out. Needless to say I screamed like a girl, ran in the dark and dove down the stairs. I never go up there alone anymore.

20. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
  21. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I have beers with the Chupacabra every once in a while.

22. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Just wait till you have to tell them "it can't be saved." Guaranteed heart attack right there.

23. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I once saw the ghost of bigfoot wrestling with a mothman. They were fighting over the last available seat on a UFO leaving for Graceland. Elvis broke up the fight, they boarded the UFO, and Colonel Parker pocketed 40 percent of the airfare. They never made it to Graceland. They crashed into Loch Ness lake.

24. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Unless they have recovered at least part of the reckage, I don't believe you.

25. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Are you mocking us? Don't make me send Chuy over to you house :)