I want to give somethin back..... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I want to give somethin back.....

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Wolfgang, Dec 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Wolfgang,
    Thank you for putting us into position to do something useful.
    Happy new year to you and to all ferrarichat friends.
    Ciao
    Eugenio

2. URicken

URicken Karting

Mar 24, 2003
    Frankfurt am Main
    Full Name:
    Uwe Ricken
    Hallo Matthias,

i agree with you. Lets do the best for this good idea. I've contacted Wolfgang and I promised him to help him in any case.

Dear Matthias,
    i wish you and your family all the best for the new year. If you are in FFM please let me know - we have to have Lunch as promised.

Maybe we can have lunch with Beate. I think she will be glad to see you again.

Sincerely yours
    Uwe

3. Matt_360

Matt_360 Rookie

Jul 20, 2004
    Aschaffenburg, D
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Dear Uwe,

thank you so much for your wishes. Flat out like a lizzard drinking after the last couple of months I welcomed the dawn of the new year. After hearing of the awful seaquake that stroke the asian coastlines I nearly lost faith in life.

And I very often ask myself: what the hell am I doing here, programming and installing software for banks... crap!!!

When I was reading about Wolfgang's plans, I was really full of joy. It's great to put a smile on someone's face, someone who really deserves it.

Let's give Wolfgang all our support. I'm looking forward to discussing the details with all of you, to share our joy and enthusiasm with these handicapped children. It's good to see them smile :)

Hope to see you guys soon again, I'll give you a ring, should be in FFM again in the second half of January.

ANNNNNNNNND, Uwe, old buddy, give Beate a big hug from me, not too firm :))) , just the right portion to express: 'Hi Beate, good to see you again.' ;-)

See you soon,

Matthias

4. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    WOW, this is a great idea Wolf. Unfortunately I am really far away. Is there anything I can do all the way here in Canada??? Donation's???

As usual, I will be in Europe this year but only in the summer.

Good luck with everything and all the best in 2005.

Vasco.R

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Dear gents,

I`m so happy & proud of all of you to see my idea growing and growing.
    Thanks for all the upcoming support. Highly appreciated and the kids will be very happy. I`m sure this will be "the day of their live" for the poor kids.

I`ll be on Monday & Tuesday on several meetings with sponsors and children houses.
    The organisation & perfomance of this day will be 100% professional done!
    (I will let you know everything in detail as soon as I have the confirmation from our supporters and co workers)

Here are just a few thought I`m working on:
    - Location: not yet set but up to our main sponsors I think it will be
    in the Rhein-Main-Neckar area (Heidelberg, Frankfurt, Mannheim)
    - Date: not yet set, but should be around March/April
    - Day: Saturday
    - 1 day event from 13:00p.m. till 19:00p.m.
    - Drive out with the kids the whole day in 15-20 minutes turns
    - Free eating & drinks for the kids (Sponsoring by firms & donations)
    - Free entertainment for the kids: bouncy castle, paint corner....draw the car you have just driven with.
    - Free Live Music. I`ll let a prof. & well known band play on a smal stage for the whole afternoon (friends of mine & its a free concert!)
    ........and many, many more I`m thinking & working on it.

Saturday evening we (the participants and sponsors) could have a dinner together (everybody is paying for himself) at Nino, Schwetzingen; secure parking for the cars is no problem, over night stay at Villa Modena/Nino is for sure also no problem.

.......any thoughts, ideas, recommendations are still & always very welcome!

Yours
    Wolfgang

6. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Wolfgang,

I don't know what kind of children you are aiming for, but keep in mind that the event will most probably be in the vincinity of a hospital (children with cancer, etc). In that case the band might not be such a good idea. If you aim on another location the children need some form of transport to that location. This plan might work better if you aim your target on an orphanage.
    I am very curious what the meetings will bring. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Ton

7. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Wolfgang,
    just remember that the last Sunday of March is Easter. IMHO it could be a good thing to set the date later in April due to longer light hours in the afternoon so that we have more times for runs.
    Ciao
    Eugenio

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Thats a very good point, thanks Eugenio. There is still no date set and we will take care of your thoughts, thanks.

9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Dear Ton,

thanks for your always brilliant input.
    We have now so many opportunities & support to make it happen that I`m on the way to make decissions.
    a.) Orphanage / children house / children with cancer
    b.) Rent free (payed by local sponsors) a football place with all facilities for food, drinks, live band, games....a.s.o.
    incl. c.) Shuttle service for the children and person in charge to the stadium.

to a.) no problem and I/we can arrange everything easy ourthelves.
    to b.) we need -and we can & will get the support of the german most popular TV station with all the background....

Thats why I`m asking here to see how many participants and support we will have & get on this.

There are steps.....
    local, regional, over regional, germany
    I would love to make as many kids as possible happy on this day.

10. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Wolfgang

could you pm me the details, I can then look at my Diary :)

thanks

Mark

11. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Dear Wolfgang,

My support is unconditional! Keep me informed.

12. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Mark,
    I hope we can set the date till end of this week. I`ll let you and all the others know a.s.a.p.

13. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Your input and your competence as a docotr is highly appreciated - I`m realy happy & proud to have you by my side.

14. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    Wolfgang,

Please let me know when you decide to put this event on, only too glad to lend a hand, and I will circulate this to all my Ferrari members.

I have organised two charity days in the UK for a Childrens Hospital in the last two years, so I am very happy to help anyway I can.

Regards,
    Phil.

15. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    That sounds like EXPERIENCE!
    Great!

16. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Phil,
    what a wonderful reading, thank you so much.
    Thats what I have been looking for. Somebody with "red-blood" and experience on this sensitive porject!
    Once again, the ferrarichat.com...munity is unbeatable. So many peoples with so many different kinds of professions and experiences.

I`ll send you a PM with my persona datas & phone numbers next week after the first pre-meetings with more and detailed infos.

Glad to have you on board:)

17. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello gents,

just a quick update:
    I have got so many emails from europe and oversea from peoples who want to support us and the idea - thats amazing thank you all!

I`m now in cooperation with a main german TV station who want to help & support us. I`ll let you know more in the next 2-3 weeks.

An Expose with all the needed infos for the participants & sponsors with the schedule will be prepared and sent to you within the next 2 weeks.

We are looking forward to arrange the meeting in: JUNE 2005!!!
    April doesn`t works cuase the eastern holidays and mostly bad weather conditions.
    May doesn`t works cause there are already to many drive outs and most of the participants has already signed in for the drive outs.

So, lets focus JUNE 05!

I`ll keep you update here and the Expose by PM/Mail.

Yours
    Wolfgang

18. mr.modena

mr.modena Formula 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Jaroslav Hanus
  19. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Thats wonderful Jaroslav!!!
    Thanks a lot, any help is highly appreciated.
    I have added you to my distributer list.
    Main updates are here, details by PM.

Wolfgang

20. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Great idea Wolfgang. As I recall, you come to Texas a couple times a year for guitar shows, yes? Maybe we can do a similar FCA event while you are here? Let me know if you have the time, and I'll contact Tillman and/or Rob.

Dale

21. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Howdy Dale,
    I`m over in Dallas/DFW between 08.-12. April.
    Rob, Nick and the DFW crew already knows about my c`ming:D
    I`m looking forward to see you and it would be great if you guys could organize something simular for the kids in TX?!

22. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    Wolfie,

Any news, have you picked a date yet for this in June as I have my own Childrens Hospital Charity day to organise in June and do not want to clash with your event.

Regards,
    Phil.

23. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello Phil & all the others,
    sadly no date set till today.
    Its growing so big (maybe too big and we have think about....)I`m in negotiations with several big sponsors.
    I`ll let you know a.s.a.p. hopefully till end of next week we will find a solution and date to make it happen.

24. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I am looking forward to it!