Labeling 1:18 in showcase | FerrariChat

Labeling 1:18 in showcase

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by ClydeM, Dec 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Ok, bought a Cherry display case for my 1:18 scale models & other Ferrari stuff
    They look good!

What and how have you folks labeled your collections? I'd like to come up with some labeling technique so someone peering into the case can readily identify the cars. I want the labels fairly small and non-obtrusive.

Short term: What I'm doing now is P-touching the names & sticking them on hanging-folder tabs which have sticky glue that adheres to the glass shelf. This looks poor.

I was thinking buying some plastic, heating it & bending it into stantions & labeling those to put in front of the cars. But my artistic ability is near zero.

Ideas?

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Print the names on small squares of card stock, fold them in half so they stand up, and then you have small free standing labels in front of the cars. Sort of like the price labels in display cases.

3. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I want to label my collection as well. I went to 'The sharper image', because they have their cars on display. I asked the manager where they got those plastic label holders, but he said that the home office sends those to them. Those would be ideal for my collection!!!

4. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
  5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest